• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Running Thread - 2018

ATTQOTD: I only use my running shoes for running. They convert to general use once they are no good for running any more.

QOTD: Do you wear your running shoes for anything other than running while they are still in your rotation as running shoes or your only pair?
No, the current running shoes are only used for running. I don't even wear them to or from a run I drive to, I change into and out of them. When they retire they become a normal pair of shoes for whatever...like wearing to and from runs :).

ATTQOTD: Running shoes for running. When they move out of the rotation, they go to walk-around shoes, lawn mowing shoes, or to my oldest son (until his boats get too large for my leftovers.....)

QOTD: Do you wear your running shoes for anything other than running while they are still in your rotation as running shoes or your only pair?
ATTQOTD: I usually have 2 pairs in running rotation - one pair at home, and one I leave at work. Before going into running rotation, a new pair gets worn for a few weeks as casual sneakers. This will work to break them in a little. Once they go into rotation they are strictly used for running. Once they are are retired, they move back to casual sneakers because besides the tread, they are usually in pretty good shape. And then after wearing them for a while, the final stage is to wear them to work outside in the yard.

ATTQOTD: Running (and walking to/from races) only. I have enough other shoes to wear for non-running things.

Hi all, I have a lot of thread to catch up on. It's been a rough week. I lost my mom last night and I'm thankful for everyone on the board who wished her well over the last few years.
I will get back to journaling when I'm ready. Everyone hug your people (and pets) today. And go for a run because that's what my mom would have told me to do.
So sorry for your loss.

Hi all, I have a lot of thread to catch up on. It's been a rough week. I lost my mom last night and I'm thankful for everyone on the board who wished her well over the last few years.
I will get back to journaling when I'm ready. Everyone hug your people (and pets) today. And go for a run because that's what my mom would have told me to do.
Sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Your Dis family is here for you in whatever way we can help.

:sad1::hug:

Very sorry to hear this, @roxymama! Local, warm thoughts are headed to you. I will count my quite enjoyable speed workout this morning as a celebration of your mother's life.

Back from camping, which is our annual 4th of July tradition. I had many hot dogs with mustard only.

ATTQOTD: Current running shoes are only used for running, but after they're retired, anything goes.

@LSUlakes My race time for the Reeds Lake Run 10K on June 23 was 1:00:16 - I was supposed to run that one much slower, but I had a baseball game to get to! :crazy2:

Also please add:

Sept 8 - michigandergirl - Holland Haven half marathon - NG

Oh, and @LSUlakes - I dont remember if you guys are staying on property or not, but if you are on property and have any interest in toy story land (which I highly recommend checking out), do emh at DHS. We went during the week, and weekends might be different, but we got all of Toy Story Land done before the park opened to day guests. We showed up at 6 and were in TSL before 7 both days.

@roxymama I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is awful.

@LSUlakes we will just miss you, we arrive the morning of the 15th.

ATTQOTD: No, I only have one pair and I hate taking them off after I run. I finally got fitted a month or so ago and the new shoes are amazing. I want to live in them and can't wait until I have the funds to buy another pair or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter