The Running Thread - 2021

RIP, our sweet Bella. She was only 2 1/2!

Ugh, so sorry for your loss! 😭 We just lost our almost 12 year old Boxer boy early Sunday morning. 💔💔💔 He had cancer, but a stroke overnight ended with us at the fourth or fifth emergency vet on our list. Most places out here were at capacity due to staffing issues, so my PSA is to call before heading out anywhere!

So sorry again… 2 1/2 is much too young 😪

All my condolences @camaker. :hug:

Those hairy friends take up so much room in our house and in our hearts, it really creates a void when they go

This is a heartbreaking post. Many of you were around when we lost our almost 10yo bulldog, Owen, to a sudden heart attack a couple of years ago. We ended up with two lovely bulldog girls after his passing.

Well, day before yesterday, Bella started throwing up. No fever, no distress, no other symptoms. We didn’t think too much about it and thought she was doing better yesterday, until she started throwing up again in the evening. We took her to the emergency vet and were told she was septic and needed surgery for a probable perforated bowel. She wasn’t stable enough to do the surgery last night, but they let us see her around 11pm.

This morning the hospital called and said she had improved overnight and they were taking her into surgery. They just called and said things looked very bad internally, with lots of tissue and organ damage, and now was the time to make the call so she didn’t have to go through the pain of waking to a recovery process that she most likely wouldn’t make it through. Those were some of the hardest words I’ve ever had to give.

RIP, our sweet Bella. She was only 2 1/2!

View attachment 629065

Sorry to hear about this. We had a very similar situation with the last dog we lost. Went in for something we thought was minor and in the space of a few hours it went from a vet trip to surgery prep to saying goodbye. If it makes you feel any better you did the right thing. We knew if we put our guy through surgery just to live a few more months in pain it would have been for us, not for him. Letting them go is sometimes the more loving decision.

November mileage- 100.00

It was a good month and I'm pleased with my progress.

This week hasn't been as good since after my 11 mile run Wednesday I came back to my car and discovered it had been broken into (passenger window smashed) and my purse was stolen. Sitting around waiting to file the police report was definitely not ideal recovery from a long run. Got one replacement credit card in the mail already and waiting for my new license to arrive, so slowly things are getting back to normal.

Sorry to hear that! This happened to me back in February in the DC area. Fortunately I must have gotten back pretty quickly after the theft because we managed to get our credit cards canceled before the thief (thieves?) used them at the local Saks 5th Avenue (no kidding!). Such a pain in the neck.

We are taking a trip out west next week, and I'd like to get a couple of runs in, given that I'm running Goofy in about a month. We have a few days in Las Vegas. Can you run outside there? I'd probably get out early morning. Is it dangerous? Traffic-wise or crime-wise? I've lived in several major cities so I'm not scared of seeing wacky stuff or anything like that. But if it is outright dangerous and just a stupid idea let me know. Anybody done this? Can you go a block off the strip, or is that worse?

We are taking a trip out west next week, and I'd like to get a couple of runs in, given that I'm running Goofy in about a month. We have a few days in Las Vegas. Can you run outside there? I'd probably get out early morning. Is it dangerous? Traffic-wise or crime-wise? I've lived in several major cities so I'm not scared of seeing wacky stuff or anything like that. But if it is outright dangerous and just a stupid idea let me know. Anybody done this? Can you go a block off the strip, or is that worse?
It's been a few years, but I've stayed at the Embassy Suites Las Vegas and from there run along Paradise, Flamingo and Harmon as well as up and down the Strip. I ran in the morning just before/after sunrise. Traffic and crowds are lower at that time. I didn't feel any less safe there than in other cities.

Running the Strip is fine. I find it easier to be a block away, though. The road one block in that runs from the Wynn past MGM and on is my preferred road when running & staying on the Strip. Less people and no having to go up and over intersections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter