Updated : the CM was wrong, everything is done and OK.The merging of existing reservations no longer exist ?

I just did this. Zero issues, two different use years. No changing room, all the same resort, I was told that it was changed in the system. It would take up to 3 days to show the change online. However it took less than 12 hours.

Assuming they are all the same UY, why not modify and extend the 7-8 night reservation to include the non resort points when the [7 month+7 day] window opens for each of those days?
I haven’t been able to do that in the past but maybe it’s just me??

When I book at 11 months I can only select the contracts for that resort. I can’t select another one even though it’s the same use year so therefore I’m unable to modify the 11 month reservation.

I just made a request through the website to have MS merge a reservation over two Memberships…. let’s see how this goes….

Last edited:
I haven’t been able to do that in the past but maybe it’s just me??

When I book at 11 months I can only select the contracts for that resort. I can’t select another one even though it’s the same use year so therefore I’m unable to modify the 11 month reservation.

That's the way it works.

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in your upcoming travel plans and will be happy to assist you.

As these reservations are booked under two separate Memberships, they cannot be combined. Notes have been added to each half indicating that they are intended to be part of a continuing set of reservations. The Front Desk will do what they can to keep you in the same villa for your length of stay, though it cannot be guaranteed.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thank you and have a magical day,

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in your upcoming travel plans and will be happy to assist you.

As these reservations are booked under two separate Memberships, they cannot be combined. Notes have been added to each half indicating that they are intended to be part of a continuing set of reservations. The Front Desk will do what they can to keep you in the same villa for your length of stay, though it cannot be guaranteed.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thank you and have a magical day,
Was that over two memberships (each with a different UY), as MS says in the email, or different UYs of the same membership (e.g. end of 2023 UY into start of 2024 UY)?

I just chatted yesterday to combine individual nights that I had pieced together to make a continuous stay. The chat first transferred me to a 'vacation advisor' who then told me they would put in a ticket and my request would be complete within 7 days. This morning I received an email and my reservation was combined, with less than a day waiting.

I've had to do this quite often as a BWV owner who can't always get a whole reservation at 11 months. Sometimes I've called, and they put in a ticket. Other times it happens while on the phone. I now really prefer the chat option. Simple.

Okay, thanks. I was fixin' to be confused!
Yes I can certainly see why!!!

Use year is always the Months and never the actual year

They should call it the START of your use year as that is the anniversary when your annual allotment of points are loaded to be used.

Or be like businesses and schools and state your fiscal use year runs from month X and ends on month Y

You will have one member # per use year so the maximum number of member numbers a person can have is 8.

I can’t imagine having that many as I struggle with all of my contracts under 1 number!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter