thoughts on VMK In Game Moderation...

If you're reading this VMK, anytime a mother has to ask an online community about whether a Disney game is safe for her child, you have a problem. Just think about that and consider some of our ideas and suggestions :thumbsup2 .

-CapElDano

You can go one further and say that any time a parent decides that a Disney game is UNSAFE for their child, they have a problem.

I did decide that VMK is less safe, than say, Runescape, for my 10 year old child. And there is SWORD FIGHTING in Runescape.

5. Do something with the CL program. Right now, the CL program does absolutely nothing. They have no authority over other players, and some actually do more harm than good by using their title to scam people. If VMK does decide to keep the program, give the CLs more power and extensively watch those applying for CL positions to make sure they can responsibly handle the position. If VMK decides to lose the CL program, that would level the playing field for all players as far as titles go, and would keep bad CLs from bullying other players.

There are a few good points there. When we're given the responsibility of
being a CL, there isn't any type of outline given to us about what we're
supposed to do, so we just play it by ear. But if you see a CL doing the
things you're suggesting (and I haven't seen a CL abuse his/her status to
scam or bully others), please report them via Contact Us "Leave Feedback
about a Community Leader" ASAP. Not only should these players lose their
leader status, if they exhibit that behavior, they should be banned from VMK.

And ditto for me with the others who thought your closing statement was
a zinger. :thumbsup2

I'm not going to share what I witnessed last night but it seriously has me wondering if I will let my daughter continue in VMK. It was the worst I've seen and had predator written all over it. It took VMK a couple of reports just from me to get him out of VMK.

I have a lot of thinking to do and I know my daughter will be devastated if I take VMK away from her because she I believe is one of the good players. But I wonder if after what I witnessed, I can in good conscience let her continue to play there. :( What I witnessed is haunting me.....

Wow, what a shame, and to think I have a character created for my granddaughter to use when she is a little older...

Too bad a few bad apples have to spoil everthing for the rest of us. Sure hope VMK is reading this thread..

You can go one further and say that any time a parent decides that a Disney game is UNSAFE for their child, they have a problem.

I did decide that VMK is less safe, than say, Runescape, for my 10 year old child. And there is SWORD FIGHTING in Runescape.

Cap well said!!

And this I agree with as well. You could say it that way. I know I am being to see that City of Heroes is alot safer for my 9yr old and 5yr old to play then VMK is. Things are filtered and the chat can be turned off and they don't have to play with others there which is nice. Any its fighting as superheros but hey its alot safer then VMK is at this point. They aren't subject to the things that I have been seeing in VMK from those on here or seen for my own eyes in VMK. And isn't it sad when parents start saying that a Disney game that was made to be safe for kids is NOT safe compared to some MMO games out there?:sad2:

what is City opf Heroes? Please send me a PM and let me know.

For the record, I dont let him play Runescape just now either.

But we do have Toontown, which I like and he likes and I just got GameKingdom (formerly Disney's Blast!) for him to play

what is City opf Heroes? Please send me a PM and let me know.

For the record, I dont let him play Runescape just now either.

But we do have Toontown, which I like and he likes and I just got GameKingdom (formerly Disney's Blast!) for him to play

City of Heroes/Villians was an MMO wherein you would create your hero/villian and go on assorted adventures of justice or evil, depending on the game you got.

City of Heroes/Villians was an MMO wherein you would create your hero/villian and go on assorted adventures of justice or evil, depending on the game you got.

Exactly. I think my kids though are more into creating them sometimes then playing them. LOL And we do have Toontown too. Which is what we started them playing with first. I really think Toontown is probably the safest game for kids. They can't just use the friend chat (whatever its called) that you need the user name and password for. And speedchat gets you through the game enough to do what you need, ask for help, help others and such. I will pm you more about the other game though.

I totally agree with the in-game moderation idea. Being scammed feels so bad! When one of my family members got scammed, I felt so horrible for them, and even though they are only virtual items, it takes all of the magic out of the game!:sad2:

I agree with Mal on this one, I have seen too many people being banned for a reason unknown too them, too many people still walking around when they should not be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter