Updated : the CM was wrong, everything is done and OK.The merging of existing reservations no longer exist ?

gisele2

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Hi , just tried to link two reservations for my April trip and the CM told me this feature no longer exist. He wrote a note, and the front desk will do what they can to make sure I stay in the same room. I was able to link my previous reservation a week ago...

Last edited:
Are you talking about a continuous stay or merging of reservations? If continuous stay, as far as I know it has always been a note in the system. If merging of reservations no longer exist that is definitely going to cause a ripple effect.

Merging existing reservations . In the chat the CM said this is no longer offered.

Merging reservation . In the chat the CM said this is no longer offered.
Ouch. Will be interested to hear from others if this is really the case or if it is an misinformed cast member. You might want to change the title of the thread so more will view it.

Hi , just tried to link two reservations for my April trip and the CM told me this feature no longer exist. He wrote a note, and the front desk will do what they can to make sure I stay in the same room. I was able to link my previous reservation a week ago...
Did you make these reservations using different membership numbers or the same membership numbers? You can't merge reservations if using different membership numbers.

Depending on the resort, it is also possible that you have two different unit types reserved. Lock off villas cannot be merged with dedicated villas. It's also possible the CM gave you incorrect information. My advice is to call again and if refused again, ask for an explanation. Let them know that you were able to do this very recently for other reservations.

I just did a merge because I had reservations at the same resort but, the last two nights were in a different use-year so it showed as two reservations.

I'm not sure what "Merging reservations" means. Does what we do qualify? We wanted to vacation for 11-12 days, but we only have enough points with that resort (HHI) as our home for 7-8 days. So at 11 months we do those days, then reserve the last few days at 7 months out. At some point we Email MS to combine the two reservations and make i one 11-12 day reservation. Is that merging? If so, and we can't do it any more, doesn't that mean that we're now at risk of having to change rooms 7-8 days into our stay?

I'm not sure what "Merging reservations" means. Does what we do qualify? We wanted to vacation for 11-12 days, but we only have enough points with that resort (HHI) as our home for 7-8 days. So at 11 months we do those days, then reserve the last few days at 7 months out. At some point we Email MS to combine the two reservations and make i one 11-12 day reservation. Is that merging? If so, and we can't do it any more, doesn't that mean that we're now at risk of having to change rooms 7-8 days into our stay?
That sounds like merging to me! And I sure hope they don't stop doing that, for whatever the reason. We've used merging a couple times in the past when I was able to book 1 night of AKL Club Level, so I grabbed it - then another 1-night stay, and eventually (if lucky) a third night - all continuous on the calendar. MS would merge 3 1-night reservations into a single 3-night. No idea why they'd stop doing that if it's the same resort and same room type.

Assuming they are all the same UY, why not modify and extend the 7-8 night reservation to include the non resort points when the [7 month+7 day] window opens for each of those days?

Assuming they are all the same UY, why not modify and extend the 7-8 night reservation to include the non resort points when the [7 month+7 day] window opens for each of those days?
I never thought of that-Thanks!

I just did this. Zero issues, two different use years. No changing room, all the same resort, I was told that it was changed in the system. It would take up to 3 days to show the change online. However it took less than 12 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter