*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

We checked out on Saturday and I'm already missing my second home. 😭
We stayed at RIV recently, and went to VGF to eat at Narcoossee’s.
It felt so great to walk into that VGF lobby! The pianist was playing, and it just felt like home. I love RIV too, but I was so glad at that moment that most of our points are at VGF!

We are very excited for our first stay at GF! We have a resort studio at the end of January. I've been reading this thread for information...
Will we be near the main pool ( best slide) or resort, or far away? Is there anything specific we should request as far as location to enjoy our stay more?
We are hoping to get in the pool and that it won't be too cold lol!

We are very excited for our first stay at GF! We have a resort studio at the end of January. I've been reading this thread for information...
Will we be near the main pool ( best slide) or resort, or far away? Is there anything specific we should request as far as location to enjoy our stay more?
We are hoping to get in the pool and that it won't be too cold lol!
Everything is pretty close together at The Grand! You’ll be at Big Pine Key, right next to the quiet pool! Map is on Page 1. Have fun! (Sorry hit send before I was ready!)

GF is such a special resort. You will have an incredible time. To me, it and AK are the perfect places to do a resort-only stay. So many great options, so much to do.

I do wish the pools were bigger and/or there were more of them and more hot tubs, but there is so much to enjoy!

We stayed at RIV recently, and went to VGF to eat at Narcoossee’s.
It felt so great to walk into that VGF lobby! The pianist was playing, and it just felt like home. I love RIV too, but I was so glad at that moment that most of our points are at VGF!

I love staying at other resorts but I agree that it always feels like home at VGF.

I love staying at other resorts but I agree that it always feels like home at VGF.
We just can't justify staying almost anywhere else... For us it is VGF, Swan Reserve, or off property (usually at the Hyatt for a hotel room, or one of the Marriott/Sheraton Vacation Club properties if we want more room)

But the Grand Floridian, for us, is a very special treat!

Hi all - this will be our first stay at VGF, and also our first time at WDW for NYE. We usually travel to BWV the week after Christmas but head home the morning of NYE. Curious if anyone has tips for that week/night specific to VGF? I’ll be traveling with my young kiddo so NYE itself won’t be super crazy.

Maybe one that is away from other guests? The soundproofing is terrible.
Did you have a bad stay yourself? I believe sound proofing is on par with rest of the GF - just not up to the standards of the 'original' DVC villas building. My experiences so far have been pretty good.

We have a first time stay at GFV coming up in Jan/Feb. We'll be in a 1 bedroom standard view villa. I am wondering which building we might expect to be placed in? Am I right in thinking it won't be the main building with the grand lobby? I want to try to pull up walk-through videos of whichever part of the resort we might be staying in so we can try to familiarize ourselves with the property before we arrive. We've only ever been to GF for meals or tea and all of those experiences just took place in the main building. I would so appreciate any info you all can share about what to expect. Thanks!

We have a first time stay at GFV coming up in Jan/Feb. We'll be in a 1 bedroom standard view villa. I am wondering which building we might expect to be placed in? Am I right in thinking it won't be the main building with the grand lobby? I want to try to pull up walk-through videos of whichever part of the resort we might be staying in so we can try to familiarize ourselves with the property before we arrive. We've only ever been to GF for meals or tea and all of those experiences just took place in the main building. I would so appreciate any info you all can share about what to expect. Thanks!
If it's a 1 bedroom villa (and not a 1 bedroom suite) it can only be in the Villas at Disney's GF resort building which is directly south of the main building at the opposite side of the Beach Pool. It's connected to the main building with a covered walkway.

Did you have a bad stay yourself? I believe sound proofing is on par with rest of the GF - just not up to the standards of the 'original' DVC villas building. My experiences so far have been pretty good.
I would say a "bad stay" at the grand Floridian is not possible...

but the soundproofing is terrible, or was in the resort studio we were in... we could not believe that in any world this was acceptable for a flagship resort that had just been renovated... We were also glad it was just the two of us and no kids... the hallway noise, and doors opening and closing was particularly problematic...

If it's a 1 bedroom villa (and not a 1 bedroom suite) it can only be in the Villas at Disney's GF resort building which is directly south of the main building at the opposite side of the Beach Pool. It's connected to the main building with a covered walkway.
Thank you so much! Yes, it's a villa. We own at AKV, but we are using our points for GF this time. Glad to hear there is a covered walkway!

Hi all - this will be our first stay at VGF, and also our first time at WDW for NYE. We usually travel to BWV the week after Christmas but head home the morning of NYE. Curious if anyone has tips for that week/night specific to VGF? I’ll be traveling with my young kiddo so NYE itself won’t be super crazy.
Hopefully the path to the Poly will be open by then. The walk is no tar from VGF.

Don’t forget that MK has special fireworks on December 30 as well as on NYE. You can watch them from the marina or the boat dock at GF. I’m not sure whether any VGF villas have good views.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest