TigerCheer2009's Lose 30 and Not Gain It Back Plan! (Add comments please!! Welcome!)

TigerCheer2009

<font color=990099>Random dancing and Xtreme Laund
Started my diet yesterday, working really hard not to go off. 5 ft 3 in. tall and 198 lbs. I'm writing down everything I eat (goal: limit portions and times a day I eat), praying a lot (can't do it alone) trying to exercise (key word: try) and am drinking water like it's going out of style!! Health is what I'm going for!

Measurements:
Tummy 41 inches
Waist 43 inches

B: PB toast, 1 tumbler apple cranberry juice
L: Small pizza, salad, diet coke
D: Pancakes (three small), sausage (two), OJ (one glass)
S: PB apple, water all through the day

My goal: lose weight to cheer better and for WDW! I could really use a few words of encouragement because my weight isn't comin' off! Maybe exercise will help...add comments, please!!!!!!! My weight for my size isn't healthy!

Tiger :cheer2:

Welcome to WISH! :wave:

Congrats for making the decision to do something healthy about your weight. Writing down everything you eat is so helpful, and all that water will keep you super healthy.

Definitely add some exercise--even 5 minutes to start makes a difference!

You can do it! :cheer2:

pearlieq said:
Welcome to WISH! :wave:

Congrats for making the decision to do something healthy about your weight. Writing down everything you eat is so helpful, and all that water will keep you super healthy.

Definitely add some exercise--even 5 minutes to start makes a difference!

You can do it! :cheer2:

Thanks a lot! I'll keep you posted. I walked around (to the library) and "burned" about 18 minutes worth of exercise right there! Thanks for your support!

Hi Tiger!! :wave2:

Welcome to the WISH Journal Board! You'll find lots of helpful advice and support here!

Sounds like you're on the right track. Healthy eating and exercise are definitely the key! ::yes::

Are you following a specific diet or just "eating healthy". There are so many definitions of healthy eating these days. :teeth: Most people either eat low fat or low carb or low calorie. Each one works a bit differently so you have to experiment and figure out what works for your body.

Exercise is truly going to help you. It not only burns calories and helps you slim down, but it makes you stronger and leaner and healthier. It does some other good stuff too, like raising your levels of serotonin (a feel-good hormone) and helping to reduce your appetite.

Drinking water is awesome for so many reasons - glad to hear you're drinking lots!

Praying - I know I can't make it on my own either. If you need a Bible verse to memorize for strength and encouragement, let me know! Sometimes it helps.

Best wishes on your journey to healthy living! :sunny:

DoeWDW said:
Hi Tiger!! :wave2:

Welcome to the WISH Journal Board! You'll find lots of helpful advice and support here!

Sounds like you're on the right track. Healthy eating and exercise are definitely the key! ::yes::

Are you following a specific diet or just "eating healthy". There are so many definitions of healthy eating these days. :teeth: Most people either eat low fat or low carb or low calorie. Each one works a bit differently so you have to experiment and figure out what works for your body.

Exercise is truly going to help you. It not only burns calories and helps you slim down, but it makes you stronger and leaner and healthier. It does some other good stuff too, like raising your levels of serotonin (a feel-good hormone) and helping to reduce your appetite.

Drinking water is awesome for so many reasons - glad to hear you're drinking lots!

Praying - I know I can't make it on my own either. If you need a Bible verse to memorize for strength and encouragement, let me know! Sometimes it helps.

Best wishes on your journey to healthy living! :sunny:

Thanks, Doreen!! :)

To answer your questions, I've tried low-carb (wasn't dedicated enough, missed my carbs!!) and am now just working on snacking less and decreasing portions. I think low calorie could work for me but I am wayy too lazy or busy to try that. If only we could snap our fingers and the weight would be gone...

A Bible verse would be nice. I've been confirmed in my church since fourth grade but have finally found God! :banana: So proud of myself!!!! (must say it took me long enough, but it was after I realized I couldn't control everything anymore!)

Again, thanks to both you and pearlieq!

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! :wave:
You are off to a great start! Cutting out the snacking and controling portions will go along way in the plan to get healthier. Journaling really does help me keep myself aware of what I am eating and when.

Remember, any activity that you do beyond the norm right now would be good. I have walked around my house, danced around the house, and even walked up and down the flight of stairs 3 times before actually going upstairs. (That was tiring, but good).

Good luck on your goals. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thanks for the welcome, Lesli54. I'm going to have to try dancing around my house. I'm also going to try doing push-ups, crunches, stretches, etc. during commercials on TV.

Journal update:
No pizza for lunch, ate at a burger place with family. Had a cheeseburger (only ate half; very proud!!) and a salad with dressing (ate it ALL!! go me!). If I drink any more water, I think it'll come out of my ears!!!!

Plan: pushups (yeah right) and crunches and stretches during CSI tonight, not eat more than three small pancakes at that pancake supper tonight and drink even more water!

I am a work in PROGRESS!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:
WISHers are works in progress, all working to become the person we WISH to!!!!

Go us!

End of the day: Felt good. Only one snack. Walked to the library 18 minutes and on top of that walked 25 when I got really hungry pre-dinner/post-snack! :cheer2: 's for not giving in! I KNOW (underline underline underline) my food choices will, could, should and MUST be better. Tomorrow, let's stick to common sense healthy foods (like grilled chicken and salads with low-fat dressing, not cheeseburgers and and full-fledged dressings). Overall, a 6 for the day! Must go exercise now. I put myself down for 1000 minutes and 43 of them are gone!! Yippee: only 957 minutes left! I THINK I've lost half an inch! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :grouphug: to you all for encouragement!

WISHers=Work In Progress!

Great morning outside. Rainy/drizzle-ish/BLECH! :sad2: An-y-way, I showed great control at the pancake dinner last night! It was one of those all you can eat deals and I only ate three silver dollar pancakes and TWO sausages! Hurray for self-moderation! :cheer2: I think my scale has learned to subtract now, because when I jumped on him this morning, instead of 199 he read 196! (Is it healthy to lose weight that fast?) Oh my holy cow, I've actually lost something! :goodvibes :cool1: :) :cloud9: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I'm also becoming addicted to my exercising. Did about two minutes' worth of pushups during commercials on CSI, and I am going to add those on for today's total!

Breakfast: Cereal, Carb Counter Fruit Cocktail, nectar of the gods (water :))
Lunch: Humungo salad with low-fat dressing, some breadsticks (trying for moderation), and Diet Coke
Dinner: I think it's leftover night, which means like rosemary pork chops, green beans, and I think creamed corn
Snack: Little lunch size can of peaches or a cucumber with low-fat melted cheese and tomato chunks on it! Yum-tastic!

Toodle pip!

Sounds like you are doing well! And most definitely, you should add on those pushups. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Your cucumber, cheese and tomato sounds really good. I will have to try that. Keep up the good work. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

You had a FANTASTIC day yesterday - way to go!!!

In the first days, you'll lose a lot of water weight, so 3 pounds is fine. Enjoy it because within a week you'll be losing at a more reasonable 1-2 pounds a week.

YOU GO, GIRL!!!

Thanks Doreen! It was a great day! How about you? How are you doing?

Thanks, Lesli! That cucumber-cheese-tomato thing is actually very good! You slice a cuke lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, sprink with low-fat mozz. or cheddar, and add chunks of tomato. Then you can microwave it until the cheese is melty, which is yum. If you don't (which is still yum), you can add dressing, eat as is or just tote it around as a portable salad!

This WISH Chick (and y'all too) is on her way!

Edit: Just walked 15 minutes on the treadmill, and then the treadmill broke! Is the Lord trying to tell me to go outside? :angel:

Just had lunch. Walked to my favorite lunch shop (10 mins, 5 each way) and had a HuGe salad and ate it all! (Not a big salad eater over here :wave2: )I didn't do very well with the breadstick moderation. It wasn't bad, but I left three on the plate! :) They were itsy-bitsy though!!!! 1000 workout minutes-(43+20+10+2 from commercial workout)=1000-75=925 exercise minutes left! Aargh..cold and wet/aka no outside exercise today! :sunny:, come BACK! Tomorrow it's going to snow and as for me, I will be going stir-crazy! More exercise I guess (getting boring though!)

Edit again: Went shopping and got a whole bunch of clothes, which I needed. Pork chop thing...didn't happen! Instead I went to an Italian restaurant where I think my eating plan went awry! I had one piece bruschetta, a salad w/ low-fat Italian dressing, one slice of bread with Kalamata Olive-Garlic Butter, water and a few bites of spaghetti and two meatballs (the rest? Sitting in the refrig.). Not doing too good on the weight LOSS; with that meal it was more of a weight GAIN! (Do better tomorrow! You can and you will!)Aargh...am I worrying too much? Did I really do that bad, if I did bad at all? There were no 'good' meat choices unless you wanted it battered and seafood salad only (which I can't stand). I had NO snack today! First time! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Toodles!

Today...self, we are gonna have an AWESOME day! For breakfast, it will be PB toast (two slices) and water. Lunch will be rosemary pork chops and cucumber-cheese-tomato boats, and maybe a little (underline underline underline) spaghetti. Dinner: ?, but will have a meat, starch and a vegetable.

Exercise today... walking around. :sunny: is back and I might even convince my brother to play two-square or something like that. If not, I will walk. I figured out why the treadmill broke: it blew a fuse...and does that if you are on there longer than ten minutes at a time. Hmm... :rolleyes:. Gotta do my 33 minutes a day to meet the challenge! :Pinkbounc I got more in yesterday, about, I don't know, I was gone six hours, went to three stores and dinner. So, that would be about 180 minutes (we were in each store about an hour!!!:)) Total minutes=1000-(180+75)=1000-255= only 745 exercise minutes needed to complete April Challenge!

Weight gain: 200 when I fell asleep, 198 when I woke up? Crazy!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Bye y'all!

Don't beat yourself up about last night, it sounds like you didn't really do that bad. Put it this way, if you were trying to make good choices and you ate less than you normally do, then you are starting to practice good control and that is a big plus in my book. It takes time to build habits and a lifestyle change is done one step at a time. Keep up the good work and you will get there! :banana:

BTW, I never weigh at night because you always weigh more then. Usually, I weigh in the morning before breakfast and I don't do that everyday, because it can drive you crazy. There are many reasons why the scale fluctuates, even when you are doing everything right. If it looks like the scale isn't moving, but your clothes are getting looser, then you know you are still on track. Have a great day! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Lesli54 said:
Don't beat yourself up about last night, it sounds like you didn't really do that bad. Put it this way, if you were trying to make good choices and you ate less than you normally do, then you are starting to practice good control and that is a big plus in my book. It takes time to build habits and a lifestyle change is done one step at a time. Keep up the good work and you will get there! :banana:

BTW, I never weigh at night because you always weigh more then. Usually, I weigh in the morning before breakfast and I don't do that everyday, because it can drive you crazy. There are many reasons why the scale fluctuates, even when you are doing everything right. If it looks like the scale isn't moving, but your clothes are getting looser, then you know you are still on track. Have a great day! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

You have a bunch of great points. The clothes are fitting a bit looser!!!! You're right...it IS better to weigh in the morning! Thanks for the comments, they made me feel better!

Note: just finished lunch: one rosemary pork chop, quarter cup spaghetti (didn't measure, just looks), 2 16-oz mugs of water. Four more minutes of exercise (pillow jumping!!! FUN!). 1000-229=771 more exercise minutes! I should be looking for music to dance to :) Great idea Lesli! Also another milestone: I usually read while I eat. Today, I didn't! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Toodle Pip All!

Just exercised 26 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1000-(229+26)=1000-255= 745 more minutes left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :thewave::thewave::thewave:

Wahoo!

Dinner: small portion of NEW spaghetti, dark leafy greens and low-fat mozza. cheese, one slice Texas Toast, milk and an apple! :cool1: :flower: :cool1: :flower: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Got out and enjoyed the sun today!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow looks v. v. busy, so better outline my plan NOW before I forget!

B:Waffle, :banana: and milk
L: A salad or plated lunch depending on what l :earseek: ks good and water w/ lemon
D:hopefully Subway (turkey or cold cut trio with cheese, mayo, lettuce, and tomato) and a salad w/ lots of water.
Gym workout and babysitting (kids play soccer and baseball!!!) will give me my 33!

Toodles all!

You're lookin' good, Tiger!!

I have a quick suggestion, though. When you eat your waffle & milk for breakfast, try to notice when you get hungry again. I've found that if I eat a meal of mainly carbs and no protein, I get hungry pretty quickly, which can lead to some serious snacking.

Best wishes for your busy Monday! :sunny:

Look at you knock off that exercise! :banana: Great job! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter