VDH Opening

I put in a call to my guide who is based in CA but her voicemail says she’s out of the office until Saturday 🤦🏻‍♀️. Definitely odd to open for cash booking before selling the points. I wonder if it’s a paperwork issue on the timeshare side?

I now wonder if it is because sales are sluggish and they are in no rush to start sales?

I asked for presale details on DVC chat and the cast member told me there’s an internal meeting this afternoon where all the cast members will be getting info. Hopefully that means we'll get info on buying soon!

Do they have the option of selling all available rooms as cash rooms only for now and holding off on selling points until the economy improves? I'm sure they'd have no problem selling out the rooms on cash stays for quite a while. Inventory at Disneyland Resort is so tiny compared to at Disney World Resort.

What a bizarre way to announce the resort…Cash only bookings…. For a new DVC resort? Lol not what I was expecting.
Not what I was expecting either. I bought VGC last year, but love DLH's aesthetic and was curious to try VDH at some point when it opened with some leftover points I have. If they're not going to let us use our points, I would hope they'd publish cash rates online prior to 3/15. With a one day exclusive booking window, it would feel very throwback to the 80's to call for a hotel reservation without knowing the damage upfront. I'm also assuming parking (currently $35/nt) would be extra given it's cash?

I'll likely wait until DVC decides to give point spenders the green light to access whatever leftovers cash buyers leave behind...

I asked for presale details on DVC chat and the cast member told me there’s an internal meeting this afternoon where all the cast members will be getting info. Hopefully that means we'll get info on buying soon!

Do they have the option of selling all available rooms as cash rooms only for now and holding off on selling points until the economy improves? I'm sure they'd have no problem selling out the rooms on cash stays for quite a while. Inventory at Disneyland Resort is so tiny compared to at Disney World Resort.

They can’t sell until they declare units for sale so it is possible they push off sales.

Not a fan of the themed rooms... May be time to pivot to another VGC contract. Couldn't we have just stuck to mild sleeping beauty with a focus on the castle? Or at worst stop at fantasia? Why did they feel the need to include Tiana at every level and for every tower studio to be jungle book? And the grand villa with 3 (or more??) IPs?

My excitement for this project died in a hurry and I think they've lost my family as buyers on it.
That's funny, I had the exact opposite reaction - I totally want to stay in a Jungle Book resort studio now ... lol

I've been looking at the photos and it seems neither studio type has a balcony. Am I missing something? What do the rest of you think? Does it matter to you? Outside seating is one of the big DVC draws for me.

I've been looking at the photos and it seems neither studio type has a balcony. Am I missing something? What do the rest of you think? Does it matter to you? Outside seating is one of the big DVC draws for me.
Looking at the artist rendering of the building, it appears that a lot of the villas will not have a balcony.

dlhflatv37957949170-624x352.jpg

There is nothing stopping them from making points available for sale before cash bookings in mid-March. It’s nice to give DVC non-direct members a slight head start for cash bookings if they want to come out for Halloween theming.

March also lines up with the historical timeline of offering pre-sale incentives 6-months before opening.

Every Disney vlogger on YouTube will be leading with this story today.

Pay no attention to the nasty WDW Union negotiations…..

I think California has different laws for when timeshares can be offered for sale. I think the resort has to be closer to the opening date before sales can begin than in Florida. At least I think I read that somewhere.

Do we think this will be a good property to buy and rent out points? I guess it will depend on the points chart… My big problem with DVC right now is owners are basically shut out of DL unless you own there…

Per room plans studios were never going to have balconies, just 1br and up.
Thank you for the info. I never looked at the plans that carefully. I just assumed DVC always has at least a small outdoor space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter