The Running Thread - 2018

I would give the people who specialize this a call and take the first available appointment. The idea that an ankle that you have already have surgery on still being an issue would make me leery to go back to the surgeon.

That's what I ended up doing and they were able to fit me in on 1/2/19 so I won't even have to wait now. If nothing else I can see what this new guy is like and compare. Maybe he will explain stuff to me more than my other guy, because he didn't tell me anything. Thanks for the opinion.

I've been told xmas vacation is for family, and mostly I agree. But Fort Wilderness has a 5K on Dec 24! How do I convince DH that it is totally fine and not going to impact our plans? We have to check out of POFQ in the am, are homeless until check in at the Poly, and have FP at epcot at 10 & 1 with lunch in between. I could reasonably finish the run by 8:15, but is it possible to cab back to POFQ from next to Mickey's BYBBQ relatively quick? I am unfamiliar with both resorts.
Can I frame it as my attempt to scout out if we can make it back for the golf cart parade at 3:30?

Also, should you be there on 12/31 (sadly not me), The poly has ' the pineapple dash' at 8:30.

But here is the dilema, I have 'permission' to bail the day of MVMCP because we do not have morning plans. Does anyone recommend the Regatta Run at Yacht & Beach over the Derby Dash at Saratoga? They seem to be at the same time. I will be at PO so neither seem conveniently located.

Fun Friday QOTD: What traditions do you have when you make a trip to WDW that aren't really "mainstream"?

ATTQOTD: Two things we do every trip that are known about but maybe not the most popular thing. I drink the Beverly at Club Cool and we get DD a pearl at the Pick a Pearl thing in Japan. Long term plans for the pearl for DD. Currently they are all sitting in their respective Ziplock bag they put them in.

Back Update: Thought I was good to go, we that is until I tried to run last night. Like 0.1 miles in I could feel it and just shut it down :(

This weekend we have the following folks with races:

15 - @camaker - Seashore Nature Trail 50k (Finish / N/A)
15 - @BikeFan - Surfin Santa 5 Miler (NG / N/A)

Best of luck this weekend folks! Hope yall have a great race and look forward to hearing how it went for yall.

Thanks! Not looking forward to this one quite as much as I was earlier. It’s supposed to rain steadily throughout the race at this point. At least it won’t be too cold. The temps are supposed to be in the mid- to upper 50s. Just not the conditions I would prefer for trying a new distance.

Attqotd: I think it depends on the trip - we do enjoy trying out new bottles of wine at our table service meals even if we have a race the next day. I usually wait to buy certain Lego sets there so I can get points and I love doing my foot and face masks back in the room after the day!

ATTQOTD: this is a tough one for me because we take day trips all the time (like tomorrow lol) so there’s not one thing we definitely do each time. For MK, we usually eat on the second floor of CHH because my sister can eat there and the kids get their chicken nuggets. Epcot we always have to ride SSE before leaving. Nothing really in HS is a must do tradition. AK we eat at Satuli Canteen and the kids add to their wilderness explorer books.

Also, should you be there on 12/31 (sadly not me), The poly has ' the pineapple dash' at 8:30.

But here is the dilema, I have 'permission' to bail the day of MVMCP because we do not have morning plans. Does anyone recommend the Regatta Run at Yacht & Beach over the Derby Dash at Saratoga? They seem to be at the same time. I will be at PO so neither seem conveniently located.
I've only done the Regatta Run so can't really compare it to the Derby Dash but can share my experience! It's very well organized with the start at the Bayside Marina which is just outside the YC adjacent to the Friendship boat launch. The run takes you towards the S/D bridge where you veer off to walkway that runs down the canal to HS. You run the walkway to just past the overpass and do a u-turn back towards the BW. You run the complete Boardwalk and then head over the bridge back down to the BC/YC, under the SAB slide and back to the Bayside Marina. Swag and refreshment for us included; bottled water, bananas, Kind nut bars, small tote bag with ear buds, YC pin and YC sun glasses! It was a fun time!

ATTQOTD:
We always get a pic of the kids with the FEA sign in the background, and a pic with the stained glass window at BOG. We could not get a BOG last trip, and afterwards the kids complained about the lack of photo!

I've never done it, it looks super fun. Hoping it is going on the week if the 2nd. As for getting from FW to anywhere we found Lyft worked well and we always had a ride within 5 minutes. YMMV depending on crowds and demand.

ATTQOTD: We are still relative newbies to WDW all things considered (one two hour trip as a kid to MK, several trips in the last 5 years). That said we have no real traditions yet. We seem to always ride Splash first at MK although that is a pretty mainstream ride.

ATTQOTD:
I don’t know that it’s not mainstream, but I buy the ‘Year’ magnet each year I go. The first time I went to Disney, I went with a friend’s family back in high school. Her parents bought me several magnets for places we had eaten or visited plus the Year magnet. I went the next year with my own family, and didn’t go again, until the year they had the free ticket on your birthday promotion. I eventually started running and then MW 2015 was my first runDisney race (thankfully they did Goofy gives back, or I may have never joined the rD crowd). I have been every year since. The first few I got had the entire Fab 5 on them, and I’m a little sad that the last few have just had Mickey...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter