For an unused ticket/voucher? I'm sure it's technically a "placeholder" date required by the technology, but the reality is they sold you a ticket with no expiration date so short of WDW closing they will need to honor it regardless of whatever the technology puts in as a placeholder expiration. However, the longer you wait to use it, the more likely that it won't be exactly what you originally purchased simply because of the changes that occur over time. If this is an AP voucher, it likely will activate in the form of whatever AP is current - which as many have found is different than the product purchased 2-3 years ago.

Thanks for your informative reply! I can definitely see (and we are already seeing) their product change as time goes by. I bought four Platinum Plus vouchers before the pandemic and I'm definitely OK with the equivalent / maybe highest tier AP available in the future.

I currently have the incredipass AP. I know I can renew even with annual pass sales frozen, but will they allow me to renew to a lower tier pass? I won’t need incredipass again so I would like to renew it as sorcer

I currently have the incredipass AP. I know I can renew even with annual pass sales frozen, but will they allow me to renew to a lower tier pass? I won’t need incredipass again so I would like to renew it as sorcer
Yes, you can renew to any level of AP that you’re eligible to buy, and you’ll pay the renewal price for that AP.

Any season pass news? I’m assuming no cause I read last 2 pages and figured if they were back up everyone would be posting like mad. Oh well back to bed till the summer for me. Sad. Very sad.

Is it still possible to upgrade a ticket to a pass if the ticket that is being upgraded was used on dates that were blacked out for the pass? Example if I purchase a resident 4 day ticket on a week that is blocked out for the pixie pass, could I upgrade on the last day to the pixie pass? I know it was possible pre pandemic but not sure of the current status.

Bonus question: Does anyone know how the ticket would be valued if park hopper and/or genie+ is added to the entire ticket? Would the value of those be added into the ticket value at upgrade. I know they used to include the value of park hopper but we didn't have to worry about genie+ in the past.

I just opted for a call back from WDW in order to reactivate/upgrade our tickets. Wait time on the line was 120 minutes. Do they actually call you back? LOL

Is it still possible to upgrade a ticket to a pass if the ticket that is being upgraded was used on dates that were blacked out for the pass?
No. When WDW restarted AP sales (briefly) last fall, they closed the loophole that had allowed a ticket to be used and then upgraded to an AP that blocked out a date used. So if you want to upgrade to AP, be sure not to use your ticket on a block-out date for the AP you want.

Bonus question: Does anyone know how the ticket would be valued if park hopper and/or genie+ is added to the entire ticket?
Hopper will definitely count into the value of the ticket for the upgrade. Good question about Genie+. It may depend on whether you've used the ticket or not. Genie+ is actually an additional service tied to your ticket, but not actually a ticket/admission entitlement.

Hi. I booked a vacation package last fall for this coming May. The package includes several nights at one of the onsite resorts and two park hopper passes for my fiancée and me. I also have two no-expiration date tickets and she has one.

Since I bought a package deal, I wanted to make sure our no-expiration date tickets did get days taken off of them. I had linked those tickets to our magic bands when we originally planned this trip way back in 2020, and weren't planning to do a package deal.

I went into "My MagicBands and Cards" yesterday and deactivated our no-expiration date tickets, but when I went back in this afternoon to check on something, this is what I found:

I checked her account and the ticket I deactivated for her was also listed as lost. I thought maybe I clicked something wrong, so I reported both tickets as found, and they again showed up as Activated. I then very deliberately clicked "Deactivate" and exited the site. When I re-entered the site, I saw the same thing as before - my second ticket and her only ticket were both listed as Lost again.

I don't know what the ramifications are, if any, of leaving the tickets listed as Lost until after our trip (which would be about 6 weeks from now). I don't want to risk losing them. Is there a timeframe after which Disney simply deletes "Lost" tickets?

I wanted to make sure our no-expiration date tickets did get days taken off of them.

You will need to do is stop at Guest Relations or a ticket window and have your package tickets "prioritized" to be used this trip.

I think what you did was deactivate the physical hard ticket card, which only means you can't use that card to enter the parks. You can use another card, or a MagicBand or the MyMagicMobile app -- any of these will access any ticket in your MDE account. They are interchangeable. It's akin to having multiple spare keys to your house, any will open the front door even if you lose one or throw one away.

You will need to do is stop at Guest Relations or a ticket window and have your package tickets "prioritized" to be used this trip.

I think what you did was deactivate the physical hard ticket card, which only means you can't use that card to enter the parks. You can use another card, or a MagicBand or the MyMagicMobile app -- any of these will access any ticket in your MDE account. They are interchangeable. It's akin to having multiple spare keys to your house, any will open the front door even if you lose one or throw one away.
OK, thank you. I will take a list with us of the ticket numbers I DON'T want to use on our trip and stop at Guest Services before entering one of the parks for the first time. Do you think I will need to do this each day we go to a park, or just the first day?

Do you think I will need to do this each day we go to a park, or just the first day?
It should carry forward once priority is set, but unfortunately sometimes things happen. Keep an eye on it in MDE each day after you enter; it'll be much easier to get corrected onsite than after you get home.

Just had 4 July 2020 magic your way tickets converted to July 2022 regular tickets for 408.00!! Ouch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter