Ukulele lesson

disneymom503

Earning My Ears
Hope someone can help me out!

I am confused on when you make your reservations for things like ukulele lessons. Are you able to book them in advance like you are with aunties beach house or can you only book once you are at the resort?

When we were there you booked it when onsite.

The website says: Please note this is a very popular class and typically fills up, so be sure to check the Daily 'Iwa for class dates and sign-up information.

That implies to me it's still onsite. The Daily 'Iwa is their information about what's happening at the resort, so you can see the days there are things happening and hopefully get a Uke lesson at one point during your stay.

It looks like the classes drop 30 day’s advance like dinning, for anyone else who is interested!

I signed up online in advance for our stay next week. If you look at the Pau Hana Room – Community Hall site, there should be a "Reserve Now" option.
This is good to know for our next visit. Otherwise might never get anything with this method as an option ;)

We were at Aulani March 18-22, 2023 and in the middle of our stay, bookings for Pau Hana/ community activities changed from in person to online bookings. I think it took them a while to figure out the online system b/c events were available months out at that time!

I really enjoyed the ukulele lesson !

They can be booked online 30 days out. If you wait until you show up, you'll probably be out of luck. Happened to a friend who stayed there over spring break.

ok, I am confused. How do you book online for activities 30 days out? I can only see the schedule about a week out on the app and I dont see where to reserve a spot.

It's better to do that in advance, of course. In case you don't want to start from scratch, you can already practice at home with the free ukulele lessons available online. This way, it might be a bit more enjoyable for you. Learning the basics beforehand can make the experience more fun and rewarding when you start playing with others

Last edited:
I remember the Luau offered a brief ukulele lesson just before the show as part of their activities engagement.

Yes, it only takes one lesson to learn to play a musical instrument!

Doesn't anyone realize it's just a stupid gimmick to make you buy a ukulele that will never be used again?

Hmmm. it's harder than it looks!

-Paul

Yes, it only takes one lesson to learn to play a musical instrument!

Doesn't anyone realize it's just a stupid gimmick to make you buy a ukulele that will never be used again?

Hmmm. it's harder than it looks!

-Paul
Obviously you're not going to be an expert after one lesson, but it's a fun intro! You learn to play a few simple chords and string them together into basic songs. It's a fun intro experience.

Back to the topic, I called Auntys Beach House 30 days out to get the reservation. It can be done online, but it's free for DVC members - you just have to call (at least that's what member services told me).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter