Toy Story Land DVC preview?

I'm wondering if the announced closure mid June is possibly going to be for some preview times...just a thought.

It may not happen. Toy Story Land is not an e-ticket land. It may be cute but it's not Pandora and it's not Star Wars Land. At least this one has the Slincky coaster that looks interesting, all other TSL all over the world have just basic carnival rides. It's a way to bridge the gap and increase parks capacity for when madness will descend on DHS when SWL will open. They may want not to hype it too much.

I'm wondering if the announced closure mid June is possibly going to be for some preview times...just a thought.

Might be after that (June 19). My guess is there might be some “soft openings” but not a formal preview.

I've heard the Imagineers are working seven days a week and long days to try to get it open on time. I wouldn't expect much of a soft opening.

I've heard the Imagineers are working seven days a week and long days to try to get it open on time. I wouldn't expect much of a soft opening.
They have to test everything before they open it to the public. Though I doubt at this point it will be scheduled previews

It may not happen. Toy Story Land is not an e-ticket land. It may be cute but it's not Pandora and it's not Star Wars Land. At least this one has the Slincky coaster that looks interesting, all other TSL all over the world have just basic carnival rides. It's a way to bridge the gap and increase parks capacity for when madness will descend on DHS when SWL will open. They may want not to hype it too much.

Disney has held preview events for a wide variety of attractions in the past including the American Idol experience and the former Kim Possible scavenger hunt at Epcot. It's a "warm fuzzy" for pass holders and DVC owners which provides designers and Cast Members with their necessary testing & training opportunities.

if it doesn't happen this time, it's likely more about stringent opening timelines than unwillingness to hype the new land.

I think Toy Story Land is just what it seems, a place for families with young children, the kids will love the small roller coaster and spinning aliens, the adults will enjoy Toy Story Midway Mania. DHS needs some kiddie rides. A lot of families will be coming to DHS to see Star Wars land and by having Toy Story Land the there is more for them to do.

As to the opening every CM at DHS is talking that it will be tight to open by the 30th and CMs all seem to know that they might not get a preview before it opens which rarely happens, as it is usually combined with a staff party.

They will probably roll it out as a special event and charge for it

Disney has held preview events for a wide variety of attractions in the past including the American Idol experience and the former Kim Possible scavenger hunt at Epcot. It's a "warm fuzzy" for pass holders and DVC owners which provides designers and Cast Members with their necessary testing & training opportunities.

if it doesn't happen this time, it's likely more about stringent opening timelines than unwillingness to hype the new land.
They even had Passholder preview when the Haunted Mansion was updated. We went!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter