UPDATE in post #34: "Time Sensitive Information about Your Disney Vacation Club Membership"

I got one of these emails last night about selling back my AKV. I am amused that it states it looks like I have not been using my DVC membership points. I have all my AKV points (2019 and 2020 Dec UY and 2020 and 2021 Feb UY) on a resveration at Kidani for the 50th in a 1 bedroom for 12 nights. And then the Feb 2022 points on a March reservation. So kind of feel like I am using the points quite a bit.

I just got the letter but I am an Animal Kingdom Lodge owner .
anyon else get this that isn’t old key west owner ?

If they have interest (willingness to buy) in stripped contracts (although it's impossible to fully strip a contract these days), $88/point is a reasonable price for BIG contracts. Commissions approach 9% and the big OKW contracts sell for a bit over $100/point. And this would be almost no effort.

It's not a good deal. But it could be a lot worse. When I first heard about this, I expected worse (like $50/point).

Only thing to add is that someone who paid less than even $80/point can get all their money back…and then some…with a quick and easy process.

So while you are not making what you might make on the resale market, there is something to be said about getting your money fast..

Only thing to add is that someone who paid less than even $80/point can get all their money back…and then some…with a quick and easy process.

So while you are not making what you might make on the resale market, there is something to be said about getting your money fast..
Makes me wonder how the resale brokers feel about this move from DVC...

potential loss of sales?

Got the exact same email as the OP yesterday, but it was asking our interest in selling our points at Kidani.
I was wonder about this. That would actually be selling at a loss. I think opening price was about $90 pp.

My guess is the range of $80-$88 is the 10% limited-time "bonus" that the OP mentions. The normal price is $80/point but they are offering $88 for a limited period.

Yes, $88 includes the 10% bonus depending on the "status" of the points in the contract. I did not ask for an offer, but was led to believe that with a stripped contract it would be towards the lower end of the range.

My initial expectation was that the bonus would be on top of what they are currently paying for ROFR - but that is NOT the case.

I was wonder about this. That would actually be selling at a loss. I think opening price was about $90 pp.
My understanding is that the $80 - 88 range was for OKW as he mentioned that OKW was now selling for $170 (all OKW direct sales have the 2057 expiration).

Other resorts will have their own range based on current sales pricing.

I received an email as well for my AKV jambo points. I also own at SSR and that was not mentioned in the email and did not receive a 2nd one. As a Canadian I have not been able to use any points since Oct 2019 but we have rented and transferred or points for the first time and all the 2020 points for AKV are used but the SSR ones are still not. Would not sell right now and If I was too I would sell through resale again.

Interesting to see a Canadian offer! I though Disney never ROFRed international offers...

This would eliminate ROFR, but that doesn't mean it's "quick and easy." You'd still have a title company or at least a title search, and financial intermediary involved. Heck, it could be slower. DVC is not known for speed.

Maybe we will find out if someone takes the offer.

Last edited:
I just received one with my Sarasota contract, said i haven't used my contract recently despite booking a trip last July and this coming in March. Yikes, $80-$88 isn't exactly a good deal if that's the case.

I've actually heard that Disney tends to take just as long to get you your money after exercising ROFR so that may not be the case with this offer. The only benefit I can see is getting funds direct deposit as opposed to physical check.

Last edited:
Now that we know SSR and AKV are also being targeted, I wonder if this is yet another short-term way to increase cash flow into DVC by taking back contracts for a greater profit margin when they recycle those points when they sell direct.

Coupled with all the recent changes, to me it sounds like executives are looking to rebound from this past year and a half, without regard to how these initiatives makes customers feel. They clearly didn't spend much time getting reactions to or personalizing the e-mails sent out (lots of e-mails to people who recently stayed at the resorts or have upcoming reservations), which really makes it come off as a poorly executed initiative. I mean the way it was worded could've been interpreted as phishing attempt or some other scam.

I've actually heard that Disney tends to take just as long to get you your money after exercising ROFR so that may not be the case with this offer.
I've actually heard that Disney tends to take just as long to get you your money after exercising ROFR so that may not be the case with this offer.

Except I don’t think there is the ROFR needed so it has to be quicker, especially now that some title companies are holding seller funds until contracts transfer…or at least a few extra weeks.

Even without ROFR, they aren't necessarily quicker. Had a friend sell 2 contracts - one was ROFR'd and one wasn't. They got the funds quicker on the resale even with ROFR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter