Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Good Evening :wave:

Mornings have been so busy for me lately so I haven’t had much DIS time.

Candy - OMG….I ❤️ candy! But rarely eat it.

#1 - M&Ms - My first DQ Blizzard back when they first came out was an m&m one and I remember it like yesterday.

#2 - Sour Patch Kids - I started eating these when I would do long road trips for softball tournaments. I liked to suck on them until that sour stuff would almost start burning the roof of my mouth and tongue. The girls would make so much fun of me - LOL!

#3 - M&Ms again - A long time ago, over 25 years ago, I bought a big bag of m&ms and snuck them into the movie theater. We always sit on top in the last top row. I had the hardest time getting it open. I tried and tried until the bag ripped open and m&ms went everywhere. You could hear them falling everywhere like hail hitting the driveway. I was so aggravated, but we also laughed so hard

Packages! I sincerely appreciate the dedication and hard work of all delivery people extra these days that is for sure.

Dad and I sure use Kleenex all the time.

Jell-O Instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding in the smaller 3.9oz box is a tasty treat. As are packets of my favorite hot chocolate.

Years ago, I remember reading a children's book called Christina Katerina and the Box. I belueve it was about how a clever little girl used her imagination to have a wonderful time with a big box an appliance for her home had arrived in.

Wishing all of you dear friends a Happy Wednesday:grouphug:

First and foremost, as this is the Gratitude Thread, a huge THANK YOU to @flyingdumbo127 !! The package with the activity/sticker books for the Resident 7 year old arrived late yesterday. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! <3 This is the first week of summer vacation, there are no scheduled day camps/programs so he is home but whoever is with him is working from home, and it's beastly hot so he can't go outdoors. Those sticker books are going to be a lifesaver today! Mona, thank you so much for your kindness, your support, your generosity with your time (and your dad's) to be thinking of us in this way!

Now, on to Box Day!

Cats!! My cats adored boxes, and given the option of a soft, comfy cat bed or a tiny box, they'd choose the box every time!

Those interesting boxes with the smile on the side. It means my Amazon order is here!! We don't do Prime, so often I'm waiting for a couple of different orders, so it's always a surprise when I open one of these!

Kraft Dinner, or Noodle Roni shells with cheese. I know, cop-out for dinner, but they are quick, easy, don't involve heating up the kitchen, and are somewhat of a comfort food. What's not to appreciate?

Bonus- pizza!!! Which could be pizza, calzones, or cheesy garlic breadsticks. Doesn't matter, when I see the box I know there's some sort of goodness inside!

Good Morning! :wave:

It’s hot hot hot here and I’m loving it. This is my favorite type of weather :beach:

#1 - Cereal - I love my cereal!

#2 - Soliel - I love drinking this sparkling water this time of year (the cans come in a box)

#3 - Presents - I love putting people’s gifts in boxes so I can wrap them. I prefer this over gift bags.

1. The two boxes that arrived yesterday- We’re up in Oklahoma for the rest of this week for softball and college orientation. I had a couple of last minute Amazon orders where I paid for next morning delivery.

2. Old safe deposit boxes- I used to go with my mom and grandparents to the bank when I was a young kid. Sometimes they’d just be getting documents and financial stuff, but it always felt like going through a pirate’s chest of treasures when it was a jewelry day before or after a special event. They also keep things safe.

3. Boom boxes - This used to be my primary means of music…especially in my college years. It had good sound in an easily portable package.

My Chewy order !! Less lifting and lugging just dragging my 80 lbs of dog food through the house to the pantry

My Target 🎯 order - too hot 🥵 to get in the car and do order pickup too dangerous to walk in the store 💰🤑🤑 so I choose ship it to me when I can !! Safer for my pocketbook 🤣🤣

Boxes in general - I’m at that age - that’s a good box I should keep it I might need this !! Only good boxes with lids - put some contact paper on them and they are now nice storage boxes !! Or if your getting rid of things the boxes without lids great for hauling away your stuff !! Otherwise I recycle my boxes 📦

Love boxes I may have a box issues - a tiny one but don’t tell anyone 😳🤣🤣 very grateful for boxes

Dear Lee, you are most welcome. Blessing is mine. May all of you truly have a healthy, safe, and happy summer. Out here some churches have started day camps. Kiddos definitely get "bored," quickly. I hope he enjoys the activity books. One thing for certain is how blessed by God he is to have you and vice versa :)

Dad gets Soliel as he also enjoys flavored water. I'm glad you like it, too. Plain, regular, water for me :)

Dear Trigger Tigger, how cool that you have a copy of Christina Katerina! I hope you find your copy and it brings you cheet to reread.

Dear WDWEPCOT, dad and I got a Target box last week. We both are sure grateful to them for delivery. Thankful you are able to also order from Target. As an fyi to you and everyone on this lovely thread, dad and I keep an eye out for when Target offers a $15 Target Store gift card when you spend $50 on Household Items. Up and Up (Target Store Brand) Antibacterial hand wipes, something we go through so quickly are included as are paper goods such as Kleenex and some cleaning items. $50 is a ton of money for us especially at one time. When we are close to that amount anyway it sure is a great deal. Also, remember to add your birthday to your Target Circle account to get an extra 5% off your purchase for a month during your birthday. Happy shopping and saving to all!

I believe it was about how a clever little girl used her imagination to have a wonderful time with a big box an appliance for her home had arrived in.
That brings back a fun memory from when DS and the neighbor kids made a rocket ship out of one here. 🚀 Thanks for sharing!

I second "the Chewy box" as well

And am adding:
Memory boxes - so fun to look through old stuff and reminisce!

Catching up. Had Mohs surgery yesterday so I was trying to rest and keep my head as still as I could. Not easy! Luckily, I only needed one surgery and he got it all. Recovery, a few challenges, but all should be well in a week.

Candy: except for the 1 Werthers hard candy I have immediately after dinner, candy is no longer part of my life.

Candy memories: So many! My mom would not allow candy in the house (but she had a Hershey’s chocolate bar hidden in the kitchen cabinet), so I looked forward to going to the movies on Saturdays and buying my favorites: Jujubes, milk duds, and caramels. On Sundays, walking home from church, I would buy rock candy and those little wax bottles of sweetness, and the dots on paper.
My mom knew that I didn’t like jelly beans, so my Easter basket always had a bunch of M&M’s-my absolute favorite candy!

Boxes: memories of our cats playing in boxes. We always left a few around for them to play in.
Ever since the pandemic, I still get so happy when my Charmin or Bounty boxes are on my front step.
My DGD loves boxes, just like a cat! Here’s a picture that you might enjoy of her and my DH from a couple of years ago.
IMG_0907.jpeg

Good Thursday Morning! :wave:

I love summer - it’s my favorite time of year ☀️😎
It’ll be hard to keep it at just three.

#1 - Pool Time - This is one of my most favorite things to do and I finally get to do it today. I’m hoping to float for about 5 hours today. I can hardly wait to read my book, listen to my relaxing music and soak up the sun - I just love it!

#2 - Sitting Outside - I have a front and back deck both set up for sitting. We just got the back deck set up with furniture & a TV so we can watch TV out there (I especially love this at night). I love not being cooped up in the house.

#3 - Farmer’s Markets and Festivals - We love going to Farmer’s Markets and some festivals, especially festivals with crafters. They are always fun to go to,

Long days of daylight !!!
Warm weather - no snow or ice
Flowers 🌼 Trees have leaves - things don’t look bare and dead
It’s not the season of the glitter holidays !!! Where every decoration is covered in glitter like Halloween & Christmas
Sadly stores are putting out Halloween & Christmas merchandise already too soon !!! Although I purchased some really neat Halloween items yesterday 🤣🤣
Now car full of glitter 🤣🤣

More time in evening to do things or projects or sit and watch wildlife 🦌🐇

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter