The original POP Fridge Swap! Planning moved to another thread - link inside!

I want to preface this by saying that I don't want to sound like I'm ranting or reprimanding or anything like that. I take responsibility for not keeping up with the swap like we once were. Things had been going so well that I had hoped that people wouild be proactive enough to get in touch with each other, make sure they have all the necessary information from or given to other families, and that everyone who signs up for a slot actually follows through and takes part in the swap (or at least took the extra step of making sure the fridge got to the next family) We can really get a lot more miles out of this fridge if we all work together. I'll go back to trying to be superorganized, but I really do need everyone's cooperation as well. When things change on the fly, there's only so much I can do. So if you sign up, PLEASE make sure that you can at least stay in touch with us to make sure that the fridge keeps moving and we don't spend another month trying to figure out what happened. It just takes one minor bump in the road to send things spiralling. We've had a few over the past what, 8 or 9 months? Luckily we've been able to work them all out. But if we all spend a little time making sure everything's in order, we can keep this road virtually bump free.

And really, all I need from you guys is that you make sure the family before you has your information and that you don't forget to take the info for the family after you with you on your trip. At least full name and check in date. Not too much to ask.

Thanks everyone!! Hopefully once we get things swapped back out we'll be able to put this all behind us! Thanks so much to everyone that has tried to help and everyone that's been so understanding while we get over this hurdle and to everyone that's kept this thing going since last summer!

I couldn't have said it better! You're doing an awesome job, take it from a fellow swap organizer! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo! This is my last day on the computer before I leave!!! I just wanted to see if luvtinkerbell had posted anything yet....i'll keep checking today. If not, I'll make sure and post when I return to work on 5/7/07. I'm soooooooo excited!!:dance3: :banana:

Having dealt with luvtinkerbell, suspect you will not be hearing from her. Remember if you do not get any satisfaction from the luggage desk, go inside and ask at the main desk.....

wish we were back there now....

Cheers

Bruce

HELP HELP HELP!

Okay I don't know who luvtinkerbell is but I need to contact her about what she did with the frig.

I got a call from Sandy and they are checked in and the frig is no where to be found.

I am suppose to get the frig from Sandy next week.

luvtinkerbell can you give us any information about what kind of signage you put on the box or any hints as to where the frig went?:confused3 :confused3

I left the box with our 'replacement fridge' labelled with luvtinkerbell's name, as well as having luggage services identify the next person to pick up the fridge.

I suspect we have some non-swappers snagging the fridge before the 'legitimate' ones do

I would suggest, that whenever possible, we should physically hand over the fridge to the next person, it seems to go to *&(* in a handbasket when we have to leave it at luggage services. Some people who work there seem to know what they are doing and others, well............

Just my two cents

Cheers

Bruce

:sad2:

I'm at a loss. I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I don't even know where to begin.

I'm trying to think. I came home last night after working 15 hours, three different jobs, and saw all this and my PMs and my head was just swimming. I still don't know what to do at this point. I suppose the only thing is to wait it out and see if someone from another swap was given that fridge by mistake and hang tight til they turn it back in or report back here. I have a feeling with so many swaps going on right now that this will be a regular occurance. Last time I looked, there were twelve swaps going - and I believe there are more getting off the ground. No offense to those starting or involved in new swaps, but it's getting a little excessive and it's just going to cause problems - either by getting all mixed up like it has, or by Disney getting fed up with storing a dozen fridges and putting a stop to it.

I believe our swap is going to be fine. They left the fridge for someone in our swap, so ours is on track. But I'm going to try and be as helpful as possible so that swap #2 gets theirs back.

And I think I'm going to add a new rule to the list. If you're going to sign up, make sure you can check in to the DIS (this thread and your PMs) at least once a week to make sure we don't need anything from you. Then we'll give it 2 weeks when a PM is sent and if there is no response, that poster is off the list. If anyone's going out of town or won't be around the DIS for awhile, post it in the thread so we're aware and don't bump you from the list.

I believe our swap is going to be fine. They left the fridge for someone in our swap, so ours is on track.

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that the fridge has been found? I'm going in just over 2 weeks, so obviously I'm concerned. I have been following the previous swap that I was involved in back in March and their fridge has also gone missing. I agree - too many swaps going on and Disney is going to put a stop to this sooner than later.

Carrie,
I agree with your note about people checking in so that we can verify their availability for the swap.

I would also suggest that people who did use the fridge or any fridge post a post trip report so we can verify that indeed the fridge is still available and what they did to pass it on...

You have gone above and beyond the call of duty, but I suspect the swap has a life of it's own

Cheers

Bruce

All the new swaps worry me too. Our swap (like yours) has been ongoing since Sept. 06. With all the possible refrigs. in storage, there's a more likely chance that the wrong fridge gets picked up, or Disney stops the whole thing. :confused3 I worry that if it becomes too much of a hassle for Disney, they'll just stop allowing it. I know I spent awhile the other day trading PMs with another swap organizer who's fridge went missing and, luckily, the CM allowed the swapper to see the only 2 fridges in storage. Unfortunately, they weren't theirs, or ours. The names on the fridges didn't match my swappers. I'm waiting to hear back from my swapper, who checks out today, to verify that we still have our fridge (I'm pretty sure we do, ours is clearly marked with my name, and phone number, and LGMH).

While I'm crossing my fingers that the fridge will make it until Sept. for me to use again, I'm not all that optimistic. I fully expect that I'll have to arrange for a new fridge, and do a much smaller, more manageable swap (only 5-6 swappers, or so). I never thought it would go so far!

I also agree that swappers should check in with their swaps, once they return, to let them know how things went. I'm amazed when I don't hear back from someone, even after sending PMs. :confused:

One last thing, when our fridge went missing early on in the swap, the swapper who had it picked up, luckily, got a claim check. When POP couldn't locate it, they admitted it was their error (since we had a claim check) and the replaced it with one that was left unclaimed-turned out to be from another swap that had ended. So, if you can, get a claim check when it's left in storage-it saved our swap!

I hope you find your missing #2. :wizard:

And everyone can enjoy it until they do! :dance3:

Well for the DISers who have spent a good portion of their vacations trying to straighten out or find fridges because it's gotten so chaotic that CMs can't keep up, it's not that enjoyable.

I'm afraid I might have to say the idea of the fridge swap has run its course. The end is near. It's just gotten too out of control.

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that the fridge has been found? I'm going in just over 2 weeks, so obviously I'm concerned. I have been following the previous swap that I was involved in back in March and their fridge has also gone missing. I agree - too many swaps going on and Disney is going to put a stop to this sooner than later.

Our fridge is right on track. We hadn't switched back the fridges yet from when ours got switched with #2's . . . so they have left our fridge for one of our swappers, but the person on our list that is down there now can't find the fridge (their fridge) that she was supposed to pick up and leave for them because the person before her never picked it up. So it's gone missing. We don't know if Disney did something with it or if they gave it, by accident, to one of the many other swaps going on. With a dozen or more fridges in and out of luggage services, it has to be a mess for the CMs.

Did that make sense? It barely makes sense to me, LOL. All I know is that I feel terrible that we're now alright, but because of a problem on our end another swap is in limbo.

And not to add more to the chaos, I honestly don't know how much longer I can do this. At the moment I'm working 3 jobs (plus starting a side business) so I have very little time to DIS. This couldn't have come at a worse time for me time-wise since I just started a new, full time job and have very little downtime since I'm learning a whole new profession. I know that the last couple pages of posts isn't much of a selling point, but if anyone wants to take over some (most? all?) of this, let me know. I'd be happy to help keep things going, but I just don't have the time right now to devote to all the organization that this thing needs. I probably should've stepped back sooner, but I guess I was a little too ambitious, thought I could handle it all. . . but when it comes down to starting a career, fridge swaps sorta fall to the bottom of the to-do list. And I'm afraid time will be more and more scarce, even once I drop one of my jobs in coming weeks since my new job is already talking advancement. . things are going to happen fairly quickly.

Carrie, I'm glad that your fridge is okay. :goodvibes I thought yours, along with swap #2, was missing. Glad to see for now that it's just (so far) one fridge. I was also contacted by swap #2 and I haven't heard back from my swapper yet, who only checked out yesterday.

I totally understand how you feel. :goodvibes Your career comes first! No question. Hopefully one of your swappers can take over for you. I too will "release" control of my swap after Sept. as I think dealing with it for a year is long enough. I expect that in Sept. we will have a new fridge and that will be a good time to hand off to someone else, after I return from WDW.

I'm sure everyone on your swap appreciates your hard work! And I'm sure they've let you know. Great Job! :grouphug: Now-go concentrate on your career and let the other swaps deal with their own troubles. You've done more than enough. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Awww I am so sorry to hear this swap might be coming to an end. I was able to use the fridge back in January and we just booked an October trip (9/30-10/7) taking some first timers to the parks. The first thing I did was come over here!

I am sure that keeping up with things is chaotic! I see so many fridge swaps...this really caught on!

I'm interested in the October 21st-28th if it is still open:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest