Totally Disgusted!

I am not a dvc owner, but after staying at a dvc studio for 2 nights post cruise last year, I will not buy dvc or even stay at one again. The difference in quality between the dvc room and the regular rooms was apparent.
(I assume he is in a dvc room since you mentioned a kitchen)
Yeah, I've never been overly impressed with any of our DVC rooms either. Other than CC, but it was like a month old when we stayed in it. So that hardly counted.
Unfortunately, we were close to buying but have since completely abandoned the idea.
And from what little I read about DVC, these issues are more common than not. Truly sad but I guess these rooms take a lot more time to clean and they rush through them too often. And it shows. Plus their age. Don't get me going on how bad SSR was, I often say they've been putting lipstick on a pig over there. If I owned there I'd be pretty angry about the conditions I found, just cosmetic. It shouldn't look so shabby. And we aren't talking shabby chic either LOL

Yeah, I've never been overly impressed with any of our DVC rooms either. Other than CC, but it was like a month old when we stayed in it. So that hardly counted.
Unfortunately, we were close to buying but have since completely abandoned the idea.
And from what little I read about DVC, these issues are more common than not. Truly sad but I guess these rooms take a lot more time to clean and they rush through them too often. And it shows. Plus their age. Don't get me going on how bad SSR was, I often say they've been putting lipstick on a pig over there. If I owned there I'd be pretty angry about the conditions I found, just cosmetic. It shouldn't look so shabby. And we aren't talking shabby chic either LOL

I am glad I am not the only one! I was thinking about it but both saw and heard consistently negative things. Nothing horrific, just not worth the money.

Don't worry, Disney management is making sure ALL of their resort rooms are sinking below industry standards for cleanliness so it's not just the DVC rooms. A reminder: Guests are paying a premium price for these rooms and this is what they have to deal with. In this new era of Disney the primary concern is for profits above all else. This is why this is happening. Disney is counting on you to buy into their reputation from the past while they now provide an inferior experience.

This is not just one room. Guests are experiencing poor housekeeping all across property. Disney management is allowing this to happen, plain and simple.

Please contact guest services and tell them about your experiences and concerns. wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

This situation will continue as long as Disney management thinks they can get away with it. Let them know this is unacceptable.

~NM
I'm curious, have you priced rooms anywhere else lately? Maybe not in Orlando where they have a plethora of rooms to the point where they have too many but in a normal area? With a more normal volume of hotels. Disney rooms are becoming a downright bargain. They aren't quite the premium I once thought they were after I started pricing rooms elsewhere. Turns out that Deluxe AP rate I pay is cheaper than a room I can get on a weekend in any nearby city. Folks often ask me why we go to Disney so often but it turns out, it's a cheaper trip than even Nashville is.

I'm curious, have you priced rooms anywhere else lately? Maybe not in Orlando where they have a plethora of rooms to the point where they have too many but in a normal area? With a more normal volume of hotels. Disney rooms are becoming a downright bargain. They aren't quite the premium I once thought they were after I started pricing rooms elsewhere. Turns out that Deluxe AP rate I pay is cheaper than a room I can get on a weekend in any nearby city. Folks often ask me why we go to Disney so often but it turns out, it's a cheaper trip than even Nashville is.

Absolutely disagree that Disney rooms are a bargain.

I Paid 250/night for 5 star in a world class ski town recently. We're talking right in the heart of the shopping and dining and lift area.

I Paid 250/night for my city's landmark 5 star hotel. It's one of the top hotels in the entire US, is always highly regarded, and the level of service is right in line with the highest rated Four Seasons or Ritz hotels around the world.

I Paid 200 for a high end hotel in DC.

All this in 2017 and 2018

Yes, I find deals, and yes we find them in the off seasons, but we also try to go to Disney during their off-seasons as well. So when I'm seeing numbers like the above compared to 400 plus for a deluxe (though i recently quoted slightly under 400 through a travel agent for a deluxe for grins and giggles), it doesn't come across as a bargain to me, when a similar or better quality off-site property is $150 including all fees and taxes and parking.

Was the room even cleaned? Was the room completely missed? That's awful.

Did he speak to management?

Absolutely disagree that Disney rooms are a bargain.

I Paid 250/night for 5 star in a world class ski town recently. We're talking right in the heart of the shopping and dining and lift area.

I Paid 250/night for my city's landmark 5 star hotel. It's one of the top hotels in the entire US, is always highly regarded, and the level of service is right in line with the highest rated Four Seasons or Ritz hotels around the world.

I Paid 200 for a high end hotel in DC.

All this in 2017 and 2018

Yes, I find deals, and yes we find them in the off seasons, but we also try to go to Disney during their off-seasons as well. So when I'm seeing numbers like the above compared to 400 plus for a deluxe (though i recently quoted slightly under 400 through a travel agent for a deluxe for grins and giggles), it doesn't come across as a bargain to me, when a similar or better quality off-site property is $150 including all fees and taxes and parking.
Good for you, some are good at wheeling and dealing. I'm not born with that gene.
I can only compare the prices for when and where we go, not for when or where we can't go. Sometimes trips can't be done in the off season, sometimes you have to go for an X event. So you have to price them for that time.
I was comparing to the places we have here in my town, or in Atlanta or in Nashville, 2 other nearby cities. So happens hotel pricing, local in our city and regional, was a topic of conversation on our local talk radio just this week.
A caller paid $280 for a Comfort Inn in my home town last week, week day rate. Can't compare a 5 star hotel, we don't have any of those. All of ours are Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn at best. Far from 5 star. I'd put them in line with a Disney Mod myself, maybe a Deluxe as some have indoor halls. I never stay 5 Star anywhere, and we can't find anything for under $250 a night on a weekend in Knoxville or Gatlinburg.
Our rooms in Atlanta before we fly out always run us about $250, for a Marriott room, and that's not counting parking at $20 a night.
So if those are what we consider a regular rate when we find Deluxe rooms, with our AP rate, at under $300 a night yeah, I think it's a bargain considering it's on Disney property.
In my POV, how overpriced one thinks Disney hotels are is influenced by what one is accustomed to paying for hotel rates for similar looking rooms, size, etc. at the locations they go
Obviously there are places cheaper. I don't happen to go there or go there at the right times.

Yes I have priced out rooms in different areas. I ran the numbers from my 2017 travel and I discovered that I paid an average of 163 dollars per night including taxes and fees. ( I didn't have the numbers for just the rack rates, I went by the final charge on the credit card). This is for travel from Virginia in the south near DC to Rhode Island. (Mixed business and vacation travel, excluding Disney hotels since we are comparing rates to them) Not once in any of those stays (or so far this year) did I experience a room that was not cleaned or stocked properly.

I don't care how much or how little you pay for a room, there is no excuse for it not being cleaned and stocked appropriately. In my opinion Disney rooms are not a bargain at the prices they are charging, this in spite of the now poor quality amenities (problems with buses to the parks, and food courts) food trays left in the hallways for DAYS at the deluxes and groups of teens running unsupervised around resorts at night, etc.

If I am reading correctly, you seem to have the idea that it's OK for guests to put up with this because they are at Disney. That totally mystifies me. I wouldn't buy a car from Disney and then when I discovered that it didn't run correctly say, "Well that's OK, I bought it from Disney!". Disney management has a responsibility to provide rooms that are up to industry standards. More and more we are hearing about and experiencing for ourselves that this is not the case.

I'll say it again that Disney Management is allowing this to happen.

Management is depending that there will be people like you that say that it's ok that I overpaid for my room and got a poor quality experience.
That's more profit for the company and these days profit is the first and foremost consideration of the Disney company. Gone are the days when Disney was concerned about quality. Disney's focus these days is to minimize quality and maximize profit. We have been watching Disney make a concerted effort to do this in many different ways these last few years.

It's gotten to the point that when my neighbors ask me about going I have to have the "talk" with them. That is when I tell them they will be ripped off at every turn. That they will pay premium prices for a low quality experience. That the possibility exists that Disney will require you to pay full price for a park ticket and then run the park at diminished capacity so you will have to stand in line even longer for rides and attractions. I have to tell them that their resort room might be dirty or under stocked upon check in and how they have to spend their vacation time herding Disney into fixing problems that they should not even be experiencing in the first place. I have to tell them that they might be standing in long lines for buses that don't come frequently enough to meet the demand. I could go on but I think we all see and have experienced this new Disney for ourselves.

Personally speaking I don't find any of this to be a bargain. I think it's sad that the top management of the company has lost the Disney Focus on excellence and quality. I'm hoping that when the current leadership is out that someone will take over that realizes that the Disney brand will be unsustainable if it's simply about a cash grab. That your customers eventually figure that out and turn away. One can hope, right?

~NM

Good for you, some are good at wheeling and dealing. I'm not born with that gene.
These were online, booked directly through the hotel prices, not a Travelocity type of thing, or wheel and deal thing.

Management is depending that there will be people like you that say that it's ok that I overpaid for my room and got a poor quality experience.
If I could like your post multiple times, I would.

I would have asked to be moved and points back.
We be not had that experience at Kidani in our multiple visits ( but I still enjoy Jambo more, lol)
Hope the rest of the visit is Cleaner and pixie Dusted!

View attachment 338033 I gave my son and his family two weeks at AKL... he just sent me a list of what they found in their room...I’m disgusted! Every time we go there we have issues. This has got to be the worse yet!!!!
Goodness! I would livid! The sad thing is they may have given your (probably) 9 points back, but the only place you'll be able to use these small amount of points is at AKL :l did they give your son's family anything else? like FP's?

0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

keep us posted on the deep cleaning. They really should have moved them. That puts a damper on your vacation when you get hit with all that nastiness. I don't know about dvc rentals-does the front desk handle that also? I have not had an issue with my DVC visits yet (fingers crossed I don't ever since I rent the points and am not the owner).

I think them giving you a night's points back is good but if the deep cleaning does not get done then what? I know you owners pay dues for the maintenance of the resorts and you expect to have a clean room with everything in working order.

I hope everything gets worked out.

We stayed at a couple studios and found them more run down looking then the regular rooms as well. Our friends are DVC members and it's l;like they are looking through Disney rose colored glasses. We rented points from them so we could go together and I commented on how sad that WDW lets the rooms get this way, and my friend looked at me like I was crazy and said they were fine. I then pointed out the chipped furniture and door, the wallpaper that started coming off the wall and the tile with a big piece missing from it. Everything but the tile is a very quick and easy fix or cover up, yet it's not done. I still wished I had the $ to buy DVC years ago, but at the price they are now, no thanks.

We purchased in 2007 and we have had nothing but well kept villas and stellar service. We have stayed at AKV (Jambo and Kidani), SSR in the Treehouse Villas, OKW GV, visited friends at WLV, and stayed at GCV (at Disneyland) too many times to count. One time there was a box of unopened cereal in the kitchen cabinet but thats all. I love our DVC! The amenities even in a Studio are pretty cool.

If we ever happen to encounter issues the OP faced, I would run right down to the front desk to have it remedied.

Yes I have priced out rooms in different areas. I ran the numbers from my 2017 travel and I discovered that I paid an average of 163 dollars per night including taxes and fees. ( I didn't have the numbers for just the rack rates, I went by the final charge on the credit card). This is for travel from Virginia in the south near DC to Rhode Island. (Mixed business and vacation travel, excluding Disney hotels since we are comparing rates to them) Not once in any of those stays (or so far this year) did I experience a room that was not cleaned or stocked properly.

I don't care how much or how little you pay for a room, there is no excuse for it not being cleaned and stocked appropriately. In my opinion Disney rooms are not a bargain at the prices they are charging, this in spite of the now poor quality amenities (problems with buses to the parks, and food courts) food trays left in the hallways for DAYS at the deluxes and groups of teens running unsupervised around resorts at night, etc.

If I am reading correctly, you seem to have the idea that it's OK for guests to put up with this because they are at Disney. That totally mystifies me. I wouldn't buy a car from Disney and then when I discovered that it didn't run correctly say, "Well that's OK, I bought it from Disney!". Disney management has a responsibility to provide rooms that are up to industry standards. More and more we are hearing about and experiencing for ourselves that this is not the case.

That's more profit for the company and these days profit is the first and foremost consideration of the Disney company. Gone are the days when Disney was concerned about quality. Disney's focus these days is to minimize quality and maximize profit. We have been watching Disney make a concerted effort to do this in many different ways these last few years.

It's gotten to the point that when my neighbors ask me about going I have to have the "talk" with them. That is when I tell them they will be ripped off at every turn. That they will pay premium prices for a low quality experience. That the possibility exists that Disney will require you to pay full price for a park ticket and then run the park at diminished capacity so you will have to stand in line even longer for rides and attractions. I have to tell them that their resort room might be dirty or under stocked upon check in and how they have to spend their vacation time herding Disney into fixing problems that they should not even be experiencing in the first place. I have to tell them that they might be standing in long lines for buses that don't come frequently enough to meet the demand. I could go on but I think we all see and have experienced this new Disney for ourselves.

Personally speaking I don't find any of this to be a bargain. I think it's sad that the top management of the company has lost the Disney Focus on excellence and quality. I'm hoping that when the current leadership is out that someone will take over that realizes that the Disney brand will be unsustainable if it's simply about a cash grab. That your customers eventually figure that out and turn away. One can hope, right?

~NM
Then you are by no means reading anything correctly.
You do have blinders on where anything related to Disney resorts are concerned. That must is very clear.
If that is what you got from my post, then you need to read it again.

So why are you even going back? Just so you can spend money with you company you despise? Makes perfect sense. I guess.

~NM

BEST POST AWARD!!!!!!!!:love:

~NM

First, OP...gross!!! I would be upset also.

To the quoted - I'm glad you aren't my neighbor. :) I know you like to say your posts aren't insulting to people because you are only speaking your opinion, but I find your posts (this type) to be both condescending and insulting to anyone who might not feel as vehemently as you do about the state of Disney today.

I think Disney is crazy expensive and takes too long to finish projects, sometimes not even giving us the project/land they initially promised, for the record. But I still enjoy going there and I don't think my enjoyment is giving someone else a poor quality experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter