UPDATE: 6/1 TR STARTED-2 'Bama families + a SUV takin' on the World - March 2010!

ok, let me post a couple links for you, but basically you enroll your kids in one of the 3 hour classes (actually done in the parks, not in a classroom, very fun!) and with that you get discounted tickets. The tickets aren't up for sale yet, but the class schedule is out. My kids and I did the properties of motion class in January and they loved it! They got to ride 3 rides in MK and did experiments before each ride. It was so fun!!! These classes usually require a group of 10 or more kids but they are doing open enrollment in June and July which means you don't have to be part of a group to participate. I hope you didn't already buy your tickets. You get these discounted tickets for everyone in your party.How old are your kids?

I just noticed that the first class is begins June 14, is there any way you can push your vacation back a week? The site only gives prices for up to 5 day tickets but you can get more days at the discounted price. The kids and I got 5 day park hoppers for $157!!!!!

http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go....ender?page=OpenEnrollmentEventInfoListingPage
I wish we could move the dates but our VBS at Cedar Grove starts on the 13 and with me being preschool choir director I have to be there to lead the preschool worship ralley. It sounds really neat too but we already booked and paid for the trip with a pin code I received back in January. Jeff likes to have total packages booked with food and all and pay for it all at one time, the joys of being married to an accountant I guess. Flight is our only problem now, I have tried to talk him into driving and he asked had I lost my mind. He flys alot with work so he is pretty spoiled about that. Haley and Hayden Claire would love the YES program activites though maybe I can look into it next time before we book and convince Jeff it is a better way to go. Thanks for the info I will def put it in my disney notebook for future reference.

ok, let me post a couple links for you, but basically you enroll your kids in one of the 3 hour classes (actually done in the parks, not in a classroom, very fun!) and with that you get discounted tickets. The tickets aren't up for sale yet, but the class schedule is out. My kids and I did the properties of motion class in January and they loved it! They got to ride 3 rides in MK and did experiments before each ride. It was so fun!!! These classes usually require a group of 10 or more kids but they are doing open enrollment in June and July which means you don't have to be part of a group to participate. I hope you didn't already buy your tickets. You get these discounted tickets for everyone in your party.How old are your kids?

I just noticed that the first class is begins June 14, is there any way you can push your vacation back a week? The site only gives prices for up to 5 day tickets but you can get more days at the discounted price. The kids and I got 5 day park hoppers for $157!!!!!

http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go....ender?page=OpenEnrollmentEventInfoListingPage

mh1973 you are the bomb.com on Disney stuff!:wizard: I thought the open enrollment was only going to happen in January. Hmmm - :scratchin wonder if I can get DH to go again......

I am so jealous about your flight. The cutoff for those was flights thru May 25 so we weren't able to get it. Jeff was so ill.:mad: I am still watching SW for us a good price but right now it's still $135 down and $115 back per person. I just hope they go down soon but you know Jeff he is so spoiled he said we'd pay $1200 for the flight if it kept him from driving. Gotta love having a spoiled hubby. :rotfl2:

Check Delta. I know last year in May they ran a really good special. We didn't take it b/c I really wanted us to drive(crazy I know). :crazy:

Also, have you lined up your stroller yet. If not, check out ladybugmom's PTR. She's on my thread. She had an interesting, helpful discussion about strollers. Here's a link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2337298&page=36. Go to Post 533. Good Luck!

mh1973 you are the bomb.com on Disney stuff!:wizard: I thought the open enrollment was only going to happen in January. Hmmm - :scratchin wonder if I can get DH to go again......

Thanks alleymax! Everything I know I learn here!

Okay - since we're flying now we will actually have a little more time on "Opening Day" and the "Final Act" I needed to include those details.

Saturday, March 20th Opening Day (a.k.a. Arrival Day):
- Arrive at MCO via Southwest Airlines at 9:50 AM. Hop on M.E. and arrive at ASMo about 11:00 or 11:30.
- Once at ASMo I figure we go ahead and check-in at the front desk so we can at least get our park tickets because I seriously doubt our room will be ready. From what I’ve read the week prior is supposed to be really busy.
- By now we should all be sufficiently hungry so we’ll probably head on over to the food court and grab some lunch! YUM! :drinking1:coffee:popcorn:::drinking::surfweb: (there was not a smilie specifically for chowing down so I picked all the ones that we consuming :rotfl:)
- After lunch - well that’s undecided. I was thinking either we pack the girls swimsuits & let them swim until the rooms are ready or head on over to one of the parks. This is still up in the air.
-7:50 PM ADR at Chef Mickey’s to celebrate BFF Ashley’s 9th birthday! :cake: This will be our 1st time to eat at Chef Mickey’s.
-Then if the crew is up for it, I was thinking we should cruise on over to MK to hopefully catch a glimpse of Wishes & maybe the NEW 11:00 PM Spectro parade! :faint:
From here everything pretty much stays the same until the last day…..

Sunday, March 21st:

We plan to hit Epcot taking on Future World and start on World Showcase using our ‘adult’ passports (thx mh1973)! Thx to fellow DISer mh1973 World Showcase is now one of our favorite places. Until last May we have never really taken time to tour World Showcase. Wow were we missing out!

Monday, March 22nd:

About 9:00 AM all the girls will head over to the Contemporary Resort with the DH’s for their Bass Fishing Excursion which is scheduled for 10:00 AM. The fishing trip will definitely be an all boys event. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts BFFD Bryan is an avid fisherman so we knew when scheduling the excursion that the Bass Nitro was a must.

Right now I’m not sure what we girls will do while the dad’s are on the fishing trip. Once we all meet back up we plan to finish our day at Epcot – World Showcase!

Tuesday, March 23rd:

This will be our official MK day!!

Wednesday, March 24th:

Hump day we will hit HS and possibly back to MK that night.

Thursday, March 25th:

Going to AK on this day with a 12:30 ADR at Rainforest Café. BFF’s have eaten at Rainforest before but we have not. After leaving AK we will probably go back to the room for a little R & R and possibly head back to HS to watch Fantasmic. Out of our group DD & I are the only ones that have seen Fantasmic. Now with the additional times on the schedule I really hope it works out. :yay:

Friday, March 26th:

:scratchin Not real sure about the morning may either go back to AK or HS but that afternoon we will go back to MK and hopefully get to watch the Spectro parade!

Saturday, March 27th - "The Final Act":

Our flight home to BHAM doesn’t depart until 5:35PM, so I figured we’ll wait until the last possible minute and check out, then head to DTD, maybe have lunch at the ESPN club or Paradiso 37, do a little shopping or maybe not – YIKES – I might have to swap some days around b/c I won’t be able to buy anything that won’t be able to fit into a carry-on since our luggage will already be with the ASMo baggage “thing”. Hmmm – might have to really put some thought into this…..:scratchin
Regardless, I think we'll have to head back to ASMo around 2PM to catch the M.E. back to MCO.

It is no problem to do.....There is a charge, but I'm not sure I remember what it is. I think things usually arrive in 7-10 days.

Okay - as you all know we will be celebrating BFF Ashley's 9th birthday and just look what BFF Mom, Stacey has lined up for a surprise - Mickey's Birthday Wish!
This was new to me but Stacey found Disney Florist and they will do in-room celebrations! Is that not the coolest!! I think I may order Mickey's Kool Snack and have it delivered. They had a really cute one for kids, Ears to You but Emma already has the pink Mickey ears and this year she has requested the Minnie Mouse version with her name embroidered on them so that wouldn't work. :sad1: Anyways, I wanted to share that with everyone because I think that it is an absolutely precious idea!!

So why have I neglected my PTR??? Well, just when you think everything at work is going to be ‘easy-breezy’ – Murphy steps in and brings you back to reality. :sad2:

Subsequently, DD’s softball season started. And of course practice wasn’t enough they had to throw in TWO pre-season tournaments!! I mean we literally had 2 practices under our belt – can you believe that?! :rolleyes2

Then, the time came to say goodbye to an old friend – Clifford or as the tag said CLFFORD. As you may recall, Clifford was my red 2000 Ford Expedition named by DD after the cartoon Clifford the big red dog. Though there was nothing wrong with Clifford, I guess it was just time for us to move on. So I decided to retire the CLFFORD tag and I ordered me a new one to go with the ‘new-to-me’ car. :car: My DISboard friends you are gonna love this – my new tag is PXC DST! :tink: What can I say I’m a Disney nerd and I’m not ashamed. :lmao:

So this post doesn't end up being too long I'm going to end here and update the remainder shortly so in the words of Tigger - TTFN!! :tigger:

Okay- how I ALMOST forgot again I'll never know - let's blame it on the excitement! But finally here's my single digit dance - only 5 MORE DAYS!!!! So calling all dancing smilies....
:cool1: :banana: :woohoo::yay::dance3::dancer:party:

I’ve been doing a little more shopping in preparation. I ordered DD a new pair of Mickey (actually their Minnie) ears for this trip.
100_2518.JPG

I thought she would like to have new pair this year. She’s worn the same pink ones since our 1st trip back in 2006. Plus the new ones have her name on them which she is really excited about.

I also got her this cute little Mickey shirt from Justice.
100_2517.JPG

Then I ordered me this really cute L/S Mickey shirt from the Disney store.
100_2516.JPG

I’m beginning to think I’m going to need to pack more capris & jeans than shorts. Right now the temps show they will be in the mid 70’s for the high and mid 50’s for the lows and that’s pretty chilly to me.:cold:

Now I’ve got to decide on a bag. Last year I mostly carried my Kavu rope bag.
Kavu_Rope_Bag.jpg

With all the rain we had on that trip it was the perfect size bag to carry our umbrellas. We literally fit all 3 umbrellas in that bag. But if the weather is nice I don’t know that I will need one that size. I have a Kavu Kicker bag but after carrying it to the ballpark and such I decided I don’t like the flap-over design – too much trouble.

This year I narrowed my choices down to 2 bags. One, is the Sherpani Switch.

and the other is the VB hipster in the Daisy Daisy pattern.
But it appears I won't have to choose, availability is going to be the deciding factor. None of the usual stores that carried the Sherpani bags had them in stock. So it looks like the VB hipster wins, which is good b/c I probably would’ve chosen it anyways. It comes highly recommended on DISboards. The bad thing though is the pattern. The one I like is one of the older patterns and they don’t sell it in the local VB store here in Birmingham & the VB online has been out of stock of the Daisy Daisy. I could probably get it on ebay but don’t want to chance it not arriving on time. So I think I may just go by the local VB store this evening and see if I like one of the other patterns better in person. So keep your fingers crossed…….:goodvibes

Sorry I've been MIA but I'm back now!!! Busy, BUSY several weeks!! Your trip is sooo close now!! How exciting!! Love the ears and the shirts!! And yay for the VB hipster!! I LOVE mine!! :lovestruc

Well, I went to the Vera Bradley store last night after work and left empty handed. I tried on the hipster & I don't know if it's b/c I'm 4' 11" but it just seemed too big for me. I adjusted the strap but still didn't feel right. :sad: So I guess I might try to look at another style Kavu bag to see if there's one that would work better.

But I did get one thing accomplished. I finally got around to completing our iron-on shirts. :goodvibes Emma & Ashley both choose to have the little elephant design on the back of theirs and Stacey & I went with Mickey.

FRONT
100_2527.JPG

BACK of the girl's shirt ;)
100_2528.JPG

BACK of the Mom's :)
100_2529.JPG

So let the packing commence!

Your shirts turned out so cute! :thumbsup2 I LOVE the little elephant wearing the MickeyEars! You'll need to send me that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter