The sleeper couches, how comforable are they?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Ok, so just how comfortable are the sleeper couches that are in the DVC units? Are there some resorts that they are more comfortable than others? Any that are just unbearable to sleep on?

All the sleeper sofas in the refurbished resorts are very comfortable. I’m not sure about the ones in resorts that aren’t refurbished, but I’ve heard they’re not the best to sleep on. Hope this helps.

My husband and I spent a week on the sleeper sofa in a refurbished Kidani 1bdr last November, and to be honest it was pretty uncomfortable. We obviously survived, but it wasn't ideal, and I wouldn't want to do it again.

My husband and I spent a week on the sleeper sofa in a refurbished Kidani 1bdr last November, and to be honest it was pretty uncomfortable. We obviously survived, but it wasn't ideal, and I wouldn't want to do it again.
Oh, lawd!:scared:

I shared a sleeper sofa with my 2 year old son at BLT this past summer. I spent 7 nights on it and one in the bed. I'm 6'1" and 250 pounds, and actually preferred the sleeper sofa. Plenty comfy and it slept cooler than the bed, which I loved about it.

Ok, so just how comfortable are the sleeper couches that are in the DVC units? Are there some resorts that they are more comfortable than others? Any that are just unbearable to sleep on?

So far we haven't had any problems. Our girls have always slept on them with no complaints, they seem like pretty decent mattresses. I can seriously tell the difference between the ones in Disney and other trips to a Hilton/Hyatt/Marriott with a pull-out couch (those beds are awful and you can feel the springs)

Not sure how they sleep, but they are extremely uncomfortable to sit on. Drives us crazy,

Laura

The sofa at OKW was very uncomfortable to sit on, didn't attempt to sleep on it so no idea there. I did sleep on the sleeper chair which was ok, at least for a couple of days but very thin to sleep on for 10 nights.

I slept on one of the sleeper chairs in I believe BWV and it was comfortable for four or five days during a race weekend.

We are here at kidani right now and I agree. My daughter and soninlaw said never again. Along with kidani, OKW was pretty bad too. Bwv and Bcv were tolerable

My kids have slept on the sleeper sofas at Jambo, SSR and the Poly this year. They slept fine on both.

I got the bed

Stayed in a 1BR at Kidani Village a couple years ago. Friend 1 slept on the sleeper chair and friend 2 slept on the sofa bed. Neither was comfortable at all.

My 21 & 23 year old DD's sleep on the pullout couch and chair at BLT all the time and find them very comfortable. I have slept on the pullout bed in the past and couldn't believe how comfortable it was compared to other pullouts.

I think how comfortable the sleeper sofa is depends on the resort. Some are better than others.
My daughter slept on one at OKW a few weeks ago and it really wasn't very good. The mattress was very thin and she didn't sleep well for the first couple of nights. After we called housekeeping they added a second mattress and it was fine after that. Of course, this meant we couldn't fold up the bed into a sofa again, but it wasn't a big problem to us.

Our adult son slept on one for a short week, but it was a couple of years ago. We were at Beach Club, but it was before the renovation.

I regret not trying out the pull out couch on our trip at Hilton Head last year. OKW wouldn't be a problem with two beds, but several comments about Kidani not being that great, anyone else have more opinions on Jambo at AKVs and SSR?

DH and I slept on the sleeper sofa at SSR for 5 nights this past August. WITH a mattress topper, it was pretty comfy. One night, we had pulled off the mattress topper and DH didn't put it back on properly. That was an uncomfortable night. It was much better the next night when I put everything together properly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter