Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
(I knew that's what YOU meant, but it seems some readers are interpreting it differently - thank you for sharing 8-) BTW)
And some of us weren't sure if the reference is to all express passes or to hotel express

On one hand Universal is leaving $ on the table.
On the other hand interest in express will be high. Unhappy guests if it sells out quick, unhappy guests if it's priced high enough to limit demand (geed). Unhappy guests if it's oversold resulting in long express lines and outrageously long regular lines.

Last edited:
The Super Mario Land looks really neat. Are they really only doing 1 ride in the HP portion? Touringplans mentioned it was a single ride and a single live show, I was really hoping/expecting way more HP as that is the only reason we go to Universal and their current HP rides are so good I was hoping for multiple other headliners.

The Super Mario Land looks really neat. Are they really only doing 1 ride in the HP portion? Touringplans mentioned it was a single ride and a single live show, I was really hoping/expecting way more HP as that is the only reason we go to Universal and their current HP rides are so good I was hoping for multiple other headliners.
I've heard two rides

An extension is planned with a Great Hall dining experience in the coming couple of years, That said, the HP area is expected to be one of the largest, and the Ministry of Magic is expected to be enormous...and the ride is also being tipped to be one of the best there.

I'm guessing the planed for what they could do to open in 2025 and I'd assume Nintendo was the priority.
They have room for future expansion as I understand it.

Compared to what Disney did in a similar time frame it's all very impressive.
Lets just hope the stuff all works better than the stuff Disney put together.

Yeah the long term plan would be the train I guess
I don't see it. It's not meant for traveling with lots of luggage for one. Two, from the looks of it the stop will still be quite a walk to Universal. Can't see people wanting to walk with all their luggage that far. The train is more meant for commuter service mostly

I don't see it. It's not meant for traveling with lots of luggage for one. Two, from the looks of it the stop will still be quite a walk to Universal. Can't see people wanting to walk with all their luggage that far. The train is more meant for commuter service mostly
Universal plans to fund some of it and have buses as I understand it.

No different than the trains in Europe to city center, people get on with bags all the time.

If I recall there was better route, but Disney did not want to help pay and Universal did.

Sorry if I've missed a discussion on this earlier in the thread, but has anyone heard any whispers on when tickets might go on sale? Dying to be there day 1 (being at an opening day for a theme park of this scale is a major bucket list item for me) but feeling very burned from trying to get Eras Tour tickets, and hoping to figure out a strategy 😂😭

Sorry if I've missed a discussion on this earlier in the thread, but has anyone heard any whispers on when tickets might go on sale? Dying to be there day 1 (being at an opening day for a theme park of this scale is a major bucket list item for me) but feeling very burned from trying to get Eras Tour tickets, and hoping to figure out a strategy 😂😭
No dates announced as yet, but I would certainly keep checking or register for a Universal newsletter to get any advance notice.

Zero chance I would want to be there for that madness!! :laughing:

Zero chance I would want to be there for that madness!! :laughing:

Oh, I know it will be a disaster, that's why I want to be there! Imagine being able to tell your grandkids you were one of the ladies whose heels got stuck in the wet asphalt on Main Street opening day at Disneyland 😂 I just wanna revel in the chaos, I would have no expectations to actually ride anything hahaha.

Also though, I was on the opening leadership team for the original Wizarding World of Harry Potter and grand opening was the absolute craziest day. The former theme park operator in me wants to have a front row seat to see how it goes on a larger scale haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter