The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Napa Rose is very nice, but they go on our bad list when the waiter forced us to order off the adult menu for our 9-year old 2 years ago…. we spent well over $1k on that meal with 3 adults doing the tasting menu with wine pairing…. haven’t been back since… Carthay/Blue Bayou/C33…. no issues anywhere else….
They have a kids menu, but wouldn’t let you or they don’t have one? (or it’s for even younger, or..?)

They have a kids menu, but wouldn’t let you or they don’t have one? (or it’s for even younger, or..?)
I believe they said it was for under 9 and would not budge. So we decided that while we had a nice meal that we didn’t need to go back… and we would usually go at least 1x per year…my wife is still ticked off about it to this day…..

My youngest is 10 now, but still likes kids menu options and portions…. No other establishment has given us any issues.

Napa Rose is very nice, but they go on our bad list when the waiter forced us to order off the adult menu for our 9-year old 2 years ago…. we spent well over $1k on that meal with 3 adults doing the tasting menu with wine pairing…. haven’t been back since… Carthay/Blue Bayou/C33…. no issues anywhere else….
Yeah, we definitely won't be going to Napa Rose anytime soon. Our son is extremely picky and we really struggle on vacations with that. We already waste so much food (and money) trying to get him to eat at non-expensive places. I don't need to do this at an expensive place too.

Are we allowed to post a link to www.dvcstore.com here? And if so, please go to their Instagram or Facebook page and vote for VGC. This is very disappointing to see.... 😭🤣

Attachments

• VGCvote.jpg
    VGCvote.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 22

I believe they said it was for under 9 and would not budge. So we decided that while we had a nice meal that we didn’t need to go back… and we would usually go at least 1x per year…my wife is still ticked off about it to this day…..

My youngest is 10 now, but still likes kids menu options and portions…. No other establishment has given us any issues.
It does seem weird that any place won’t let people order from the kids menu. It’s supposed to be about portion size isn’t it?

In those instances, just order a side salad or something that nets them much less money… or maybe even just extra bread. lol

Hope that tip was adjusted accordingly. That waiter didn't take care of you.

That kids menu issue at the Napa Rose is really annoying. I'm usually quite deferential and easy going with waitstaff but I would have just gotten up and left. For my kids, they basically only eat standard kid food despite almost being 10 and 12 but are exceptionally well mannered at nice restaurants. I may just make it a point to go there next time and test it out.

That kids menu issue at the Napa Rose is really annoying. I'm usually quite deferential and easy going with waitstaff but I would have just gotten up and left. For my kids, they basically only eat standard kid food despite almost being 10 and 12 but are exceptionally well mannered at nice restaurants. I may just make it a point to go there next time and test it out.
We had family that drove up from Southern OC to eat with us and they were excited to be going to Napa Rose…. so that complicated the dynamics.

Every other aspect of the meal was wonderful.

If you do this, report back and let us know. Even though I have no plans to eat there...I'm still curious if this is their actual policy or if it was just a server being weird about it.

We had family that drove up from Southern OC to eat with us and they were excited to be going to Napa Rose…. so that complicated the dynamics.
That would definitely change how I'd approach it as well. You made the right call not drawing other people into dynamics they likely would want no part of.

Same. Once in a blue moon, I've tipped 15% at a restaurant, but it was just when our server essentially disappeared for most of our meal. In general, I try to give grace since I never know what the person's story is.

I've only left no tip once and it was when I was 17 in NYC. My brother and I had dinner at a restaurant next to the Essex House. The busboy brought us water and then the waiter took our food/drink orders. Busboy brought our food (no drinks) an hour later and we didn't see the waiter until he brought our check almost thirty minutes after that. I paid for what we got and left nothing for tip. The waiter started shouting at me in front of the restaurant and I responded with a terse explanation of what tipping is for and why he was not getting a cent.

Last edited:
We own at both, and it’s definitely a tough call! We’d probably go with VGC as it’s a crazy short drive for us as opposed to BCV being quite the flight(s) investment since we refuse to fly out of LAX.
Check Southwest out of Long Beach (or maybe something closer to you). I flew from Sacramento to MCO for $170 round trip. one stop in Austin, which was great place to layover for lunch. ;)

Napa Rose (and Victoria and Albert's) is not the same since the pandemic. The food is no longer good enough to justify the cost.

Check Southwest out of Long Beach (or maybe something closer to you). I flew from Sacramento to MCO for $170 round trip. one stop in Austin, which was great place to layover for lunch. ;)

Yes! Our go-tos are LGB, SNA, and ONT depending on where we’re heading. 🙂 Our typical layovers for MCO are Dallas Love or Austin.

Yes! Our go-tos are LGB, SNA, and ONT depending on where we’re heading. 🙂 Our typical layovers for MCO are Dallas Love or Austin.
Both great places to stop.. My first time in Austin was so great i was almost bummed to get back on the plane. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter