Travelling from Siesta Key to Disney World

Elizamarie763

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping this is the right place to post this! My husband and I are travelling to Siesta Key for vacation this October. I've been dying to get to Disney but a whole week trip is just too expensive so I'm trying to figure out if a day trip to Disney is feasible with the 2ish hour drive.

I'm fine with waking up insanely early and being out very late to get our time and money's worth. My main concern is that we don't plan to rent a car, so I'm trying to figure out if there's any other way to get there and back in a reasonable amount of time. I know it's a long shot, but any advice would be great!!

It's probably not what you want to hear, but I think a car rental is going to be your only option. Intra-state travel here in Florida is pretty dismal. (That's true of most states, though.) Neither Amtrak nor any of the few bus companies I know serve the Siesta Key/Sarasota area.

The other bit of bad news is that if you wanted to rent a car, you'll probably need to do a two-day rental. A quick online search shows a nearby rental companies, but none seem to be 24/7 operations. That means you'll have to pick up the car the day prior to your Disney trip and return it the day after.

siestakey-carrentals.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2A60srE

Hopefully, someone else will know something I don't about the side of Florida. (I'm on the east coast.)

It's probably not what you want to hear, but I think a car rental is going to be your only option. Intra-state travel here in Florida is pretty dismal. (That's true of most states, though.) Neither Amtrak nor any of the few bus companies I know serve the Siesta Key/Sarasota area.

The other bit of bad news is that if you wanted to rent a car, you'll probably need to do a two-day rental. A quick online search shows a nearby rental companies, but none seem to be 24/7 operations. That means you'll have to pick up the car the day prior to your Disney trip and return it the day after.

siestakey-carrentals.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2A60srE

Hopefully, someone else will know something I don't about the side of Florida. (I'm on the east coast.)

That's pretty much what I was expecting; thanks for the response! I'm just hoping someone knows something that I don't (and can't figure out with Google)!

The drive is usually easy if you leave early. Avoid rush hours or go early on a weekend day. We usually stay in Siesta and have used the local rental car companies (which are all fine). If you want to rent something after hours you can also go to Sarasota airport. Depending on when you are going it's also possible to spend one night near Disney at an inexpensive hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter