The Problem with Galaxy's Edge

Read more carefully next time. Everyone said, "PARKS", not specifically GE.

Yea I meant that Finn and Poe aren't characters you can meet in Galaxy Edge or in Disney Parks like you can with Rey, Chewie, Kylo, Vader, Stormtroopers, BB-8. Finn and Poe only appear in Rise of Resistance and Star Tours.

There have been a lot of complaints about GE, especially from Star Wars purists and uber theme park fans on these forums. It's not perfect and I would love more walk around characters and droids, but I think the land is a hit with the average Disney guest. We were there in October 2019 (see the pic to the left) and the land was very popular, even before the opening of ROTR. It is huge, wonderful to walk around in and explore, and everything in it just screams "Star Wars Universe". And it looks fabulous at night.

I am quite sure most guests couldn't give a hang about the timeline or which two movies the land is sandwiched between.

BTW, I think this thread has gotten :offtopic:, it's supposed to be about GE, not about the movies. However, I am a little annoyed by the TROS bashing. Just because some of you disliked it, doesn't mean the average filmgoer did. It got an 86% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

BTW, I think this thread has gotten :offtopic:, it's supposed to be about GE, not about the movies. However, I am a little annoyed by the TROS bashing. Just because some of you disliked it, doesn't mean the average filmgoer did. It got an 86% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Yea I understand where you are coming from. Though it is a bit hard to talk about Galaxy Edge without mentioning Star Wars movies since the premise of the park is set within the Disney trilogy. That alone irks some fans who dislike the trilogy because it's not like the star wars they grew up on etc. I am a fan of Star Wars period. I may not love EVERY movie in the franchise ( Rise of Skywalker and Episode 1 and 2) but I still love the overall franchise and stuff. If you are a Star Wars fan you're cool in my book ha. No matter if you like the Disney trilogy or not or if you are a OT purist that's cool too. I don't like the toxic fans that hate on those that like different things or harass the actors on social media etc. Those kinds of people are not real fans and should be ashamed of themselves.

And I would be lying if I said Disney did nothing right with Star Wars. Mandolarian is excellent and Rouge One was fantastic as well. Even Solo was decent and not as bad as people made it out to be. Solo just came out a few months after Last Jedi. The Disney hate among Star Wars fans was at an all time high around that time. So Solo just came out at a bad time. And the animated series are also well done. I am excited to finally check out Galaxy Edge for the first time this weekend. So I am not an angry star wars fan at all ha.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter