TOTWL question...bringing guests

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
DH and I are DVC members and are staying at SSR (but we OWN at BLT). We are planning to go up to TOTWL this weekend and are bringing some friends of ours. They are not members and are not staying in our villa with us. I've read conflicting info. This isn't a prime time such as a holiday etc. Will this be allowed?

Last edited:
Check the member site but I believe the rule is that guests listed on your villa reservation are permitted to join you. That being said I know some have posted that they were able to bring guests with them that weren’t on their reservation.

We have gone several times with friends not staying with us. Nobody has ever even mentioned this to us at check in. My DH shows our Dvc card and drivers license, and they just take us up.

if it's just 2 people -- they likely won't care. But as you said -- you could also just add them to your room reservation and be done with it.

I noticed you said you'd just add them for one night -- I don't think you can do that unless you have a split stay. I believe the people will have to be there for every night of the reservation. Of course -- there's not much of a downside to adding them with DVC since there are no additional fees associated with extra adults like on the hotel side.

if it's just 2 people -- they likely won't care. But as you said -- you could also just add them to your room reservation and be done with it.

I noticed you said you'd just add them for one night -- I don't think you can do that unless you have a split stay. I believe the people will have to be there for every night of the reservation. Of course -- there's not much of a downside to adding them with DVC since there are no additional fees associated with extra adults like on the hotel side.
I know at the Grand Californian you can add people on a per night basis, but you do have to do it at the front desk on each day you want to add or remove people. We are locals and we do this from time to time, where one night we have one group of friends and another night we have a different group with us. They will even get room keys accordingly there, not sure how that part works at Disney World. Now if you have the capacity to do so in your room, it is far easier to add them on for the length of the stay.

I know at the Grand Californian you can add people on a per night basis, but you do have to do it at the front desk on each day you want to add or remove people. We are locals and we do this from time to time, where one night we have one group of friends and another night we have a different group with us. They will even get room keys accordingly there, not sure how that part works at Disney World. Now if you have the capacity to do so in your room, it is far easier to add them on for the length of the stay.

Different systems. MDE at WDW complicates things in ways that DL doesn't have to worry about.

You can add "day guests" at WDW hotels and they'll give them an access key. Don't know how it affects parking.

If I book a studio using my points for friends, can I take them up if I am also staying but in a different villa?

If I book a studio using my points for friends, can I take them up if I am also staying but in a different villa?
Technically, they are not staying on your reservation but on their reservation made with your points. Technically, they need to be staying in your villa with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter