Toronto Dis Meet

I'm looking forward to this... I am available just about any evening or weekend right now.

Taryn
Eeyore2.gif

Port Orleans 2000

Okay, how about May 5 or 6? Sandra you will be back by then won't you? You'll have all the latest for those of us that are starved for a Disney fix. ;) It's so nice to have something Disneyish (is that a word?) to look forward to.

eeyorebtfly1.gif

Hi Guys,
It's me and I'm all stressed out but still want to join you for the RFC thing. For the few of us who have replied we can all seem to do it on the 8th of April. I don't have to take my mom back to Buffalo for treatment until after 3pm that day.
So I can do it .
1 adult+ DD (4) in wheelchair ( Just don't sit too close to the animals.)

If it's at RFC, Yorkdale, my kids and DH can spend time in the book store!

Julie

off-site '86,'87
DXL July 00
DXL November 00 (no kids)
off-site March 01

DH and I can make it for either April 8th, or May 5th/6th. Let's pick one.
I'd love to see more DISers joining in!! How about a bribe? Let me see......ummm, mystery gift, free dessert, the pleasure of my company? LOL!
:D :D

snowprince.gif

Uh Oh!! Just noticed my post #, hope thats not an omen! lol ;)

Snowwark: I like the idea of the free dessert! (lol) :D

Julie

off-site '86,'87
DXL July 00
DXL November 00 (no kids)
off-site March 01

Ok either the 8 of April or the 5-6 of May is fine with us. I'm looking forward t meeting a whole bunch of new people at this one, since so far I think I'm the only one planning to go that was at the last one.

eeyorebtfly1.gif

Hi! April 8 sounds great to me! That's also the grand opening of the Rainforest Gorillas Exhibit at the zoo! We can make it! I think RFC opens at 11 am, we could got for a light snack or dessert and coffee! I like that idea the best! As far as May 5 or 6 goes, I am teaching a yoga workshop on the 5th but the 6th sounds good. I will probably even have pictures of our trip!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

Hey guys,
I would love to come (if the date works out) if one of the mods can let me know the definite date, I will do my best. Would love to see "old DIS friends" and meet some "new ones" too! :)
CC

CathyCanada
Assistant Webmaster DIS
Resorts Board Co-Moderator
disnutcc@wdwinfo.com

April 8th would be ok with us we won't be able to plan too much in May it is too close to Lisa's due date of May 11th so we will be staying close to home in may. So let us know if it is in April.
Thanks Darren & Lisa ;)

Can you guys fit in a few from Hamilton?I talked to my DH this morning and I convinced him to go.He isnt as big a Disney nut as we all are but if it involves food he will do it.There would be us and my two boys,10 and 12.Loking forward to meeting you guys. :D

I am really looking forward to this! ºoº

So how does this sound for a final date/time/location.

Rainforest Cafe in Yorkdale
11 am, Sunday, April 8
for light snacks / dessert
Bring your favourite one ot two Disney pix if you like.

I am RSVPing family of 4 (dh, myself, dd 7 yo, ds 1 yo ~ needs high chair)

I can make the reservations unless someone else living closer to Toronto would like to do it.

THX, Sandra

º0º
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),

DH and I will attend, but, If we're going to drive for an hour, these DIS'ers are going to want lunch! :D Maybe we should start a different thread with the date, time, etc., that people can post their replies to. :)

snowprince.gif

Same here.An hour drive and the kids are going to want to eat.But I am okay with the time and date.Dont know whther I can just pick out a pix or two(might just have to bring the whole album from December,hehehehe)I am so looking forward to this. ;)

Hi my dd (25) & I would love to go to the meet. The RFC on April 8 at 11:00 would be great. I will try to get back on to make sure of the day and time. My df is pretty sick so I don't get on the computer much.
tigercat

DH and I would love to come on April 8th with our 2 children (7 & 4). I'm just wondering whether this deserves a new thread with the specifics in the original post, because info is sort of getting lost here on page 2. Then, as people reply to confirm, the original poster could keep editting that original post to keep an up-to-date guest list. Just a thought.

Cheers,

dondaisys.gif

CindyAnn
Co-moderator - Restaurants Board & Canadian Board

Hi everyone! I think a new thread is a good idea, too. I know I can't make it April 8, I'm working. May 6th might be okay: I'll be in the London area on May 5th & could stop at Yorkdale on my way back home on the 6th.

Another thought...someone just recently told me that they had gone to eat at RFC in Scarborough and when they got there they found it had closed down. They were told at that time that the one in Yorkdale is closing in a couple of weeks. I just checked, and the one in Scarborough is closed, and the one in Yorkdale is still open. Does anyone have any more info than I do?

I also like the idea of tying in the Gorilla Exhibit at the zoo. We want to take our kids this spring, so if that works into the plan, great!

CindyCan
Co-Moderator Restaurant Board

I also phoned the Yorkdale RFC and the "crew member" I spoke to said they will be open for a "long time."
Since we still seem a little stuck on the date, I'm going to post a poll and see what works out for the majority. I hope that's okay. :)

snowprince.gif

I replied to your poll for April 8 but May 6 is good too! GOOD LUCK!

º0º

One adult and 4 yr old dd in wheelchair for April 8th !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter