Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party 2024

So based on today, have all your browser windows ready by 8:30am PT and the website may let you right into the queue vs sit in the waiting room to get to the queue at 9:00am PT?
No - if they're skipping the waiting room (which seems to be the case), you'll need to be actively trying to join at/around 8:45am, if not right before that. (Refresh/reload)

The waiting room is the automatic part - I honestly don't know why they're not using it.

The trick, too - the site can cache sometimes, so if you hit the ticket page before 8:45am and reload/refresh after 8:45am, it may not put you in the queue right away. I posted a second link yesterday that some folks used to bypass that issue - I'll post some of that again either later today or early tomorrow.

So based on today, have all your browser windows ready by 8:30am PT and the website may let you right into the queue vs sit in the waiting room to get to the queue at 9:00am PT?
Until 8:45 PT I saw a message from yesterday that the queue was closed / sold out. Then about a minute after 8:45 I got a message that said I was in the queue to purchase tix and the screen would update when it was my turn. Then, just after 9:00 it updated again to say my wait was over 1 hour & that it would start counting down after I was under 1 hour. However about 10 minutes after that tho it started counting down minute by minute so I dropped pretty fast.

Very frustrating but persistence pays off. I joined the waiting room right away and when the timer started it was an hour. It moved pretty quickly and I was able to log in and buy tickets about 40 minutes later. I guess I should just be thankful that went smoothly. But when I selected my date I kept getting a message that it wasn’t available, even though it was showing available. Then it eventually became unavailable. I kept checking and it became available again. But again when I tried it said it was not available. I kept trying until it became unavailable on the calendar. But I kept checking and it became available again and I finally was able to move to the purchase page. Everything from there went smoothly again. It took me about 40 minutes of trying to purchase a date that showed as available until I could actually purchase. My advice would be if you want a specific date be persistent and don’t give up.
I'll note before my vent - I've only got one day that I can actually go this year, and I probably can't go on that day - so I'm mostly just bashing at it to see how things are working. (And I had time today to mess with it.)

I spent the better part of an hour just picking random days and trying to check out, and only got to the checkout page once. I spent some of that time trying to debug - changing/removing credit cards, etc - and it didn't seem like there was any rhyme or reason to it. (I won't go into detail, but I suspect they're spanning inventory across multiple servers, which would explain the disconnect with regard to availability.) They've got to do a better job of indicating inventory on this when things are close to selling out. Even when things were close to selling out - some of the days that had unquestionably sold out were showing as available. The date I can go (and was mainly looking at) was showing "limited availability" for 45 minutes before it officially sold out - and I was only asking for one ticket.

What you did worked for me last year - so I definitely recommend doing that for anyone in this situation tomorrow.

Last edited:
Until 8:45 PT I saw a message from yesterday that the queue was closed / sold out. Then about a minute after 8:45 I got a message that said I was in the queue to purchase tix and the screen would update when it was my turn. Then, just after 9:00 it updated again to say my wait was over 1 hour & that it would start counting down after I was under 1 hour. However about 10 minutes after that tho it started counting down minute by minute so I dropped pretty fast.
@PolyRob

If the queue page is active like this before 8:45am - this is the better advice.

Go here sometime before 8:45am:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/

I don't see any reason to. I didn't, and a lot of people who were signed in needed to sign out and sign back in anyways.
So if you are signed in and then it forces you to sign out and sign back in again, that doesn't impact your place in the queue right? Last year when I got tickets, I was signed in and had no issues with the fact that I was already logged into my account - once I made it through the queue, it was a relatively easy process.

So if you are signed in and then it forces you to sign out and sign back in again, that doesn't impact your place in the queue right? Last year when I got tickets, I was signed in and had no issues with the fact that I was already logged into my account - once I made it through the queue, it was a relatively easy process.
It shouldn't impact your place but I know some people signed out and signed back in and still weren't able to get tickets. There are a lot of spots in the process for either site error or user error though. I usually have multiple windows open for these sorts of things so I never log in unless it forces me to at the start. I haven't really seen reports of people being redirected to immediately buy tickets this time, it seems like it's dumping people in the wrong spot until they log in again, but of course most of the people who had success are not posting anything, so who knows!

Once you're through the queue, you should be fine - your "place" is saved by the cookie in the browser. During my mess-around today - something close to an hour - I repeatedly logged in and out and went around to other sections of the website (profile, etc) without issue.

Once you're through the queue, you should be fine - your "place" is saved by the cookie in the browser. During my mess-around today - something close to an hour - I repeatedly logged in and out and went around to other sections of the website (profile, etc) without issue.
That's what I find, as well. Yet you always see reports of people losing their place in the queue, which honestly I think comes down to user error a lot of times. I myself thought I lost my place but really it was because I hadn't logged in yet, so I wasn't getting the correct message when navigating back to the seasonal event page in the same browser (user error). Later I tried logging in before going back to the seasonal event page and then it worked. Seems like this sale needed a pretty specific order of operations if you will, and a lot of people didn't manage the order quite right, myself included at first.

Regarding people not actually able to purchase tickets they could see, that's a whole separate issue of course.

No - if they're skipping the waiting room (which seems to be the case), you'll need to be actively trying to join at/around 8:45am, if not right before that. (Refresh/reload)

The waiting room is the automatic part - I honestly don't know why they're not using it.

The trick, too - the site can cache sometimes, so if you hit the ticket page before 8:45am and reload/refresh after 8:45am, it may not put you in the queue right away. I posted a second link yesterday that some folks used to bypass that issue - I'll post some of that again either later today or early tomorrow.
Thanks! I am fine with multiple browsers and devices... I can sacrifice some browsing sessions to refresh if need be.

Thanks! And this happened automatically? The sold out from yesterday just refreshed to the new queue?

@PolyRob

If the queue page is active like this before 8:45am - this is the better advice.

Go here sometime before 8:45am:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/
Thank you for the direct link! I will save it for tomorrow. I'm on the east coast so 11:30am isn't too bad for me to be glued to the computer screen.

Thanks! I am fine with multiple browsers and devices... I can sacrifice some browsing sessions to refresh if need be.

Thanks! And this happened automatically? The sold out from yesterday just refreshed to the new queue?

Thank you for the direct link! I will save it for tomorrow. I'm on the east coast so 11:30am isn't too bad for me to be glued to the computer screen.
Yes, the screen just updated all on its own a minute or so after 9:00.

Hi all. Had a smooth time purchasing my tickets this morning. Had 2 phones and 2 laptops ready to go at 8:35 am. Link wouldn't open until 8:53. The order to the queue was as follows: first, my phone (7 min wait time came up immediately), then DH laptop (26 minutes), then my laptop (more than an hour) and lastly my DH phone (more than an hour).

My phone got on the calendar page by 9:08. All dates were available. The date we wanted (10/01) was easy to obtain and purchase.
IMHO, signing in first helped a lot with the purchasing part. My CC was already set up for use. Was done by 9:15 am.
Anyway, that was my experience. Felt like I missed a bullet. Was expecting so much more trouble.

Hi all. Had a smooth time purchasing my tickets this morning. Had 2 phones and 2 laptops ready to go at 8:35 am. Link wouldn't open until 8:53. The order to the queue was as follows: first, my phone (7 min wait time came up immediately), then DH laptop (26 minutes), then my laptop (more than an hour) and lastly my DH phone (more than an hour).

My phone got on the calendar page by 9:08. All dates were available. The date we wanted (10/01) was easy to obtain and purchase.
IMHO, signing in first helped a lot with the purchasing part. My CC was already set up for use. Was done by 9:15 am.
Anyway, that was my experience. Felt like I missed a bullet. Was expecting so much more trouble.
Thank you for this info. Did you try to join starting at 8:45 and just keep refreshing until the link opened at 8:53?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest