The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Since we have a full kitchen we just Instacart groceries or I pickup Crafstman Grill

We were looking at menus the other day and my husband is sad that the breakfast platter says "breakfast potatoes" now instead of the tater tots. Ha!

So I just realized that today is the 19th anniversary of my husband proposing to me on the bridge by Big Thunder at Disneyland. I decided to look through pictures from back then and it's crazy how empty the parks were compared to now! I have a couple where he set up the crappy digital camera on an adjacent table on Main Street (where Jolly Holiday bakery is now) to take pictures of us with our mochas and cookies. And it looks the table area is totally empty. I can't even remember what was over in that space at the time. But now it's always crazy crowded over there.

We were looking at menus the other day and my husband is sad that the breakfast platter says "breakfast potatoes" now instead of the tater tots. Ha!

So I just realized that today is the 19th anniversary of my husband proposing to me on the bridge by Big Thunder at Disneyland. I decided to look through pictures from back then and it's crazy how empty the parks were compared to now! I have a couple where he set up the crappy digital camera on an adjacent table on Main Street (where Jolly Holiday bakery is now) to take pictures of us with our mochas and cookies. And it looks the table area is totally empty. I can't even remember what was over in that space at the time. But now it's always crazy crowded over there.
What a beautiful memory….

Room Service Menu

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1267.jpeg
    IMG_1267.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1268.jpeg
    IMG_1268.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1270.jpeg
    IMG_1270.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1271.jpeg
    IMG_1271.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 15

Wow...you guys are early birds compared to us! I don't think we made it to breakfast before 8 or 9 each day. Is it very crowded this early?

Wow...you guys are early birds compared to us! I don't think we made it to breakfast before 8 or 9 each day. Is it very crowded this early?
I go down while the wife and kids are still asleep and then wake them up when I get back to the room. There are usually very few people, lots of space and open tables, and food comes out quick.

No need to fuss with silverware and such with the full kitchen.

I go down while the wife and kids are still asleep and then wake them up when I get back to the room. There are usually very few people, lots of space and open tables, and food comes out quick.

No need to fuss with silverware and such with the full kitchen.
This is what I do. Nothing like walking around with a coffee in hand and an empty lobby.

When we stayed last year, we weren't in a villa but our room was at the far end of the villa wing. I didn't know about that entrance at the time. One night I was over at DCA and decided to run some purchases up to the room. Really wish I'd known about that entrance then! Now I know for the future though.

When we stayed last year, we weren't in a villa but our room was at the far end of the villa wing. I didn't know about that entrance at the time. One night I was over at DCA and decided to run some purchases up to the room. Really wish I'd known about that entrance then! Now I know for the future though.
Also makes a great fast food and churro run with that back entrance. They do close right at closing though so if you're hitting the second WOC showing be mindful of that so you don't get there a little late and won't get in.

Proposed to my wife at Blue Bayou almost 20 years ago. She was with her family and they knew but she didn't. I got to the park well before they were seated and said to myself "if I'm paying $50 to get in, I'm going on some rides!" Then as I'm riding Thunder Mountain I have the realization that I'm going to be the idiot that loses the engagement ring on the track.

Proposed to my wife at Blue Bayou almost 20 years ago. She was with her family and they knew but she didn't. I got to the park well before they were seated and said to myself "if I'm paying $50 to get in, I'm going on some rides!" Then as I'm riding Thunder Mountain I have the realization that I'm going to be the idiot that loses the engagement ring on the track.

So my (now) husband and I knew we wanted to get married but we were living 1500 miles apart so I wasn't expecting a proposal. But I would sometimes joke with him...like on Pirates (at the "want want the redhead" part...since I'm a redhead)....I'd say "be careful if you ever propose to me here because you might drop the ring over the side of the boat."

On the night he proposed, I had NO idea it was coming. We had been in the park all evening, had dinner, and wandered around. We stopped on the bridge by Big Thunder, as we often did because it's one of my favorite rides and I just love that area at night. So I made another joke - "If you ever propose here, don't drop the ring in the water." He literally pulled out a ring box and said "I won't."

I thought he was joking at first. 🤣

Our 18th wedding anniversary is actually the day we arrive for our very first stay as owners at the VGC this June! (Earlier in June this year is also exactly 20 years since my very first visit to Disneyland.)

So my (now) husband and I knew we wanted to get married but we were living 1500 miles apart so I wasn't expecting a proposal. But I would sometimes joke with him...like on Pirates (at the "want want the redhead" part...since I'm a redhead)....I'd say "be careful if you ever propose to me here because you might drop the ring over the side of the boat."

On the night he proposed, I had NO idea it was coming. We had been in the park all evening, had dinner, and wandered around. We stopped on the bridge by Big Thunder, as we often did because it's one of my favorite rides and I just love that area at night. So I made another joke - "If you ever propose here, don't drop the ring in the water." He literally pulled out a ring box and said "I won't."

I thought he was joking at first. 🤣

Our 18th wedding anniversary is actually the day we arrive for our very first stay as owners at the VGC this June! (Earlier in June this year is also exactly 20 years since my very first visit to Disneyland.)
Love it! Have an amazing time on your anniversary!

It's a great place for Anniversary celebrations. We just celebrated our 50th a month ago staying at VGC, dinner at Napa Rose. The head chef spent about twenty minutes with us to put together a dinner worthy of the event. The magic of Disney :tink:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:tink:
Napa Rose is very nice, but they go on our bad list when the waiter forced us to order off the adult menu for our 9-year old 2 years ago…. we spent well over $1k on that meal with 3 adults doing the tasting menu with wine pairing…. haven’t been back since… Carthay/Blue Bayou/C33…. no issues anywhere else….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter