Toystoryduo’s Journal: Baby Steps are the Key... Celebrate Each Victory!

Good Morning,

Today is a new day and you are going to do great..sometimes we all have those times when we just want to eat!!! I know that feeling well.....it is hard to not want to eat!!!

Good luck today with Ebay!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day! Keep up the great work :)

Hi, Tracy! I hope you have a great day. Congrats on getting all the way until 10 pm with good food choices. I definitely understand where you are coming from, though. I had the "munchies" last night and at 9:10 pm removed myself with a book to the bedroom to avoid hitting the cupboards for salty snacks.

Good luck with getting motivated to ebay! If you figure out how to find that motivation, can you let me know please? :teeth:

Sending :goodvibes: and :hug: your way, sweetie! WISHing you a WHOOSH on the scale soon, too! :wizard:

Hi Tracy,

Well if you already worked out, then you got right back on track which is a huge step in the right direction. Don't worry about those hot fries, they are gone and you are back on track! Keep up the good work, its all going to pay off, I just know it! And thanks for supporting me with my journal, its great to know I have so many friends here on WISH. Have a great day!!!

Good morning,

Yesterday was a good day, but a tough day for me. :( I really was struggling mentally with my weight gain and how I look right now. For the past few months, I have been stuck at 204 and I complained about that. Now, I am at 214 and I am feeling discouraged. I've been working out pretty consistently. It's the food that gets me everytime. :sad2: How many times have I been stressed out to the max and used food as my comfort? Also, why am I gaining weight? I have been making much better choices (eating in moderation) and not eating as much. Why am I retaining so much water? I have been drinking in the neighborhood of 100 ounces of water a day. :confused3 The number on the scale does not bother me nearly as much as the way I feel and the way my clothes fit do. :(

So, what to do from here? Well, I am going to continue withe 5 Factor Fitness. I can't say that it's not working for me because I don't have the eating part down at all. The exercise part is easy for me. I workout for 25 minutes (or more) and I am done for the day. With eating, I have to think about and practice good choices all day long. Not as easy.

I'm going to do some serious thinking over the weekend about this weight loss journey. I've been with WISH for over two years. I started at 226. I'm down to 214. I should be well into Onederland by now.

Sorry for the vent.... I hope everyone has a great weekend! :sunny:

Hey, Tracy! Don't get yourself down about the scale number, sweetie. I know what you mean about the uncomfortable clothes, though, so I wanted to share what I have been thinking. I don't know about you, but it occurred to me that I have not been eating enough fiber and maybe I should. I am going to try with eating shredded wheat for breakfast and still drinking lots of water. I am hoping that that will help. I think adding an apple a day to my food plan helps with that too. I wish I had your disicpline about exercising. You are really doing something so good and important for yourself there, so congratulations for overcoming that huge challenge.

Sending :goodvibes: and :hug: for a wonderful day!

Good Morning Tracy,

Don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe you just need to do what Cam is doing...add a little something to your diet....maybe something is missing....
You are doing great with the exercise....

No worries about venting..that is what we are here for. Vent away Hon!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend. Keep your head up....it will get better and you will succeed :)

Thanks Cam and Jamie! :goodvibes

Today started off quite well. We went to a children's consignment sale and bought the girls some great clothes for $10. We got 2 brand new shirts (Gap), 2 pairs of like new jeans (Gap, Jordache), a princess shirt, and a long sleeved shirt. Them we went to Gabriel Brothers and found WDW t-shirts for $2.00/each! It's been a good day shopping-wise! :goodvibes

Foodwise:

B: 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, 1 serving of corn beef hash, 3.5 servings of home fries, and 2 slices of wheat toast

S: Orange

L: Nothing yet

It seems I have pulled a muscle in my back. It's hurting a bit today, but my DH puts some BioFreeze on it and it's tolerable for now. Tomorrow, I plan on a hot bath and some mild stretching to see if that will relieve the pain.

I'm still thinking about my weight loss journey.... Maybe DH and I can talk about it after the kids go to bed this evening. He wants to lose about 25 pounds before we go to WDW, so maybe we can come up with something together.

Have a great weekend! :sunny:

Hi Tracy, my those are some great deals on kids' clothes! You hang in there. You could be gaining some weight because of all the exercise. Muscle weighs more than fat. I agree with Cam, try adding some fiber. Frosted Mini Wheats are pretty good, and they have some sweetness. I also got some Kashi at Sams recently and its delicious. Unfortunately I am out right now and need to get some more soon! Since milk is also supposed to help with weight loss I figure milk and high fiber cereal is a good bet. And 12 pounds down is just that, 12 pounds off your body! You could have gained 20 or more pounds in two years instead you have lost some. I know its hard, God knows I get discouraged too, we all do. But don't give up and keep up your hard work because it is really paying off. If you are consistently doing your five factor fitness than I think that is incredible. I am betting your food will come into control soon, portion controlling is huge and you are doing that already. So I think you are nailing many of the components it takes to lose weight and will nail down a few more very soon. Have a great weekend!

Hang in there, Tracy! I'm right there with you!! Frustrating, but we must keep on.

For fiber the Kashi go Lean crunch mixed w/ yogurt is good. Also from WalMart the Carb Down Flat out bread. On ww there's a kind that has 1 pt and I think 11 fiber. Also the delightful bread has 5 in 2 slices, the carb chopper tortillas have 8/tortilla. I'm a carboholic so I try to do my fiber in my breads.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Prayers & :wizard:

Thanks everyone! :goodvibes

Food was actually pretty good yesterday.... I ate in moderation. :thumbsup2 Not 100% healthy foods, but moderation was the key!

Today looks to be a relaxing day. We need it because next weekend is going to be crazy busy! I think we'll go to the Disney Store for Disney Dollars today and then do nothing but relax the rest of the day. :goodvibes I may eBay a few things, but we will see....

Today is my day off from 5 Factor, but I am going to get my family up for a walk this morning. It's a beautiful day so far and we need to take advantage of it! :sunny:

Have a great Sunday! :sunny:

Moderation is the key, and if you can do that on weekends you are really doing well :thumbsup2 ! Good for you taking a family walk. Sounds like you are having a great weekend, keep up the great work!

Amy

Good morning,

My food choices yesterday were nothing to write home about so I won't write about them! :teeth: Today is a new day with a clean slate....

Today's Plan:

* Workout (5 Factor... Squats and Chest)

* Spring Cleaning: Living Room (15 minutes a day/ Mon-Sat)

* eBay?

* Research Homeschool Option for Next Year

* Laundry

That's it for Monday... Hope everyone has a great day! :sunny:

Hi Tracy!!!

You did get some great deals on clothes! I think this may have been the weekend for great deals everywhere! DMIL went shopping and called and told us all the great deals that Kohls was having. She bought shirts and stuff for like $3.50...just crazy!!!

Sounds like you have a pretty good day ahead! Keep up the good work..you can do this. And if your husband wants to lose weight too, you both can be motivation for each other!!!!

Have a great day!

Good evening,

Today has been a good day. I sat down and re-read the 5 Factor Fitness book again and was reminded of all the reasons why I should watch what "fuel" I put in my body. I've also realized that these changes in my diet are not going to happen overnight, but that they are going to happen over time, day by day and step by step.

The first thing I have decided to do is aim for the 5 meals a day. That's it. No more, no less. Then, I am going to try and add 1 fruit and 1 raw vegetable into my diet daily. Then, I will working on healthy eating choices. Again, step by step, day by day...

Tonight we went to see The Wild. We were with one other family in the movie theatre. It was a cute movie. I know a lot of people have said that it was a knockoff of Madagascar, but we haven't seen Madagascar so we couldn't make the comparison.

Eating today was okay:

B: 2 bowls of Cheerios (no milk)
S: 2 small oranges
L: 1.5 cups of cheddar fried, 1 hardboiled egg, 1 Stouffer's meatloaf and mashed potatoes
S; 4 spoonfuls of cookie dough (Blah! I felt horrible afterwards!)
D: 1 plain baked potato with chili; 1 small caesar salad, 2 bites of a bacon cheeseburger, 1 handful of fries
S; 1 small tub of popcorn

I did manage most of what was on my to do list except eBay and homeschool research.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! :sunny:

Good morning,

I've spent most of the morning getting DD5's enrollment application in for homeschooling this year. I have also been printing out her placement tests and will give those to her later on today.

As for the rest of my day:

* 5 Factor (Deadlifts, 1 Arm Rows)

* Garage Sale (yep, on a Tuesday!)

* Placement Tests for DD5

* eBay Research

* 15 minute Spring Cleaning in Living Room

That's it for today... For now at least. ;) I am working on healthy food choices and hope weigh-in isn't too brutal tomorrow...

Have a great Tuesday!

Hi Tracy!

Your plan sounds great! You are right, this is going to take a while....but it will happen!!! You can do this......I know you can!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Keep up the good work!

Morning! Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while!

Congrats on re-reading your 5factor literature again. It helps to reinforce things every once in a while.

You're really doing great! I always admire how much you accomplish each day!

Keep it up - you can DO this! :cheer2:

Hi Tracy,

I just read through your journal and I'm here to tell you that you are doing a really great job! Life throws curve balls....but you are making healthy choices for yourself, exercising and you are SOOO busy on top of it! :goodvibes I'm really impressed with your hard work and dedication....so I want you to know that I'm cheering for you!!! :cheer2:

Take care and have a great week!!!

Hi, I am new and just started reading journals (and trying to keep one of my own - eek!). I really like your attitude of baby steps! :banana: The 5 factor plan sounds really interesting.

(I have an Em too, but she will be 12 tomorrow. Where did the years go?)

Tracy, you are doing great. Your idea of baby steps is so smart and right on the money. I have been trying to do the same thing and feel for the first time in many years like I might actually succeed this time. When we throw too much at ourselves we only get overwhelmed and frustrated. Better to get one thing down pat before we embark on another thing! Your food yesterday was awesome, aren't you proud of you that cookie dough doesn't even taste good anymore? Thats an accomplishment right there! Keep up the good work!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter