The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 3.0

That has been our experience post mid morning but at our last stay for rope drop they were confirming that people in line were staying at GC/VGC.
There have definitely been times when they had people on Disneyland Drive telling people they couldn’t go into the Grand Cal to enter Downtown Disney or DCA unless they are staying at Grand Cal or have a dining reservation.

I’ve never seen people enter the lobby and then cut through the VGC wing to get to the private walkway…. but it could happen. I would imagine that if it became prevalent they would start to enforce that as well.

They need to let people paying $1000 a night there have a lighter security line and entrance experience to maintain that premium.

They are never too particular about exiting the park, it’s more about entering it.

There have definitely been times when they had people on Disneyland Drive telling people they couldn’t go into the Grand Cal to enter Downtown Disney or DCA unless they are staying at Grand Cal or have a dining reservation.

I’ve never seen people enter the lobby and then cut through the VGC wing to get to the private walkway…. but it could happen. I would imagine that if it became prevalent they would start to enforce that as well.

They need to let people paying $1000 a night there have a lighter security line and entrance experience to maintain that premium.

They are never too particular about exiting the park, it’s more about entering it.
Filling my survey out today and adding this tid bit.

As I understood you all have to enter the park then it’s Wild West. Thats why my plan is to go down early then come back up to the room, but I guess that means I have to wrangle everyone up to enter the park then we can all go back to the room? lol
Yes, you need to at least get everybody scanned and through the closest entrance before you can start selecting LLs. We typically try to get everybody in within an hour of park opening (not rope drop people), then grab coffee/breakfast and start getting dressed for the day, but beware the obvious hazard: you get in the park, realize lines across Pixar Pier are less than 20m and at least one member of your party wants to tag Incredicoaster and TSM before you've even had any caffiene.
Ll first thing indy is a relative good bet too. Matterhorn a close second
Are you suggesting that IJ/Matterhorn often become multiexperience passes early in the day? As a non-rope-drop person, I hadn't noticed. :) Also, can you book them that early if your first park is DCA? Since we don't get up early, I haven't actually had to think about park hopping restrictions.
Please report back. We are planning on going next May.
Did you use any specific planning guides? I would love to pick your brain a bit.
I've been to Tokyo Disney a few times and stayed at MiraCosta twice-- happy to answer questions if I can but I don't think MC is a better location than DCA (at least in the AM) because they force you to leave the hotel and wind around in a huge line for early entry (I am a rope dropper if I get a 6+ hour time change, lol)-- you need to be there at least 45m before early rope drop if you want to be in the first 100 people in line (otherwise you're waiting out in the sun for at least the first 5-10m of EE)-- and then when you do get in, be aware that almost no food and beverage options are open for early hours or the first regular hour and the ones that are open have crazy long lines. Anyway, it's a bit offtopic for this thread, but there's a forum for overseas parks and feel free to tag me there if you have more Qs. :)

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest