UPDATE: 6/1 TR STARTED-2 'Bama families + a SUV takin' on the World - March 2010!

I'm definitely subscribing! Can't wait to read more. We're going March 8-12th. :goodvibes My husband is from Daleville, AL. I may not have been born a Bama fan, but I am one now. ;)

I'm definitely subscribing! Can't wait to read more. We're going March 8-12th. :goodvibes My husband is from Daleville, AL. I may not have been born a Bama fan, but I am one now. ;)

Same here!! I married into it!! My DH grew up in Jasper and his entire family (including him) went to the University of Alabama!!

:wave2: HI :wave2: I had to come over to a fellow Bama fan's PTR.

We were at Disney last year at the same time too. I so hope it doesn't do the same this year.

:welcome: Dana & fellow Alabamian! I sure hope we both have better luck with the weather this year!

Welcome! There's just something about them 'Bama boys! :laughing:

Okay - well I have managed to get my sis lined up for pet sitting. She will be coming to stay and take care of my other little babies:

Barkley, my crazy little pom
100_0068.JPG

Cata
100_0198.JPG

Shorty
Barkley_002.jpg

Not pictured is Moody, our blue Betta fish :fish:& Clyde our African Dwarf frog.:bounce:

My sis is not exactly an animal lover but it will save me the expense of having to board them.:woohoo:

I've been playing around with Photoshop again & I have come up with another t-shirt design. :idea: Let me know what you think.

Disney_Alabama_2_resized.jpg

My thought is to put this design on the back of the shirt like the one 'Edward ' was wearing in one of my earlier posts and keep the Houndstooth Mickey head design on the front corner pocket area and put our last names in the Mickey head - what do ya'll think? :listen:

OMG! I am so behind! Well, I have a major change in plans. In fact I need to revise my PTR title! :scared1:

As most of you know it has been snowing here in 'old Bamie and man it can really reek havoc.
4361251850_c910ac0c6f_b.jpg

Snow Buddies on Friday!

In fact it's snowing right now!
4360510849_838cea4bd0_b.jpg

That's what has accumulated so far this evening!

So anyways as of last Wednesday we are no longer driving to WDW we are flying!! Thanks again to Marnie (mh1973) we got an incredible deal through Southwest, $39 EACH WAY. So we all jumped on board. After all was said and done the total cost for our family of three was $298.20. :dance3: Which will probably be a little less than the cost of the rental. DH is thrilled to say the least. He loves to fly! I don’t mind it either my only reservation is luggage limitations. Truth be known the SUV probably would’ve limited me more than the plane trip. For just $50 I can take on another piece of luggage. :woohoo: With the SUV we would’ve had to stack things so high on top! I mean no matter how much I try to plan for it I always buy more souveniers than my suitcases will hold. On our 1st trip we had to purchase one of those $150 suitcases sold in the gift shop at the resort and then pay $75 to get it on the plane. On our trip to NYC a couple of years I took an empty suitcase and still had to buy another one. I simply have no discipline. :sad2: So now I will need to update our itinerary to include our flights etc. I definately have some questions I hope you all can help me with. But first I've got to go and catch up on everyone else's reports I'm so behind!

Cute snow people! It snowed this morning here again, and we missed school for the 2nd Monday in a row. Right now, we're starting tomorrow on a 2 hr. delay, but I won't be surprised if school's cancelled again.

WOW----$39 each way....I want a deal like that! That's fantastic!:thumbsup2

LOVE the snow pics!! Sooo pretty!! :lovestruc

Holy cow!!! $39 each way?! That's incredible!! I wish we had Southwest in Memphis. Plane tickets are sooo expensive here--ours were $320 per person!!! :scared1: Thankfully my DH travels a lot for work and we got to use his miles!

LOVE the snow pics!! Sooo pretty!! :lovestruc

Holy cow!!! $39 each way?! That's incredible!! I wish we had Southwest in Memphis. Plane tickets are sooo expensive here--ours were $320 per person!!! :scared1: Thankfully my DH travels a lot for work and we got to use his miles!

Oh I hear 'ya on those flights in and out of Memphis. The company I work for has property there and whenever we have to fly it's ridiculous. :scared1:
But last week when I checked on flights for my boss they were only $117 from BHAM to MEM. Go figure! :confused3

OMG! OMG! Only 25 days to go!! :woohoo: And I've been doing a little shopping…..:goodvibes

Last year I purchased a pair of Salomon Techamphibian's and they were AWESOME for the parks! Now when I bought the Salomon's last year, I also fell in love with another shoe, sandal actually - Chaco's Z2. These sandals are so comfortable! :lovestruc At the time they did not have my size. But I managed to find me a pair this year!
Chaco_Z2_Unaweep_Sandals.jpg

I think I will have to order me a black pair too.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered these cute personalized eyelet tank tops from disneystore.com for the girls. http://www.disneystore.com/womens-apparel-create-your-own-eyelet-tank-top-for-her/p/1243516/305600/
I ordered them both blue ones but Emma's has a green Tinkerbell :tink: & Ashley's has a green Minnie Mouse ::MinnieMo. They are precious! I just hope it’s warm enough for them to wear them.

Now I’ve really got to go and catch up on everyone else’s plans. At some point I’ve got to check the TSA website and see what all the “no-no’s” are regarding carry-on. We haven’t flown in awhile so I need to be prepared. :eek:

I am so jealous about your flight. The cutoff for those was flights thru May 25 so we weren't able to get it. Jeff was so ill.:mad: I am still watching SW for us a good price but right now it's still $135 down and $115 back per person. I just hope they go down soon but you know Jeff he is so spoiled he said we'd pay $1200 for the flight if it kept him from driving. Gotta love having a spoiled hubby. :rotfl2:

Love Disney shopping! :thumbsup2

Oh my word---your ticker doesn't even show up as months anymore---it's in weeks and days!!! :yay::yay::yay: Super-Exciting!

I am so jealous about your flight. The cutoff for those was flights thru May 25 so we weren't able to get it. Jeff was so ill.:mad: I am still watching SW for us a good price but right now it's still $135 down and $115 back per person. I just hope they go down soon but you know Jeff he is so spoiled he said we'd pay $1200 for the flight if it kept him from driving. Gotta love having a spoiled hubby. :rotfl2:

Are you going in June or July? It looks like it might be in May. I was going to let you know about the YES program and open enrollment during June and July, HUGE discounted tickets with this program!

Are you going in June or July? It looks like it might be in May. I was going to let you know about the YES program and open enrollment during June and July, HUGE discounted tickets with this program!

We are going June 5-12. What is the YES program? I've never heard of it. DH really wants a cheap direct flight.

We are going June 5-12. What is the YES program? I've never heard of it. DH really wants a cheap direct flight.

ok, let me post a couple links for you, but basically you enroll your kids in one of the 3 hour classes (actually done in the parks, not in a classroom, very fun!) and with that you get discounted tickets. The tickets aren't up for sale yet, but the class schedule is out. My kids and I did the properties of motion class in January and they loved it! They got to ride 3 rides in MK and did experiments before each ride. It was so fun!!! These classes usually require a group of 10 or more kids but they are doing open enrollment in June and July which means you don't have to be part of a group to participate. I hope you didn't already buy your tickets. You get these discounted tickets for everyone in your party.How old are your kids?

I just noticed that the first class is begins June 14, is there any way you can push your vacation back a week? The site only gives prices for up to 5 day tickets but you can get more days at the discounted price. The kids and I got 5 day park hoppers for $157!!!!!

http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go....ender?page=OpenEnrollmentEventInfoListingPage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter