Trash and Towels BWV

Was it changed around Covid when they suspended your ability to pay for extra housekeeping?

I don't really know, I just remember reading here - I think it was sometime AFTER the Covid lockdown by long enough for it to not seem Covid related.

I honestly think it had more to do with Mousekeeping just handing people towels off carts, people just taking towels off carts, and people who didn't want to pay grabbing pool towels - so that the few people who ended up paying weren't really adding to the revenue stream or covering costs and it was one more thing to track. Few people here reported having to pay for towels, even when requested from the front desk and they believed that they would be charged.

When I was at BWV in October 2023, there was a trash room on my floor, next to room 3087.

And, who washes towels at home after every use? Someone do a survey on that.....

I think we have, and its more common to not wash towels after every use, but a significant percentage of people wash towels every time.

It was the rule and may still be the official rule. I remember a long time ago you could purchase an extra towel set for around $25. Others may know when the rule was relaxed.
It was $6 for an extra set of towels, not $25, and changed to no charge a number of years ago now.

I don't really know, I just remember reading here - I think it was sometime AFTER the Covid lockdown by long enough for it to not seem Covid related.

I honestly think it had more to do with Mousekeeping just handing people towels off carts, people just taking towels off carts, and people who didn't want to pay grabbing pool towels - so that the few people who ended up paying weren't really adding to the revenue stream or covering costs and it was one more thing to track. Few people here reported having to pay for towels, even when requested from the front desk and they believed that they would be charged.
I *may* have been one of those people taking towels from the unattended housekeeping cart...

In the 'old' days, a set of towels for a studio was $6. And having requested them quite a few times when my 3 kids would share my studio, I can tell you I was never charged, But, I ALWAYS tipped for the delivery.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago: stayed at BCV in a studio by myself and there were 9 bath towels in my room. On my trash and towel day I got replacements up to a normal 5 or 6. I've always had enough to last at least to trash and towel day. New guests always seem to worry about amenities. These are Disney's luxury resorts (although not luxury in the real world) and they do try to make sure we get taken care of.

And, who washes towels at home after every use? Someone do a survey on that.....
I have always done it. I suppose because after working with patients I never ever feel clean enough. lol but seriously I can’t use something I dried my lady parts and bum with then use it on my face. I just cannot. I just find it disgusting and gross. But you do you.

We stayed at AKL in Feb and were able to get fresh towels, more toilet paper, etc from housekeeping for no charge by asking when they came to empty trash. Also, if you let them know you want to build a fort in your room, they’ll bring a ton of sheets and pillows!!
Oh fun!

I have always done it. I suppose because after working with patients I never ever feel clean enough. lol but seriously I can’t use something I dried my lady parts and bum with then use it on my face. I just cannot. I just find it disgusting and gross. But you do you.
I always use two towels. One for my hair/face and one for the remaining parts. I reuse both.

But, we all have different walks in life. I might feel the same as you if I did similar work.

editing to add: I'm often at Disney in a room by myself, so it's easy to keep track of which towel I used for what. At home, I've color coded them, lol.

We’ve stayed in 7 DVC resorts since 2020. Commonly the trash gets emptied midday. We just stayed at Jambo AKL and it was around 9am every day. 6 towels were in our studio which worked perfectly for 3 nights just 2 of us.

Usually we need to make a call to housekeeping for more towels - it is super easy! They’ve always come quickly within 5-15 minutes. It’s habit now to look at what additional supplies we’ll need and make one call to cover it all.

Use the Housekeeping button on the phone. Be ready to answer specifically. They will ask how many towels you’d like, and if you also need hand towels or wash cloths. Or they’ll ask what you need with coffee, like sugar or cups, etc. In short time they’ll arrive with a smile and a bag of what you requested.

I always use two towels. One for my hair/face and one for the remaining parts. I reuse both.

But, we all have different walks in life. I might feel the same as you if I did similar work.

editing to add: I'm often at Disney in a room by myself, so it's easy to keep track of which towel I used for what. At home, I've color coded them, lol.
I do that too. I use the hair one a few days then it becomes a body one but the body ones go right into the hamper.

The rule was changed several years ago. You can ask for new towels as often as you need them without charge.

Same thing for coffee, tea, etc.
We also request "real" coffee cups and wine glasses when we stay in a Studio and we make sure to have a tip handy for whoever brings them to the room. I just stopped the front desk to make the request on our way back to our room.

I get it! That's why you use a face towel for your face! Not the same towel you use on your body. And a different one for your hair.

Probably doesn’t matter but the thought of the dead skin sloughed off onto clean towel means dirty to me. I don’t want to get out of the shower and then rub a towel with dried up skin cells back onto my clean body. Neurotic? Maybe 😁

It probably stems from having very sensitive skin, especially when I was younger. Now I’m just set in my ways. We use thin white towels washed when there’s enough for full load with a tad of soap, no fabric softener and very rarely bleach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter