My AP expires on a day that deluxe guest evening hours at MK extend until 1 am. I’m staying at a deluxe resort. I know my pass will work until midnight. But will it work that last hour? Or will I not be able to get in a new line after midnight? Not a huge deal to me, but I did want to know in advance!

My AP expires on a day that deluxe guest evening hours at MK extend until 1 am. I’m staying at a deluxe resort. I know my pass will work until midnight. But will it work that last hour? Or will I not be able to get in a new line after midnight? Not a huge deal to me, but I did want to know in advance!
It's valid until the last park has closed for that business day. Even if that is after midnight.

It doesn’t matter. The credit value will be what Disney sold the same ticket online on the date you bought from UT. If there has been a price increase since then, it won’t be “current” price.
Ok I have a 5 day base pass bought in 2015 and unused- (from UT) so to upgrade, I'd buy the actual AP,not a voucher correct? And that start date would be the date I first use the ticket- so how much would I be charged to upgrade to AP in this instance? I have no idea of the cost of this ticket (I wish I had more of them to use lol)

I’m not an expert on this but I believe they can determine what you paid for that ticket and you will pay the difference in cost between your chosen new ticket and amount already paid. Experts, speak up!

Also, I’m not sure there is much difference between the voucher and the AP unless you bypass the voucher by buying at the park.

Oh, I also have some Old passes from 2004 ( I have 4 of them) that originally had 10 day non expire plus a bunch of "extras" on them- I believe we used up all the actual park days on these, and each ticket (paper style) still has 3 days of extras on each one..... would I need to go to GS to get them onto a plastic card now? I wrote myself a note back when I stored these, so I know I had them left at the time, I'm guessing I should check to see if I still have any entitlements left on them at GS? And if they do, is it valid for a waterpark or mini golf? (back when we used them I think we used them at Disneyquest)

Ok I have a 5 day base pass bought in 2015 and unused- (from UT) so to upgrade, I'd buy the actual AP,not a voucher correct? And that start date would be the date I first use the ticket- so how much would I be charged to upgrade to AP in this instance? I have no idea of the cost of this ticket (I wish I had more of them to use lol)

The first post of this same thread includes some links for older tickets to determine the value. A 2015 ticket will be granted 2016 pricing as the value. A 5-day base adult ticket looks to be $362.10. Your upgrade cost will be the difference between that and the current AP cost.

Whether the AP is a voucher or active depends on whether you plan to use it to enter the parks immediately or hold it for a future date. If you hold it, it must be activated within 1 year of purchase or you'll need to pay to upgrade to then-current AP prices.

Oh, I also have some Old passes from 2004 ( I have 4 of them) that originally had 10 day non expire plus a bunch of "extras" on them- I believe we used up all the actual park days on these, and each ticket (paper style) still has 3 days of extras on each one..... would I need to go to GS to get them onto a plastic card now?

Yes, you can take them to Guest Relations to get them added to your MDE. Assuming your accounting is accurate, they can be used for any of the "plus" options:
  • waterpark
  • mini-golf (before 4pm)
  • foot-golf
  • oak trail 9-hole golf
  • or ESPN WWoS (which is little value unless you are actually attending an event, and most now have special pricing so the "plus" option doesn't work)

The first post of this same thread includes some links for older tickets to determine the value. A 2015 ticket will be granted 2016 pricing as the value. A 5-day base adult ticket looks to be $362.10. Your upgrade cost will be the difference between that and the current AP cost.

Whether the AP is a voucher or active depends on whether you plan to use it to enter the parks immediately or hold it for a future date. If you hold it, it must be activated within 1 year of purchase or you'll need to pay to upgrade to then-current AP prices.
Thank you! I had looked at that, just wasn't sure of the 2015 numbers- so if I plan to use the ticket ,then that means I'd be getting an active AP? I can't use the ticket for 5 days, then upgrade on the last to a voucher,right?

Yes, you can take them to Guest Relations to get them added to your MDE. Assuming your accounting is accurate, they can be used for any of the "plus" options:
  • waterpark
  • mini-golf (before 4pm)
  • foot-golf
  • oak trail 9-hole golf
  • or ESPN WWoS (which is little value unless you are actually attending an event, and most now have special pricing so the "plus" option doesn't work)
thanks! I have no idea what foot golf is but I'll look it up!

Thank you! I had looked at that, just wasn't sure of the 2015 numbers- so if I plan to use the ticket ,then that means I'd be getting an active AP? I can't use the ticket for 5 days, then upgrade on the last to a voucher,right?
You can wait and upgrade the old ticket on the 5th day but the AP won't be a voucher, it'll be an active AP back-dated to the first day you used the older ticket. If you won't be back for a while you might want to consider whether upgrading the old ticket is worthwhile, or just use it as-is for the current trip.

You can wait and upgrade the old ticket on the 5th day but the AP won't be a voucher, it'll be an active AP back-dated to the first day you used the older ticket. If you won't be back for a while you might want to consider whether upgrading the old ticket is worthwhile, or just use it as-is for the current trip.
Do you mean back dating to the date used presumably in 2015 or to the first day of the new five day ticket? If the former, that effectively means you cannot update to an AP.

I'm going to be at WDW from June 16 to 22. 16th is first park day. Then I move to Universal for Week 2. But then Tiana's opens the last day I'm in Florida on the 28th so I have to be in MK that day and get the VQ spot. Is there a better cheaper ticket method than just getting a 1 day MK ticket for the 28th and a 5 or 6 day Park Hopper while I'm on property?

exactly- thanks for the info- I don't think it'll be worthwhile to upgrade to an AP with this oldie but goodie ticket..... for ticket upgrade ,it's the same? cost of ticket from 2016,to calculate adding any days now?

I purchased conference-priced tickets when attending a conference held at Disney. Due to unexpected events we were not able to use them during the actual conference. However the tickets show an expiry date of Jan 14,2026 to be used.

I'm not sure I will be able to make it back by then. Will Disney allow me to apply those tickets towards new tickets that could be used beyond Jan 14, 2026?

I purchased conference-priced tickets when attending a conference held at Disney. Due to unexpected events we were not able to use them during the actual conference. However the tickets show an expiry date of Jan 14,2026 to be used.

I'm not sure I will be able to make it back by then. Will Disney allow me to apply those tickets towards new tickets that could be used beyond Jan 14, 2026?
You should be able to get a credit for price-paid to use for a regular date-based ticket. However tickets for 2026 are not available for a while yet — that’s 18+ months out still. You may want to call and confirm. Make note of ticket number(s) and value.

Hi! I’m thinking of getting an AP and have been researching the bridging option to save as much money as possible, but there’s still a piece of the puzzle I’m missing. Let’s say I want to go for one day next week, but instead of buying a one day ticket I buy a 9 or 10 day ticket from UT because those are the best value. If I call to upgrade beforehand, or try to do it on-site on my one day, I’m not bound in any way to use-or-lose the remaining days of the ticket because the AP takes effect immediately, right? If they upgraded over the phone I wouldn’t even need to go for the dates I bought the ticket for, it would just be activated on my next park visit? I want to do one day in June, but planning around visiting a sick grandfather so that timing is up in the air and takes preference.

Hi! I’m thinking of getting an AP and have been researching the bridging option to save as much money as possible, but there’s still a piece of the puzzle I’m missing. Let’s say I want to go for one day next week, but instead of buying a one day ticket I buy a 9 or 10 day ticket from UT because those are the best value. If I call to upgrade beforehand, or try to do it on-site on my one day, I’m not bound in any way to use-or-lose the remaining days of the ticket because the AP takes effect immediately, right? If they upgraded over the phone I wouldn’t even need to go for the dates I bought the ticket for, it would just be activated on my next park visit? I want to do one day in June, but planning around visiting a sick grandfather so that timing is up in the air and takes preference.
Correct. Your date based ticket will convert as soon as you upgrade. The AP will be activated the first time you tap into a park, and that date matters bc it will be set as your renewal/expiry date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter