Uhm....Bahamas is now requiring vaccinations for all passengers over 12..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their definition of "quickly" is different from mine.

Agreed!!! Also, I don’t love that the plan is to communicate the policy to guests on the affected sailings!!! Obviously you guys will all post here but this approach would suggest that they plan to put a temporary solution in place rather than just say “vaccinated 12+ Beginning 9/3 and going forward”. You know the Bahamas is going to extend it their mandate….I’d rather not go through this whole drama again on 11/1!!!

Agreed!!! Also, I don’t love that the plan is to communicate the policy to guests on the affected sailings!!! Obviously you guys will all post here but this approach would suggest that they plan to put a temporary solution in place rather than just say “vaccinated 12+ Beginning 9/3 and going forward”. You know the Bahamas is going to extend it their mandate….I’d rather not go through this whole drama again on 11/1!!!
I'm sure it will be published to the website. They probably mean reaching out directly to people who now need to cancel.

I'm sure it will be published to the website. They probably mean reaching out directly to people who now need to cancel.

Oh I agree they’ll publish it I just fear it’s going to be limited to that small 9/3-11/1 window. We sail in December and while I understand things are always changing with this virus, I was hoping that Disney was going to take a more “across the board” approach and just mandate vaccines for 12+ for the “foreseeable future”.

If Disney mandates vaccines for children. We are done. Not another Disney dollar spent. We've cruised 5x on Disney across Europe/CA/Mexico/Caribbean. Our daughter worked as a CM in their college program, we are all in agreement-it will be the end of our Disney experiences.

Oh I agree they’ll publish it I just fear it’s going to be limited to that small 9/3-11/1 window. We sail in December and while I understand things are always changing with this virus, I was hoping that Disney was going to take a more “across the board” approach and just mandate vaccines for 12+ for the “foreseeable future”.
It may happen where the cruisers impacted in the initial phase of the order are contacted now, then once they file suit against Florida to be allowed to require vaccination for all cruisers 12+ and prevail, they will announce a new policy that applies "for the foreseeable future ". Right now, their argument if Florida tries to fine them is "it wasn't us setting the policy, it was the Bahamas." But if they set a requirement now past 11/1, they lose their argument that they are only doing it because the Bahamas are making them.

It may happen where the cruisers impacted in the initial phase of the order are contacted now, then once they file suit against Florida to be allowed to require vaccination for all cruisers 12+, they will announce a new policy that applies "for the foreseeable future ". Right now, their argument if Florida tries to fine them is "it wasn't us setting the policy, it was the Bahamas." But if they set a requirement now past 11/1, they lose their argument that they are only doing it because the Bahamas are making them.
Unless the Bahamas extends the order, which is quite possible.

If Disney mandates vaccines for children. We are done. Not another Disney dollar spent. We've cruised 5x on Disney across Europe/CA/Mexico/Caribbean. Our daughter worked as a CM in their college program, we are all in agreement-it will be the end of our Disney experiences.
You are aware it's not Disney that's mandating the vaccination? Unless you think Disney can just not port in the Bahamas (or anywhere else, for that matter).

It's not unusual for cruise lines to require passengers have specific vaccinations to take a cruise when a country that they will be porting in requires such vaccinations.

I wonder what legal stance the state of Florida has anyways when it comes to international travel and what other countries require for entry . If you want to fly from MCO to Europe as a US citizen you have to be vaccinated. The state of Florida is not trying to stop airlines from operating.That’s the requirement of the country you are entering. Whether it’s a cruise ship or an airplane it’s a mode of transportation internationally. So DCL just simply has to follow The entry requirements of they countries they sail too.

I wonder if Disney could follow the letter of the law in Florida and the Bahamas? Allow guests to board in Florida without requiring proof of vaccine, but not allow guests to leave the ship in the Bahamas without first showing proof of vaccine? Those without a vaccine card could remain onboard.

I didn't read the press release from the Bahamas, so maybe they addressed this and I missed it.

Unless the Bahamas extends the order, which is quite possible.
And I agree that the order will be extended in all likelihood. But it will be less stressful for everyone if DCL joins the NCL lawsuit or files suit against Florida separately to be allowed to require proof of vaccine. Otherwise, they would be at the mercy of their port countries to issue orders and extend them in order to continue to make the argument that they are requiring vaccines because their ports are requiring them.

I wonder if Disney could follow the letter of the law in Florida and the Bahamas? Allow guests to board in Florida without requiring proof of vaccine, but not allow guests to leave the ship in the Bahamas without first showing proof of vaccine? Those without a vaccine card could remain onboard.

I didn't read the press release from the Bahamas, so maybe they addressed this and I missed it.
No. The order clearly states that a ship will not be allowed to enter Bahamian waters unless all passengers (12+) are fully vaccinated.

Edit: Bahamian PORT, not Bahamian Waters

The ship can't dock in the Bahamas unless they have documentation that all passengers ages 12 and up are vaccinated.

is that what the airlines do? Let you sit on the plane over to England but just not get off?

I think a cruise ship is a little different than and airline. People stay onboard the ship instead of getting of at ports all the time. But as Maggie'sMom said, the Bahamas addressed that anyway, and it's not allowed.

I think a cruise ship is a little different than and airline. People stay onboard the ship instead of getting of at ports all the time. But as Maggie'sMom said, the Bahamas addressed that anyway, and it's not allowed.

yeah, my husband said the same thing. I deleted my post - I felt it was a little snarky. 😬

That’s a shame. I would rather they protect our daughter from unvaccinated people, and we already canceled one cruise because of the current policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter