Three Things...Gratitude Thread

View attachment 869638

Today's Topic (Thu, 6/20) - 3 things you're grateful for about summer
Thanks for the topic.

1 My university age daughters are home filling the house with laughter and chatter
2 Golf any time and all the time work and family allowing
3 Summertime foods: hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, strawberries, iced tea, lemonade, etc.

Summer...
I teach at a University so during the summer (once summer session finishes up), my time is much freer and I have far fewer responsibilities!

Vacation! Because both DH and I are tied to an academic schedule, we can't vacation whenever we want. Summer is when we spend most of our vacation time, with a week or two at a cottage by the ocean, visiting my sister/BIL in NOLA for a week, spending time visiting other relatives. Although we travel during the year, it sure is nice to be able to take longer vacations!

Grilling. Most nights, supper in the summer is protein on the grill and a salad. Not too much fuss, not too much mess, easy clean up, and tasty food!

@bluecastle prayers for a speedy recovery! That’s so good that they were able to get it all in this one. I’ve heard MOHS is so much better than going through an excision.

1. Travel ball without all of the hurdles of travel during the school year.

2. Getting away for longer periods …I feel trapped if I stay around home for too long. I need longer trips to really recharge.

3. Summer birthdays…DD17 and I have summer birthdays.

Good Morning:grouphug:

Amen to long days of daylight and warmer weather too. God willing that by the end of this summer I am completely back to normal from feet trouble.

Positive memories of kids at church camps.

I picture I have that's faded of my beloved late grandpa in a rubber boat and young teen me alongside him in our pool. We lived in a house with a pool for a few years when I was in 8th grade.

PollyannaMom: I knew that I was going to watch one complete Disney movie yesterday while resting and while my DH was at his sister’s funeral in NJ. For some reason, my inner voice said, Pollyanna. And I am so glad that I listened! I remembered every little detail that I loved about that movie. It’s when I became fascinated with Hayley Mills (her accent!), rainbows, all those dresses! (store-bought), and of course, the Glad Game. I think I needed that reminder most of all. As an adult, I was even more impressed by Karl Malden’s acting. And Agnes Morehead too. I even looked it up on wikipedia and found out that in the book, Aunt Polly and Dr. Chilton get married and Pollyanna goes to a hospital and learns to walk again. I really needed to know that she ended up ok! Anyhow, if seeing your name everyday planted the seed to watch it, I wanted to thank you.

Summer: good topic because there are so many things I don’t like (heat, humidity, bugs) that it helps to focus on the positive.

When I was working my big 3 were: sleeping late, not having a schedule, and being able to read without falling asleep! Now that I’m retired I guess I may take those things for granted.

Summer birthdays: my DD and DGD’s
Summer fruit
Memories of summer music on the radio and hanging out at the beach. (I grew up on LI and a trip to the beach was about 15-20 minutes away!) I heard Whiter Shade of Pale yesterday and remembered a beach trip when my parents’ friend said, That’s Bach! I also remember hearing Light My Fire almost every day. Summer music memories are the best!

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. I really appreciate them as I sit and wait for my doctor to call me back after sending him a photo of how the healing is going. I may have to go back and get re-bandaged, or just give it more time. thanks again!

BOXES
Jaffa Cakes
JIgsaw Puzzles
Delivery Boxes
Tissue Boxes

SUMMER
Everywhere is greener
Summer Fruits
Summer music (especially from teenage summers!)
Relaxed, light evenings
...And it's quicker to go out - no time taken wrapping up in layers. (Well, usually! June has been unusually cold this year,even had the central heating on a couple of times. )

TGIF :cool1:

#1 - Our Cars - I’m very grateful that we are blessed with good and reliable cars.

#2 - Our Kitchen Chairs - I like having kitchen chairs with wheels

#3 - Our New TV Stand - Very glad that the TV stand for our outside TV has wheels. Makes it easy for me to move it every night to put under the gazebo to protect it from rain.

I'm so glad dear WDWEPCOT:hug:

:grouphug:Good Morning also to all of you kind friends :)

Grace of God I sure have been extra grateful for my walker as it helps me recover daily.

Dad and I are blessed to have two safe cars.

By this recliner chair I have a small wooden storage cart with a drawer on door with shelf from Ikea on wheels that has been so handy!

1. Cars - We live in a small town and basically have to drive everywhere. So thankful for our cars to get us around!

2. Luggage - So thankful that we don't have to carry our suitcases everywhere anymore!

3. DH's wheel - he runs the lawn care department at our company so uses this wheel to walk and measure lawns. We end up using it to measure other things too. When he retires, we'll probably have to buy one to have at home lol!

Wheels:
All the Subarus we’ve owned over the years, especially my 2004 (still running) that very possibly saved our DD’s life when she was a new driver.

The wheels on my storage containers which make them much easier to move around.

A sentimental choice, my first “wheels” that I bought with my own money, a 1971 VW bug. I learned to drive a stick shift the day I bought it. :)

Rental van- we’re going on 3 weeks of my vehicle being in the shop for all of the tree damage repairs. DHs brand new truck is also in the shop because the CEL came on and nobody can figure out why. His loaner is a tiny Jeep that has all kinds of restrictions. So the rental minivan I was put in has been a real blessing.

Wagon wheels- I think nearly every sport parent has a wagon. Ours helps us with everything from chairs and bleacher seats to mini coolers and fans.

Barn door wheels- I love the look and love that we have doors on wheels. The master has a traditional wooden barn door and one of the glass shower doors is barn door style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter