The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also think “desirable because it’s new” hasn’t panned out at VDH. On the one hand, from Disney’s perspective, it appears to be selling on pace with expectations over $200–but VGC (resale!) is still selling at a huge premium last I checked (and there aren’t really other options)…not sure if Poly Tower will do as well as VDH when there are 2-4 other actively selling options, including 1 without resale restrictions (and huge volume of resale options) —but I don’t feel confident enough to say for sure.
VDH is selling at a bonkers pace. I think I can confidently say that no future WDW resort will hit the same first month pace of VDH. Theres too much supply there already.

VDH is selling at a bonkers pace. I think I can confidently say that no future WDW resort will hit the same first month pace of VDH. Theres too much supply there already.
I think the only way a future WDW resort could set that rate of initial sales is if it included a desirable known-entity. VGF2 sold at a fairly similar pace to VDH initially, but it included access to VGF1, which was established as desirable.

I don't think Poly1 is quite as desirable as VGF1 was (see: resale prices), but I wouldn't be surprised if it's near the top of the list of requested sold out resorts.

Actually, VDH has slowed down a good bit after the initial buyers have processed through. It will be interesting to see if it can keep up pace over the next couple of years.

Just kinda thinking out loud here, but do you think DVC would do something totally different?

Where they would make the tower a new resort with restrictions AND have it so PVB1 & PVB2 could still book each other within the 11 month window BUT other resorts had to wait til 7 months & resale couldn’t book there.

Sorry, let me try to explain my thinking correctly. I’m confusing myself..

If it’s a new association, tower owners can’t book PVB1 studios (or bungalows) at the 11 months. If there is not a lot of studios in the tower that might be a deterrent to some that like to plan ahead if they had to wait until the 7 month window just like every other different resort, especially seeing that the tower & PVB1 are together on Poly property. IDK, it seems weird to have it a separate association (yes, I know Boulder Ridge, Copper Creek but that was a bigger differences in years).

If the tower has a high pts chart and DVC wants to sell, mostly it’s smaller sets of pts 100/150, that amount is basically only going to get you into a studio for a week. If the tower doesn’t have a lot of those, I’d hate fighting at 11 months to try & get them (like someone else said) seeing that there is a bunch available at PVB1 but I couldn’t book them yet would be irritating.

Just a thought seeing dvc is changing the way they do things, could they/ would they even or ever do something like this?

…or is it just my wishful thinking?

Just kinda thinking out loud here, but do you think DVC would do something totally different?

Where they would make the tower a new resort with restrictions AND have it so PVB1 & PVB2 could still book each other within the 11 month window BUT other resorts had to wait til 7 months & resale couldn’t book there.

If it’s a new association, tower owners can’t book PVB1 studios (or bungalows) at the 11 months. If there is not a lot of studios in the tower that might be a deterrent to some that like to plan ahead if they had to wait until the 7 month window just like every other different resort, especially seeing that the tower & PVB1 are together on Poly property. IDK, it seems weird to have it a separate association (yes, I know Boulder Ridge, Copper Creek but that was a bigger differences in years).

If the tower has a high pts chart and DVC wants to sell, mostly it’s smaller sets of pts 100/150, that amount is basically only going to get you into a studio for a week. If the tower doesn’t have a lot of those, I’d hate fighting at 11 months to try & get them (like someone else said) seeing that there is a bunch available at PVB1 but I couldn’t book them yet would be irritating.

Just a thought seeing dvc is changing the way they do things, could they/ would they even or ever do something like this?

I personally think the idea is appealing but doubt Disney would do it (putting aside legal technicalities)…Why would anybody buy Poly Tower direct more than $20-40 over PVB if they have the same privileges?

They can’t do that. Owners at a resort have to be given at least a one month advantage over non owners. So if Poly tower is a new association, current PVB can’t have the same booking rights as owners of the tower because of the way things are deeded.

I also don’t believe they can enter into a different agreement with just PVB for use of each others resorts that is different than other resorts.

A DVC resort enters into the agreement with BVTC to allow its owners to trade with other DVC resorts….any attempt to have PVB owners get a jump on booking over the other DVC resort owners would be pretty complicated to implement.

Thank you. Looks like it’s pretty close to the Poly boat launch, but a longer walk to either monorail (and Poly is closer). Do we know which walking routes will survive construction?
I am sure there will be new pathways around the Seven Seas Lagoon, PVB2 pools, etc, but I would imagine the main path connecting Aotearoa to GCH remains mostly untouched.

That makes sense.

We're the opposite though I think. When I hear poly1 being criticized like that, it hurts! LOL. We love it! I'll save my criticism for PVB2 until I actually stay there :rotfl:
Sorry, it's not just a PVB1 critique, it's Poly overall. The Poly cash buildings are all original and common areas like hallways are showing more age than even PVB1 IMO. I say this and I still love the resort overall! That's why a new build interests me, even if it's replacing the luau which I miss.

The elevators are pretty abysmal.

“Desirable because it’s new” is a pretty universal statement though. Disney has a way of making negative changes after the newness has worn off. Topolino’s dinner menu (where’s the tomahawk?!) and breakfast policy are recent such examples for me :sad2:
YES! Even GCH is like this. IDK how the elevators haven't been swapped yet. Pago Pago elevators ALL the way down at the opposite end of the building nearest GCH just annoys me. On the cash side you have Niue that doesn't even have an elevator. You need to go in Rarotonga, go up the elevator, and then across a walkway.

I agree Disney likes to ruin new things after people love it or increase the price, but structural elements like a main central lobby with elevators which are found in all GF outer buildings vs Poly longhouses would be something you can't get in a refurb.

I also think “desirable because it’s new” hasn’t panned out at VDH. On the one hand, from Disney’s perspective, it appears to be selling on pace with expectations over $200–but VGC (resale!) is still selling at a huge premium last I checked (and there aren’t really other options)…not sure if Poly Tower will do as well as VDH when there are 2-4 other actively selling options, including 1 without resale restrictions (and huge volume of resale options) —but I don’t feel confident enough to say for sure.
I think VDLH is selling very well considering it has no balconies as a "deluxe villa," a transient tax, paid parking, very few larger accommodations, and resale restrictions. The newness combined with the love of Poly and MK location makes it seem like a big win for DVC in my book.

They can’t do that. Owners at a resort have to be given at least a one month advantage over non owners. So if Poly tower is a new association, current PVB can’t have the same booking rights as owners of the tower because of the way things are deeded.

I also don’t believe they can enter into a different agreement with just PVB for use of each others resorts that is different than other resorts.

A DVC resort enters into the agreement with BVTC to allow its owners to trade with other DVC resorts….any attempt to have PVB owners get a jump on booking over the other DVC resort owners would be pretty complicated to implement.
Thanks, I figured there was some reason, forgot about the 1 month thing also.
oh well
Just dreaming

I personally think the idea is appealing but doubt Disney would do it (putting aside legal technicalities)…Why would anybody buy Poly Tower direct more than $20-40 over PVB if they have the same privileges?

Lol. I like the idea too.
But I was saying resale couldn’t book there.
like your idea better.

I am sure there will be new pathways around the Seven Seas Lagoon, PVB2 pools, etc
The last sketches I saw had the walkway go around the front of the tower. The pool is right against the lake and fenced in, so unless you’re staying there, you won’t be able to cut through.

When we stayed at VGF1 a few months ago, I was stunned how close the tower was. It didn’t look bad, per se… but it diminished the wedding pavilion imo.

I don’t know who said it earlier, but I absolutely love PVB1’s location. For one thing, you don’t have the ‘island music’ piped in through the beach speakers on that side….

Pre construction with the original paths Luau Cove was probably right in the middle of VGF1 and GCH. Probably seems "closer" to GCH because you hit Aotearoa, Fiji, and Tuvalu on the way.
Yes the windy paths once in Poly proper definitely skew the distance. Was staying at Aotearoa and even as I passed that building it still felt closer to VGF. That whole area just feels like one giant complex now with different theming.

Could they legally retro resale restrictions onto PVB? Make Poly 2 the same association but then from here on out any resale of a PVB contract gets restricted?

Why are you assuming that the Tower will be more popular? Because of more room options? Better features? Isn’t the location inferior for most purposes?
I’m not assuming it will be more or less popular than the PVB studios, as I think there’s a niche for both. But I do think if you’re interested in the tower because you already like PVB and the vibe of the resort, and the tower points end up separate, that buying tower points would be the best way to stay at either (besides owning both).

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest