Topolinos no longer allows more than one entree?

I probably should have said this differently. What I was trying to say is that if they had a price per entree on the menu instead of a fixed price overall, I think it would take away the question of getting extra food. If you want additional food, you pay more. I didnt mean to question the overall value of the experience. We still plan to go.

Sadly, if they did that, it would go the way BOG went…. whole family ordering one small item but everyone enjoying the “perk” of characters or the atmosphere of the restaurant. Unfortunately Disney is going to more prix fixe meals. Especially at higher priced & popular restaurants.

Sadly, if they did that, it would go the way BOG went…. whole family ordering one small item but everyone enjoying the “perk” of characters or the atmosphere of the restaurant. Unfortunately Disney is going to more prix fixe meals. Especially at higher priced & popular restaurants.
You are probably right. But the thought of a fruit plate as an entree has me scratching my head if that is all you get. Not everyone can eat the breads and pastries.

You are probably right. But the thought of a fruit plate as an entree has me scratching my head if that is all you get. Not everyone can eat the breads and pastries.

Totally understand. Even that price for a waffle is crazy. We’re 2 adult’s & don’t care about characters. So that price for just the food, not worth it to us. Which is why we’ll never do that meal.

I'll take the avocado toast for $45.🤣🤣🤣
Maybe they just intend for it to be a paid meet and greet?

I grabbed a late breakfast ADR for april this morning (there were plenty of times, so it was easier than I expected).
I'll keep one eye on the situation, so in case I'm not convinced I'll cancel my reservation. It's super pricey and would be really a bummer see this one dish rule set.

I'm watching this as I have an ADR next week. I think I will cancel if we get confirmation that its true.

I mean, I definitely think Topolino’s is worth it if you have kids that want a character meal. The food, IMO, is better than some of the other character meals. And I feel like they are up charging for the characters. Which the interactions were great there during the time we went. I’m going regardless next week. But will update when I get back if you can order a side meal or not

We’ve been twice and the experience was night and day difference. The first time was Dec 2021 and our server did tell us we could order a main but could try anything else on the menu as a “side” portion. Even though she called it a side portion, each item ended up being the full entree size except the waffle. We had the entire fruit plate, steak and salmon bagel.

We went more recently on Jan 23rd (2023) and our server made every effort not to allow us to order more than 1 entree outside of telling us we couldn’t order more than 1 entree.

Before I even barely finished speaking he turned to the next person and asked what they wanted. When I jumped back in to ask about if I could get the avocado toast on the side he hummed and hawed and eventually he said, “Technically, you can”. Then when others in my party ordered, he kept saying that.

When the food actually came, none of the “sides” that we ordered came. We had to ask and it was hit or miss whether something actually came out to the table. We did get the waffles and the avocado toast eventually but it was very delayed into our meal. The fruit plate was a condiment container (like think of those small ramekins you get the jam and butter in for the pastries) with a few berries in it.

It was quite bizarre. I didn’t know if it’s a new rule or just the server. If it’s a new rule, just tell us? He also never brought us coffee even though we asked twice. The only drinks he brought were the paid ones. One of my dining companions ordered a mocktail and the other a mimosa. I had to flag down another cast member and ask them if we could get coffee. This was after entrees came. The thing that sucks is that we were a party of 6, so had to pay the auto grat of 18% despite the quality of service.

I ate there at 730 this morning. Server suggested the steak and asked if I wanted eggs and potatoes with it. I didnt even look at the menu and said yes. Did I get an add on? I could not finish it. Excellent food,service and character interaction.

I ate there at 730 this morning. Server suggested the steak and asked if I wanted eggs and potatoes with it. I didnt even look at the menu and said yes. Did I get an add on? I could not finish it. Excellent food,service and character interaction.
The online menu says that the steak comes with the following, if you got that in addition to the eggs and potatoes, you did get extra! I just didn't know if you added on or subbed something out.

Wood-fired Butchers Steak*​

Polenta, Pomodoraccio Tomatoes, Roasted Onions, Wild Mushroom Conserva, Watercress

The online menu says that the steak comes with the following, if you got that in addition to the eggs and potatoes, you did get extra! I just didn't know if you added on or subbed something out.

Polenta, Pomodoraccio Tomatoes, Roasted Onions, Wild Mushroom Conserva, Watercress

He asked if I wanted the polenta As well.I didn’t know what that was at the time so just said no.

Attachments

• 1BD82B1F-99A7-49C3-B1BD-92EBE4FF74A2.jpeg
    1BD82B1F-99A7-49C3-B1BD-92EBE4FF74A2.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 85
There is definitely a lack of consistency with waitstaff there.

We ate there January of 2023 and we were reminded about the sides (which we already knew) but had to beg and plead for more pastries.

I hope they don't do away with the extra tasting entree because it will preclude people from returning if they are not there for the characters (which you can count us into that crowd) the characters are cute and the first time we went there it was fun, but we really go for the yummy pastries and the breakfast because we liked it so much.

It's not easy to find a really good breakfast on Disney property, well at least a creative one.

We’ve been twice and the experience was night and day difference. The first time was Dec 2021 and our server did tell us we could order a main but could try anything else on the menu as a “side” portion. Even though she called it a side portion, each item ended up being the full entree size except the waffle. We had the entire fruit plate, steak and salmon bagel.

We went more recently on Jan 23rd (2023) and our server made every effort not to allow us to order more than 1 entree outside of telling us we couldn’t order more than 1 entree.

Before I even barely finished speaking he turned to the next person and asked what they wanted. When I jumped back in to ask about if I could get the avocado toast on the side he hummed and hawed and eventually he said, “Technically, you can”. Then when others in my party ordered, he kept saying that.

When the food actually came, none of the “sides” that we ordered came. We had to ask and it was hit or miss whether something actually came out to the table. We did get the waffles and the avocado toast eventually but it was very delayed into our meal. The fruit plate was a condiment container (like think of those small ramekins you get the jam and butter in for the pastries) with a few berries in it.

It was quite bizarre. I didn’t know if it’s a new rule or just the server. If it’s a new rule, just tell us? He also never brought us coffee even though we asked twice. The only drinks he brought were the paid ones. One of my dining companions ordered a mocktail and the other a mimosa. I had to flag down another cast member and ask them if we could get coffee. This was after entrees came. The thing that sucks is that we were a party of 6, so had to pay the auto grat of 18% despite the quality of service.
We had a similar experience last time we were there in March 2022. Our waiter did not want to make make any substitutions and acted very put out when we asked for a side of fruit. The food was quite good but the service left a bad taste. I have reservations for 2 weeks time but will likely cancel. I’m waiting to see what the early reviews of the new Chef Mickey’s buffet are but I think we will do that instead.

I ate there on Jan 4th this year. I was told by my waitress that there was a recent change and I could pick a half size portion as my second entrée. She didn't bat an eye at my daughter and I ordering a 2nd *half" entrée. She also asked us if we wanted more pastries. Our service was excellent, food delicious, and character engagement was perfect. This was hands down one of the best character meals ever. (And let me add, that I didn't really want to pay the $ for this meal, but friends had convinced me it was worthy. And it was!)

We had a similar experience last time we were there in March 2022. Our waiter did not want to make make any substitutions and acted very put out when we asked for a side of fruit. The food was quite good but the service left a bad taste. I have reservations for 2 weeks time but will likely cancel. I’m waiting to see what the early reviews of the new Chef Mickey’s buffet are but I think we will do that instead.
I would normally not give such a strong opinion on a topic, but between the two...Chef Mickey's is NOTHING compared to Topolinos. I believe you're paying the same price but the food at Chef Mickey's is sub-par, compared to Topolinos.

We were really disappointed at our last Chef Mickey's breakfast. Not even the waffles were as good as they used to be. Granted, it was juuuust before the buffet returned, so I don't know if it is better or not, but the characters are cuter at Topolinos, spend more time, have the cute song and dance around the restaurant and all the tables can see it.

Chef Mickey's needs to step up their game if they want to even come close to the value of Topolino's and I can't even believe I'm arguing for the price of this breakfast.....

There is a breakfast in NYC that is known to be one of the most expensive. I forget...I think in Le Parker Meridien, and I believe our Topolino's breakfast cost us more!!!!

I would normally not give such a strong opinion on a topic, but between the two...Chef Mickey's is NOTHING compared to Topolinos. I believe you're paying the same price but the food at Chef Mickey's is sub-par, compared to Topolinos.

We were really disappointed at our last Chef Mickey's breakfast. Not even the waffles were as good as they used to be. Granted, it was juuuust before the buffet returned, so I don't know if it is better or not, but the characters are cuter at Topolinos, spend more time, have the cute song and dance around the restaurant and all the tables can see it.

Chef Mickey's needs to step up their game if they want to even come close to the value of Topolino's and I can't even believe I'm arguing for the price of this breakfast.....

There is a breakfast in NYC that is known to be one of the most expensive. I forget...I think in Le Parker Meridien, and I believe our Topolino's breakfast cost us more!!!!
The last time we did Chef Mickey’s was about 6 years ago and it was for dinner - I totally agree, food was mediocre then. But since the family style reopening the food reviews have generally been quite decent for CM so we are willing to give it another shot. Especially for breakfast which is harder to screw up. It switches back to buffet right before we go so hoping for a review or two before we decide. My kids also love the napkin waving at CM. I admit our lukewarm thoughts on Topolinos may also be coloured by the fact we were there during socially distanced times so the characters just kind of waved and walked on by. I know that aspect is much much better now.

Ok, just left Topolino's. Our waiter confirmed starting mid month they no longer offered multiple entrees. You can get extra sides like potatoes, eggs or bacon but that's about it. I mentioned to him the last 2 times we were here I got the steak with a side of quiche and he said he could still do that. I told him I didn't want him to get in trouble and he insisted it would be no problem. He also added some potatoes to my plate even though I didn't ask. He brought our entrees first then a few minutes later the quiche. Happy to report everything was delicious!

Attachments

• Resized_20230218_120423.jpeg
    Resized_20230218_120423.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 57
The last time we did Chef Mickey’s was about 6 years ago and it was for dinner - I totally agree, food was mediocre then. But since the family style reopening the food reviews have generally been quite decent for CM so we are willing to give it another shot. Especially for breakfast which is harder to screw up. It switches back to buffet right before we go so hoping for a review or two before we decide. My kids also love the napkin waving at CM. I admit our lukewarm thoughts on Topolinos may also be coloured by the fact we were there during socially distanced times so the characters just kind of waved and walked on by. I know that aspect is much much better now.
Just FYI, I don't believe they did the napkin waving when we were there at Chef Mickey's this time. We were in an odd seat...a very large table in a back corner slightly elevated but really somewhat secluded, only 2 other tables up there with us.

We had family style when we were there. The muffins and pastries were really yucky and dry, nothing like the heavenly breakfast pastries at Topolinos. The only thing that was good was the cheesy potatoes...I think those were there. Everyone else complained, but I was happy with cheesy potatoes. My father was close to having a heart attack from how much he hated the breakfast, but he is a complainer (and he wasn't even paying the bill). I hope it gets better. It's a really cute place and I get we're paying for the characters, but they need to step up the food game too for those prices!

I'll be anxious to hear more reviews because I would like to give it another chance.

Ok, just left Topolino's. Our waiter confirmed starting mid month they no longer offered multiple entrees. You can get extra sides like potatoes, eggs or bacon but that's about it. I mentioned to him the last 2 times we were here I got the steak with a side of quiche and he said he could still do that. I told him I didn't want him to get in trouble and he insisted it would be no problem. He also added some potatoes to my plate even though I didn't ask. He brought our entrees first then a few minutes later the quiche. Happy to report everything was delicious!
I could deal with that....as long as I could add some protein to the sweet dishes, I would be okay with that or the quiche to anything..I really love that quiche!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter