Timeline

WAITING......I have no idea what to expect now...I've e mailed the closing company and never got an answer. Can anyone enlighten me?

Unfortunately, it's pretty much in the seller's hands now. For me, it was about 10 days from this step until the title company had their paperwork too.

michelleiada said:
WAITING......I have no idea what to expect now...I've e mailed the closing company and never got an answer. Can anyone enlighten me?

My understanding is that at this point the sellers' paperwork is somewhat involved (needs to be notarized), so it will likely take longer than yours, even if there is no "messiness" involved (living in separate households, etc.).

I can finally post an official timeline!

We had a bit more complicated one since we changed home resorts. But start to finish 4 months doesn't seem too bad!

4/30-three night trip to HHI----came home wanting to add on
5/1-5/18-searching resales for a 'small' add-on, didn't find one that would work so we opted to sell our BWV contract to add more pts at HHI
5/31 ish- had a contract on our BWV pts, sent to ROFR
6/18 ish- found out the BWV contract passed ROFR
6/21 ish- put an offer on a HHI contract, sent to ROFR
7/5-found out we lost HHI contract to ROFR :sad:
7/8-put offer on another HHI contact
7/15-contract sent to Disney for ROFR
7/18 ish--closed on BWV contract
8/1 ish--received check for BWV sale
8/6--found out we PASSED ROFR on HHI contract
8/27-closed on HHI contract
9/14-MS found new contract in system
9/15-could make a reservation :thumbsup2
9/18-had points and all loaded into our online account!!

So we sold one, bought another, increased our points and scored a June reservation at HHI all in about 4 months. And now we have Summers at the beach to look forward to the next 30 years....:goodvibes

My timeline

Found listing & made offer & accepted 7/26
Signed contract by both (S&B) 7/30
Submitted to Disney for ROFR 7/31
ROFR waived 8/28
Closing documents received & sent back overnight 9/6
My documents received by title company (still waiting on seller) 9/7
Name showed up on OCC website 9/11

Received an email from Fidelity & title co. that we closed 9/12
Called Member Administration to check on contract 9/19
Was told that we were entered into the system yesterday 9/18
YAY!!! We're in the system! All that is left to do is set up online account.:banana::yay:
*Got confirmation from MS that we can get member IDs onsite*
So all in all it took less than 2 months from start to finish - not too bad. Sharon & Evy are great!

Thank you to all here who helped me get through this process.

Going to post my timeline for reference and so I can continue to keep track...

8/9 - Sent offer to TSS
8/10 - Offer accepted by buyer and we received the contract
8/13 - Mailed contract along with deposit
8/14 - Contract sent to Disney for ROFR
9/12 - Received waiver of ROFR
9/13 - Received closing documents
9/17 - Closing documents and final payment sent off

Now we're in the waiting game to hear that we closed and to get entered into the system. Hoping we can be in the system by 10/8 so we can use our 7 month window for an upcoming trip :rolleyes1

Just got my "Welcome Home" email and I was told that my escrow had closed and we are officially Disney Vacation Club members. I went on to the OC Comptroller website and we are already showing up in the system. :thumbsup2

So two questions for you DVC experts:
1.) How long will it take to get a membership number and for the points to load in the system?
2.) When would we be able to go to SSR and get membership cards printed? We are going to be in Orlando Friday to Monday and would pop in if this was possible.

Thank you all for your help. We are almost there!

Mine thus far (updated)-

July 23-made offer on a loaded 170 point BLT contract
July 23- seller accepted
July 24- I send signed contracts back
July 31- Seller returns contract
July 31-Sent to ROFR
August 28-Passed ROFR
September 6 - Received closing documents
September 7 - FEDEXED signed documents and payment to title company
September 19 - Seller returned signed document/closed (sent to OCC and Disney)

Just curious on something as this is my first rodeo. ;)

We closed earlier this week and got our Welcome Home email from the title company. I know that folks say they've called MS to see if they had their information. I'll be calling soon (probably Monday - I'm thinking today might be too soon), but I'm curious... what do I ask them?? :blush:

Just curious on something as this is my first rodeo. ;)

We closed earlier this week and got our Welcome Home email from the title company. I know that folks say they've called MS to see if they had their information. I'll be calling soon (probably Monday - I'm thinking today might be too soon), but I'm curious... what do I ask them?? :blush:

Wait until it's been a week since your contract closed and showed up on the OCC site. Then call either Member Services or Member Administration (I had luck with Member Admin., others have had more luck with MS). Have your contract number and previous owners' names on hand and ask for your member number and help setting up your online account.

Wait until it's been a week since your contract closed and showed up on the OCC site. Then call either Member Services or Member Administration (I had luck with Member Admin., others have had more luck with MS). Have your contract number and previous owners' names on hand and ask for your member number and help setting up your online account.

How long should it take to show up on OCC site? It looks like no more than 2 business days from closing on most timelines I have seen. Is that the norm?

GOOFY D said:
How long should it take to show up on OCC site? It looks like no more than 2 business days from closing on most timelines I have seen. Is that the norm?

Both of my contracts showed up on the OCC site the day after the contracts closed.

Mine was on the OCC site the day after we closed.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

Both of my contracts showed up on the OCC site the day after the contracts closed.

That's what I have been seeing. I was a little concerned as I spoke with the title company the morning of 9/19 and they said everything had been sent to OCC and it was closed. It still has not shown up. I would assume the longer it takes to show up at OCC, the longer it takes for Disney to get into their system.

Thought I would share our completed timelines...

First Contract/AKV 200 points:

April 11- Offer made/accepted
April 13- Sent to Disney for ROFR
May 8- Passed ROFR
May 16- Closing paperwork received by email
May 17- Sent paperwork and payment
May 24- Closed...got the new member email
May 25- On OCC website
***Sometime in here I called MS to get our info and set up our online acct.
June 7- Points loaded and reservations made

Total time: 8 weeks, 1 day

Second Contract/BWV 150 points:

August 2- Offer made/accepted
August 3- Sent to Disney for ROFR
August 28- Passed ROFR
September 6- Closing paperwork received by email
September 7- Sent paperwork and payment
September 13- Closed...got the new member email
September 14- On OCC website
September 21- Points loaded

Total time: 7 weeks, 1 day

Second contract was slightly faster. I assume it is because we are already in the system. Have already made plans for Christmas 2013...Now I just have to wait for the booking window to open.:)

belias21 said:
Now that we're on the victory lap, here's our timeline.

7/27 - Offer presented (100 OKW)
7/27 - Offer accepted and all paperwork signed and returned
7/30 - Sent to Disney for ROFR
8/28 - Disney waives ROFR
9/6 - I receive closing docs
9/7 - Signed and returned with payment
9/17 - Seller's documents received at title company
9/18 - Closed!!
9/18 - Already listed on the OCC website

Looks like we have another week or two until I can call MS, right?

Wow! I started a day before you and I'm still waiting for seller to return docs so I can close! I'm dying to make my reservation!

michelleiada said:
Wow! I started a day before you and I'm still waiting for seller to return docs so I can close! I'm dying to make my reservation!

Wow, that's frustrating! Hope you get some good news soon! Wonder if they're on vacation or something...

Well... Called MS today and made some progress. I now have a member number and a club ID. They did not have my one-time activation code which is apparently needed to register at dvcmember.com. I was told it might be 3 or 4 more days. :faint:

Got everything I needed this morning and was able to log on to dvcmember.com to waitlist our first reservation :thumbsup2 (HHI in April - wish me luck...) pixiedust:

From a timeline perspective, we were exactly 60 days from presented offer to first reservation.

Woo hoo! Final timeline---

July 23- seller accepted
July 31-Sent to ROFR
August 28-Passed ROFR
September 24 - Shows up on OCC site
September 25 - In DVC system and points loaded!

64 days total start to finish!

belias21 said:
Got everything I needed this morning and was able to log on to dvcmember.com to waitlist our first reservation :thumbsup2 (HHI in April - wish me luck...) pixiedust:

From a timeline perspective, we were exactly 60 days from presented offer to first reservation.

GOOFY D said:
Woo hoo! Final timeline---

July 23- seller accepted
July 31-Sent to ROFR
August 28-Passed ROFR
September 24 - Shows up on OCC site
September 25 - In DVC system and points loaded!

64 days total start to finish!

Congrats to both of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter