Top Secret Pixie Dust! A Surprise 13th Birthday PTR! NEW! TRIP REPORT LINK PAGE 220!

Oh Well - two days late and four pages behind! :confused3 I meant 5 pages behind!

I'm in!! What a fab. mother you are!!! I am so excited to follow this PTR. She will be beyond excited. Love your writing. Can't wait to see if Sleeper Agent will be a problem :lmao:

Yeah, I don't mind the mascara so much, but they get really heavy handed with the eyeliner. As long as she learns how to do it properly when the time is right, it can be very pretty. :goodvibes

I agree -- unfortunately, middle schoolers think more is better! :confused3

I agree with TK. I teach in a K-12 school and once those teen years hit, the girls are attracted to the black eyeliner. And sometimes it's scary. That and the belts they call skirts that they wear to school :scared1:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Yes, I have been down the belts as skirts road -- Chelsea found a skirt in her dresser that, I kid you not, was a size six (in kids') -- she attempted to wear it and claim it was okay because she had leggings on -- like leggings aren't just tights without feet. That was an interesting battle.

There are some mornings, I just shake my head.

yay! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this today! Very cool to surprise chelsea. I wish i could surprise DH with a wdw trip, but I dont think he would be nearly as excited as a 13 yr old girl. or would he??

Welcome!!! DH might be as excited...:lmao:

I almost died when I saw my 13 year old niece on Christmas Eve... she had on so much makeup I thought she was heading on stage to perform in a musical! :scared1:

:lmao:

You're much nicer than me...between the make-up and the body splashes and perfume, Chelsea's room resembles a French house of ill repute -- only I don't call it that, but I don't think the word I use is DIS appropriate. :rotfl:

Oh Well - two days late and four pages behind! :confused3 I meant 5 pages behind!

Nah, you aren't late, Mary Ellen! So glad you are here!

I'm in!! What a fab. mother you are!!! I am so excited to follow this PTR. She will be beyond excited. Love your writing. Can't wait to see if Sleeper Agent will be a problem :lmao:

Yeay! Thanks for coming over! I hope Sleeper Agent is cooperative since it is only six day trip!

I promise I can keep a secret, too! :ssst:

Welcome!!! Thanks for coming over!!!

I agree -- unfortunately, middle schoolers think more is better! :confused3

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Yes, I have been down the belts as skirts road -- Chelsea found a skirt in her dresser that, I kid you not, was a size six (in kids') -- she attempted to wear it and claim it was okay because she had leggings on -- like leggings aren't just tights without feet. That was an interesting battle.

There are some mornings, I just shake my head.

You're much nicer than me...between the make-up and the body splashes and perfume, Chelsea's room resembles a French house of ill repute -- only I don't call it that, but I don't think the word I use is DIS appropriate. :rotfl:

Well, not that this helps right now but we have found with Kendall (and I can attest I was exactly the same at her age) that 7th grade and 13 was the highlight of the bad, heavy, overdone makeup both the eyeshadow, liner and the mascara. I think it's that first year of freedom. She has completely toned it down all on her own and most of the time it's rather lovely, occasionally a little heavy handed on the liner but a million times better. I'm glad we let it go at the time (kind of like Taylors scary facial hair but that's another story) as I think it resolved itself earlier as a result.

We've had a few of those skirt battles, I finally just purged all her drawers myself or she would try to wear them! "But really they fit fine"

um. not.

Now we just have to watch them all roll their soccer shorts up so they are as short as possible but then I have to laugh as she tried to yank her vball ones down!

We saw some teens at the mall on the 23rd in short shorts. It was scary! Not only was it only 40 degrees out but these were some WHITE kids! Just not attractive at all. Thankfully even Kendall thought so.

Now if we could get her to move faster on her hair......

I had four sons, so the teenage angst years were not so dramatic. Although boys have their share, not as many things to battle about.

In 2011 I will be treating my grandaughters to a trip tp WDW & I can hardly wait. They will be 8 & 6, perfect time for the Princess thing. Boys were not into that at all, just rides.

Does her room look like this?

pelican-house-lg.jpg

I'm late but I'm signing up too. We have a secret trip planned for next month to POFQ of course if Danielle had her choice it would be too The Grand too. It's so hard to keep the secret I can't wait to read how you do it.

French house of ill repute! :lmao: Very well put!
My youngest niece is 13 and unfortunately she has the influence of an older sister and brother :sad2: She is a good girl but I just think she as well as many teens that age are overexposed. Ughh and that black eyeliner....I suggested a dark brown because the black can be so harsh :confused3

Tracy

I'm late to your report, but I have a fairly good excuse. I was on the beach of the Poly with these crazy people who were dancing and singing(if you can call it that) and then there was that crazy Georgia traffic. But I'm here now and promise to keep your secret.

Middle school girls seem to think leggings are pants. The skirts just seem to get smaller and smaller as the make-up gets heavier and heavier.

I'm here! Do we need security clearance or something? Because that could be a problem.....

I have a 14 year old so, I can relate. Luckily, no make-up yet but I think soon. Although the clothing and jewelry is in full effect. Also that lovely attitude. Is Chelsea in to Twilight? My dd, Emily loves it. The second movie came out the night before our Disney trip and she wanted to go see it at night when we were leaving early the next day. That was a battle.

Hi, Megs!!! Your trip is coming up soon, right?

Yes! 38 (almost 37) days! :banana: I've started the packing lists already.

:lmao: I laughed so hard when I read that! Such a good way of putting it without violating any DIS rules. ;)

Oh you know I will totally help you with the big surprise reveal part! Heck, we all will!!! :goodvibes

I had a one sets of cheeks showing rule in my classroom, the ones on their faces. If I saw the other set they needed to change shorts or skirt.

Back from another good trip: brain-fried and sleep-deprived. Just happened to see you had started this as I scrolled through before turning in.

We were at the Grand for a very short time, so I pretty much just got some lobby pictures. I planned to get much more, but I was already late meeting the group so we could head out to Fort Wilderness.

We visited with Chelsea's buddy at Hollywood Studios. It is quite possible that we took a Santa hat with us and put it on his head so he could give her a proper Christmas shout-out. A strange man gave us an even stranger look, but neither Bo nor I seemed to care much. :)

I am on board for keeping all secrets involved in this mission. ::yes::

Oh yeah, I did my time with a teenage girl. Some days are not fun, and Jill was a breeze compared to many. It does pass, though, and they grow up to be pretty awesome young women who become incredible friends and give you lovely little grandchildren. :goodvibes

My computer caught a virus and I've been offline for a few days.:sick: Luckily I had enough chocolate from Christmas leftover to help me through my disboard cravings while my DH battled the virus. And my 180 day mark came so I was busy on the phone with Disney. Looking forward to hearing where you're heading to. Especially for the big birthday day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter