TigerCheer2009's Lose 30 and Not Gain It Back Plan! (Add comments please!! Welcome!)

Howdy.

Bfast:
ham n scram (5.5)
apple (1)

L:
domino's pepperoni one slice (6)
peaches (1)

Snack=garlic mashed potatoes/serving already portioned out (4)
By the end of tonight, I'll have 19 flex points left over. Thank goddess for them!!!!!

D hopefully: Panera Turkey sandwich w/ mayo, lettuce and tomato
Small thingy of cheddar broccoli soup

Exercise: walked around for 5 minutes, stretches for 25 minutes. :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella: day here so I don't feel like movin'! ay yi yi... :earboy2: ! Toodles and have a great weekend.

Am down ANOTHER pound!!!! I'm doin' the "Yeahhh! Go Meeeeeee!" one-pound-down boogie!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Oh my goodness! I love how fabulously upbeat and happy you are!! Your positive attitude is going to make your journey so much easier.

I understand your issues with portion control. I have had the same problem. I've been on WW for a little less than 2 months and I'm still having problems. Here's the WW "Portion Primer". Hopefully it will help. It's worked really well for me with my protein and starch servings.

A 3-oz. serving of deli sliced turkey (rolled) looks like a cassette tape.
A 3-oz. serving of lean meat or fish looks like a deck of cards
A 1-cup serving of most starches (cereal, pasta) and most veggies looks like a tennis ball
A 1-oz. serving of hard cheese looks like 4 dice
A 1/2-cup scoop of ice cream looks like a cupcake wrapper
A 1-tsp. serving of mayonnaise looks like 1 die
A 1-tbsp. serving of peanut butter, cream cheese or butter looks like 3 dice

My other piece of advice is to follow the American Dietetic Association's guideline to always fill half of your plate with veggies/fruit at every meal. The other half should be used for your protein and starch and all of the foods should be separated by 1 inch of space on all sides. This will help you to proportion your meals.

Congratulations on your loss of inches and your wonderful exercise record! Just keep at it and the pounds will come off. Remember, you're learning to be healthier while you're waiting for the weight to go away. Being healthier is more important than losing pounds. Good luck! :flower:

TPCShauna said:
Oh my goodness! I love how fabulously upbeat and happy you are!! Your positive attitude is going to make your journey so much easier.

I understand your issues with portion control. I have had the same problem. I've been on WW for a little less than 2 months and I'm still having problems. Here's the WW "Portion Primer". Hopefully it will help. It's worked really well for me with my protein and starch servings.

A 3-oz. serving of deli sliced turkey (rolled) looks like a cassette tape.
A 3-oz. serving of lean meat or fish looks like a deck of cards
A 1-cup serving of most starches (cereal, pasta) and most veggies looks like a tennis ball
A 1-oz. serving of hard cheese looks like 4 dice
A 1/2-cup scoop of ice cream looks like a cupcake wrapper
A 1-tsp. serving of mayonnaise looks like 1 die
A 1-tbsp. serving of peanut butter, cream cheese or butter looks like 3 dice

My other piece of advice is to follow the American Dietetic Association's guideline to always fill half of your plate with veggies/fruit at every meal. The other half should be used for your protein and starch and all of the foods should be separated by 1 inch of space on all sides. This will help you to proportion your meals.

Congratulations on your loss of inches and your wonderful exercise record! Just keep at it and the pounds will come off. Remember, you're learning to be healthier while you're waiting for the weight to go away. Being healthier is more important than losing pounds. Good luck! :flower:

Thanks, Shauna. :blush: My shameless plug worked. I'm going to try the veggie thing tonight. Gonna try (operative words there). Thanks for the congrats. I am learning to be healthier. I'm feeling good. Thanks again...and welcome to my journal. Let's make our journey together, shall we? One baby step at a time...onward and downward!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

oy vei! Those potatoes were VILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I ate them anyway. :confused3 I guess I really wanted them. Wasn't worth the pts.

Too funny!! You were "shamelessly plugging" your journal while I was reading your journal! What did they say about great minds? :teeth:

:rotfl: OMGoddess! Great minds...
...think alike
...use subliminal message
...are on the WISH boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend, Shauna! :grouphug: :grouphug: for you

B: one slice Panera bread, two apples (6)
L: Baked Chicken and Mashed Potatoes lean cuisine meal, strawberries, 2 oz cheese, 6 crackers (10)
D: Tango Chicken sandwich (7), berry lemon cheesecake (5), water

One pound down!!!!!! 18 minute walk!! Another one bites the DuSt!! :cheer2:

Your totals for the day look great! Are you following WW through Fitday.com?

Yeah, actually, I am!! Thanks for visiting again!!

B: 1/2 a turkey subway sub (5). I was HUNGRY and there was nobody in the WORLD who could keep me from having that sub. Oh well. :confused3

FYI, it snowed. Just dandy. I was planning on a bike ride or walking around a track to prep myself for the BG Relay for life in about a month. Tartar sauce! :sad2: Bad snow!

I'm gonna go visit your journal now. Hopefully there's something to boogie for in yours...wait! The "Snow-Yuck-but-TC-lost-another-pound" dance! Ye-hah!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cool1: :cool1: :Pinkbounc

L: Smart Ones Slow Roasted Turkey Breast, strawberries (6).

Going to clean now!! Poodle tip all!

You look like you have been doing pretty well since I have been away! Your energy is amazing! Keep up the great work! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Lesli54 said: You look like you have been doing pretty well since I have been away! Your energy is amazing! Keep up the great work!

Thanks...I feel good, and I think I've gotten MORE energy from exercise. Thanks SOOOO much Lesli...you are a mentor-friend and those are the most important parts of weight loss: being able to talk to people who know what you're going through. And look at you!!! Congrats, Lesli!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dinner: two hot dogs, two hot dog buns, Broccoli and Cheddar roasted potatoes from smart ones. In total...well, let's just say I escaped with two points left over.

Housing update: tiles are in and dfather is laying down grout. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

TigerCheer2009 said:
Dinner: two hot dogs, two hot dog buns, Broccoli and Cheddar roasted potatoes from smart ones. In total...well, let's just say I escaped with two points left over.

But this point is you made it! Good for you! :cool1:

Hope you have a great Monday!!!

Sounds like your day was pretty darn good if you had points left over! I make a point of allowing myself 5 Flex points a day just in case I need them or want them. A good day for me is when I use my exact number of daily points.

Good job and good luck this week!

TPCShauna said:
Sounds like your day was pretty darn good if you had points left over! I make a point of allowing myself 5 Flex points a day just in case I need them or want them. A good day for me is when I use my exact number of daily points.

Good job and good luck this week!

Thanks...it's been a ROUGH day. I played bball, dodgeball and walked around for three hours. Not too rough is it??? Well, add in a pair of three inch high heels! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: Thanks Shauna, You are a PEACH 110%!

pearlieq said:
But this point is you made it! Good for you!

Hope you have a great Monday!!!

Thanks, pearlie. You, too, are a 110% peach.

B: pb toast
L: 2 slices pizza, two swiggs pepsi
D: Buffet...turkey sammie on white w/ mayo, cheese and tomatoes
No snack today.

Exercise: bball, dodgeball and walking around for 3 hours in high heels. How many calories do you get for falling down a flight of stairs and not goring anyone with the heel of your "perfect shoe??" :confused3 :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter