TUT TUT...It Looks Like RAIN! A Nikki and Tom August Adventure! BABY PIC pg. 23!!! :)

We found another random food place where Tom found this amazing sandwich! It was very delicious but we had dinner plans so we couldn't eat too much!

DSC_0443.jpg

Dinner tonight was at 'Ohana!! We had a 5:20 ADR but we were in line and one of the first people to check in at around 4:45. Good thing because the check-in line soon stretched allllllll the way across the upstairs....

DSC_0454.jpg

Do you remember about where Tom got that sandwich? It looks YUMMY!

And holy line! :faint: Glad you guys were ahead of it all!

So looking out the window, we could see the bridge to Adventureland. You can't really see her too well in this picture but there was a CM who was just having the best time! She was dancing and dancing and every guest who walked over the bridge was asked to dance with her. It was so great to watch! It went on for a good 15 minutes and it makes me wonder if she's being paid to do that or if she's really supposed to be sweeping the garbage...because that was the costume she was wearing. Garbage sweep costume. I guess all CMs are encouraged to interact with the guests.

DSC_0482.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Pretty crazy right?? These pics are not doctored at all and in fact, that last one was taken with my cell phone!

By the time we got to the bus stop, the wind started picking up like crazy!!

IMG_1978.jpg

That is AWESOME about that CM! I just love it!!

I love that wind pic...:lmao: Bri's face is priceless.

The storm, while annoying, is really really cool looking.

I think I need a breakfast at CP for March. ::yes::

The pic of that sky is pretty amazing. I remember when we went in August '10and we had pretty much the same weather experience that you had, except we were camping at Ft. Wilderness :crazy2: at the request of DMIL as that's where DH's family used to stay when they were growing up (really the only option w/ 12 kids!). Needless to stay camping/Disney/August are three things that will never combine in my life again!

You must be getting so excited for your trip this weekend! Have an awesome time!!

I am so jealous you are going back THIS Saturday!!!!!! So jealous!!! But looking forward to another trip report so I can vacatoin through you! :flower3:

Congrats on the house! And, in my opinion, you should be able to get back again soon so go for the Passes -- Make it a point to go back -- it's when you have kids that your money somehow disappears! :confused3

I promised my husband no more Disney for a few years (as I am trying to plan a quick Disney Cruise and a few nights in Disney in January -- if the money is right!) :beach:

Loving the updates!! I second the question - where did Tom get that sandwich?? YUM! I LOVE the jungle trek!!! The first time we went, I had just bought a frozen chai and I didn't want to dump it but the CM said I could bring it in. So it's a tradition for us now to get our coffee/tea/smoothies and walk around the jungle trek :)

That is one CRAZY looking storm! Whoa! And I'm totally curious to see how the evening went at HS.

I hope you hear good things regarding the house. Good luck with any house buying purchase - it's a huge thing to do and very time consuming!!

Well I already said that rain sucks, but those storm made for some pretty darn awesome photos!!! Wow!

Yes definitely once in a lifetime pics!

Wow, those are some serious clouds!! At least you didn't let them ruin your day :goodvibes

What choice did we have? Haha!

Great photos Nikki - especially of those storm clouds rolling in!

I have a photo of that dancing CM too! I think we first saw her during our Keys to the Kingdom tour in 2009... I'm not sure.. but it could be a CM called Barbara, she is an amazing dancer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUsGMzs3f4M

Emma princess: x

That's so funny! I love when they get so into it!

Do you remember about where Tom got that sandwich? It looks YUMMY!

And holy line! :faint: Glad you guys were ahead of it all!

That is AWESOME about that CM! I just love it!!

I love that wind pic...:lmao: Bri's face is priceless.

The storm, while annoying, is really really cool looking.

I think I need a breakfast at CP for March. ::yes::

You absolutely need a CP breakfast. So good!

Wow, it got super windy fast!

Yeah it was crazy!

The pic of that sky is pretty amazing. I remember when we went in August '10and we had pretty much the same weather experience that you had, except we were camping at Ft. Wilderness :crazy2: at the request of DMIL as that's where DH's family used to stay when they were growing up (really the only option w/ 12 kids!). Needless to stay camping/Disney/August are three things that will never combine in my life again!

You must be getting so excited for your trip this weekend! Have an awesome time!!

Oh no no no to camping in Disney in August!! Haha!

I am so jealous you are going back THIS Saturday!!!!!! So jealous!!! But looking forward to another trip report so I can vacatoin through you! :flower3:

Congrats on the house! And, in my opinion, you should be able to get back again soon so go for the Passes -- Make it a point to go back -- it's when you have kids that your money somehow disappears! :confused3

I promised my husband no more Disney for a few years (as I am trying to plan a quick Disney Cruise and a few nights in Disney in January -- if the money is right!) :beach:

Thanks! We'll see what happens....you never really can tell!

Loving the updates!! I second the question - where did Tom get that sandwich?? YUM! I LOVE the jungle trek!!! The first time we went, I had just bought a frozen chai and I didn't want to dump it but the CM said I could bring it in. So it's a tradition for us now to get our coffee/tea/smoothies and walk around the jungle trek :)

That is one CRAZY looking storm! Whoa! And I'm totally curious to see how the evening went at HS.

I hope you hear good things regarding the house. Good luck with any house buying purchase - it's a huge thing to do and very time consuming!!

Ugh, I just don't remember where the sandwich came from!! It was a little CS place that pretty much sold only that....let me see if I can find it on allears.....

Found it! It was at Tamu Tamu Refreshments.

Slow Roasted Pulled Beef Sandwich - spicy beef with a mint yogurt cucumber sauce on a pita, served with fresh chips or apple slices $8.99

This is the entire rest of the menu...

Turkey and Swiss on Focaccia - served with chipotle mayonnaise and apple slices or chips $8.99

Tandori Chicken Salad - served with apple slices or chips $8.19

Fresh Fruit Salad - $8.99

Chocolate Milkshake $4.29

Cheesecake $3.79

Sodas - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Barq's Root Beer, Minute Maid Light Lemonade $2.59

Dasani Bottled Water $2.50

Just looked it up on that sandwich on the map and it's literally the first building on the right after you cross the bridge into Africa. Tamu Tamu

NikkiLovesWDW! said:
Just looked it up on that sandwich on the map and it's literally the first building on the right after you cross the bridge into Africa. Tamu Tamu

Thank you! It really looks good!!

Well I didn't get to finish this TR before my next trip like I wanted to but I just wanted to pop in and say hello!

It's 5am and my dad should be here in about 30 mins to take us to the airport. There is a beautiful dusting of snow on the ground and the ONLY reason I say it's beautiful is because in just a few house, I will be in the warm Florida sun!

And bonus!! I scored an ADR for Be Our Guest for TONIGHT! I had been checking every day, multiple times a day since I booked this trip and nothing. Yesterday and lunch, I checked like usual and there is was! Yay!!

Have an amazing trip Nikki!

Great news about Be Our Guest too.. looking forward to your review :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

And bonus!! I scored an ADR for Be Our Guest for TONIGHT! I had been checking every day, multiple times a day since I booked this trip and nothing. Yesterday and lunch, I checked like usual and there is was! Yay!!

Congratulations - have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear about it (especially BOG).

Just ride Little Mermaid! So amazing! We are waiting to check in for Be Our Guest right now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Isn't Little Mermaid adorable? Have fun at BOG. It was our best meal of the trip!! -Amanda
[

Day 7 cont.

We got to DHS around 6 and it was a little drizzly. Not too bad though!

The first thing we did was ride TOT. There was only a 10 minute wait. Score!

DSC_0579.jpg

We got a FP for Rockin Roller Coaster and then got some dinner at Fairfax Fare.

DSC_0580.jpg

After dinner, we rode Star Tours...

IMG_1989.jpg

DSC_0582.jpg

...and then wandered around the Streets of America.

DSC_0583.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

Bri was really getting into our style of picture taking! We were loving it!

DSC_0585.jpg

We headed back to the hub and Mulch Sweat and Sheers was setting up for their last set. It is different from when they play in the Streets of America. They were just rocking out and everyone was dancing. It was so cool. We just hung around the area taking pics, sitting down and really just soaking it all in. I remember in that moment, Brianne just looking around in awe and saying "I love Disney World." She "got" it!

IMG_1990.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

After a while, it was time for our RnRC FP so we headed that way....

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

It was only around 8:30/9 at this point but we had to go back to pack and be up early the next morning to do airline check-in and all that stuff so we headed back.

Day 8 - The Last Day :(

The night before, I called Bell Services to schedule a pick up at 8am. (At CBR, you have to call Bell Services to get your luggage to the Custom House. It's super far away.) So we were up at 7am and they were right on time!

IMG_1996.jpg

After we dropped our bags, we hopped the bus to Epcot for one last day of fun!

We arrived around 8:45 and go to see opening. It was pretty cool. Around 8:55, they shot off streamers and everyone clapped. Stuff like that always makes me tear up!

This was my view from the line before they let everyone in.

DSC_0596.jpg

We first stopped in the Art of Animation store.

DSC_0597.jpg

Then we headed to Soarin to get FPs.

DSC_0598.jpg

The return time was 10:45. (I took really good notes on this trip! Haha!)

We stopped for some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.

DSC_0599.jpg

When we exited The Land, we stopped to look at this tree.

DSC_0602.jpg

There is a roof over the entrance but a hole in the roof for this tree to grow.

DSC_0601.jpg

Our next stop was Innoventions where we played the Great Piggy Bank Game...or something like that! I don't really remember what it was called.

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0605.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

After Innoventions, we headed to Journey Into Your Imagination.

DSC_0608.jpg

DSC_0609.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

After our ride, we headed back to Soarin for our FP return time.

DSC_0612.jpg

Now by this time, it was just about 11:00.....and you know what that means!!!

Up next - our last few hours in WDW, told mostly in pictures! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter