Riverside using scooter

pmdeve

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Riverside in December. I use a mobility scooter. I've stayed at other resorts where there was more than one bus stop and I was not able to get on a bus because it was too crowded. How is the bus transportation from Riverside. We are looking at a preferred room

We will be staying at Riverside in December. I use a mobility scooter. We are looking at a preferred room

I can only comment on your room selection. All of the preferred rooms are in the Alligator Bayou section and none of those buildings have elevators so be sure to contact disney and let them know you need a ground floor room. We switched to a Woods view room WITHOUT the 5th sleeper because that's more likely to give us a room in one of the mansion buildings which do have elevators. I'll still be contacting them to mention hubby's scooter so they know we need access. The option we will probably choose is to head down river to POFQ and use that bus stop. It's where we prefer to stay and never have trouble getting on a bus. (Never rope drop though so no idea what the line is like at that time of day)

Try to switch to FQ. FQ generally has their own bus.

The first stops may have scooters from scooters returning from the parks. Last stops may have scooters going to the park.

Early in the day scooter over to the first stop.

Think of options. Too many scooters waiting for MK. Bus to EPCOT then monorail
Too many scooters to EPCOT. Bus to DHS. Boat, scooter or skyliner to EPCOT.

Load the Mears app. Mears accessible, wheelchair, taxis are the same price.as a regular taxi. Reasonable.

Edit to add BOOK a HANDICAP accessible room. It's the only way to guarantee 1st floor or elevator

We will be staying at Riverside in December. I use a mobility scooter. I've stayed at other resorts where there was more than one bus stop and I was not able to get on a bus because it was too crowded. How is the bus transportation from Riverside. We are looking at a preferred room
In my experience it wasn't very common, though did occasionally happen - that I was unable to board a bus (solo w/ECV) and I opted to go to the stop closest to the main section (south depot) - also remember that the "new" busses, (when working properly) can hold 3 ECVs. I think it is a function of timing - your timing vs other people's timing.. at that specific time. If no one is else with an ECV is heading to the same place at the same time you are... yay! If they are - bring a nice refreshing to sip whilst under the protective bus stop.

Just something to keep in mind, the bus route for Springs is different than the Parks. This affects the amount of people that are getting on and off ahead of your stop. One other thing to consider is that Riverside and French Quarter share a bus on The Springs route while the theme parks are separate buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest