Touring Plans

Definitely worth it to me. And the price is almost nothing. Like a PP said, it's the price of one counter service meal in the park, and it is tremendously helpful to me.

for those who subscribe to TP how close to your vacation do you make personalized touring plans. i assume making them too far out will possibly make them obsolete by the time you go to WDW since crowd levels can change

They used to have a "recalculate" button that would update the wait times without changing your itinerary. I used it a lot to make sure I was still in the ballpark without altering my carefully crafted plan. I would make my first versions of my plans months ahead before securing fastpasses to help me figure out what to get, then I'd add them in, rearrange a little, and recalculate.

I start eleven months in advance to see how it looks and if I even want to go. I go out again when crowd levels change and a month before or so. I am add or subtract things based on what I am seeing. There are two options (Optimize which will move things around) and the other option that just updates time predictions (leaves everything in order - button below optimize). You can with the app even update your plan in terms of where you are in it and with projects the day you are in the park.

You can also optimize live time in the park as you check off activities and actual wait times are being reported.

I've been reading several people say on these boards that Touring Plans is more accurate in terms of wait times for lines...more accurate than the signs posted in front of the rides? Or more accurate than in the MDE app? Not sure I need to spend $18 for a 4 day trip....I will be there this weekend during a very busy time..should I subscribe?

Need to? No

Most people can get by just assuming the posted wait time is wrong and more times than not, inflated.

BUT, if you want to use the Lines app, yes. You would need to. If something is posted 20, and the different between it being 10 minutes or 35 minutes would change your planning, it can be a useful tool for the cost of burger and dessert.

There used to be promo codes online for a discounted membership. You could try searching although I didn’t find any with the quick google I just did.

I don’t think you need it but I enjoyed using my membership to create touring plans and then using the Lines app while in the parks. For what I paid for our trip, it was a drop in the bucket to add on the membership.

been making personalized touring plans with TP. on april 13 at AK they have me going to FOP at 10:43am and claim the wait will be 27 minutes. i find that hard to believe. do you think its accurate

You used to be able to get the crowd predictions for free but now you have to pay, although some folks don't put much stock in crowd calendars anyway. I love TP and as the PP said, 17 dollars is a drop in the bucket compared to what you're spending on the trip and if it helps even as little bit its see orth it imo. I go to wdw every year and I still always make and use touring plans

Is the info on Touring plans: the park plans, lines app, etc worth it? I mean I seem to find all those things on other sites for free. Are they different enough to make it worth it in your opinion?
I love the touring plans website for plotting out our day. It gives you estimated wait times and how long it might take you to walk from point A to point B. It helps to play around with your plans - you can soo how visiting a certain attraction mid day will have a much longer wait than say first thing in the morning or later in the evening.

I found the TP app to be more accurate for wait times vs the MDE app. They utilize other members who are in the parks to report what their actual wait time is.

Same here. I don't use anything else on there that needs a subscription (including the crowd calendars) but Lines alone is worth it. I use the room finder with a heavy grain of salt since it's not updated very frequently, but it's been accurate enough more often than not and I'm 3 for 3 so far on requests.

Let me know which resort room descriptions you think are off - we can definitely look into those: len@touringplans.com. Thanks!

OMG!!!!!! Just sharing because I know you guys will get it. So in all our trips to Disney we have never eaten at Be Our Guest. It has always been booked. And thanks to you guys and this thread I discovered Touring Plans reservation finder and signed up a couple places we wanted. Guess what??? We scored BOG reservations today!!! I am over the moon! Kids are so excited. Hubby doesn't get it. He just nods and says ok lol

We were there two weeks ago. FOP was a 30 minute wait. It was basically walk on. We had to wait a few extra minutes to make sure there was enough people.

OMG!!!!!! Just sharing because I know you guys will get it. So in all our trips to Disney we have never eaten at Be Our Guest. It has always been booked. And thanks to you guys and this thread I discovered Touring Plans reservation finder and signed up a couple places we wanted. Guess what??? We scored BOG reservations today!!! I am over the moon! Kids are so excited. Hubby doesn't get it. He just nods and says ok lol

Yay!!! So happy for you!!! I remember I booked BOG for our ideal time 12 hours before our MK day and I high fived DH like I had scored a touchdown at the super bowl 😂

I wanted to mention that Len Testa of Touring Plans did a Dis Unplugged podcast a few years ago where he discussed everything that goes into their models to predict crowds and lines. I’m sure they’ve had to create entirely new models now due to COVID and I don’t know if the new models are as accurate as the old ones. I’m imagining there might be fewer factors to include- like no parades, fireworks, knowing that capacity is limited, etc. but now there’s also new factors to include like COVID rates, etc. But the original podcast was fascinating and I really enjoyed the insights into what the touring plans models take into consideration. If you search for Dis Unplugged Len Testa, the old podcast is still available. It’s from 3/6/18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter