The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Yes….and no. I’ve heard both. I’d call bell services and inquire. I think they have some limited refrigeration. We’ve been told “no” I’ve also observed Bell services taking groceries to put in refrigeration. Could be it’s a space available take your chances thing.
Exactly correct. They have limited space. If it’s taken by other guests, they’ll have no room for yours. We went in February, and they had space for our bag.

Anyone have any pics? Curious what they look like and where they're located. Yes, I love planning ahead...
No pictures, but they look like the refill stations you find in airports. There is one located by the laundry room, off of the lobby. And then the other I found was located by the palette pool restrooms. While we were there there was a glass container filled with lemon water outside by monorail pool that had cups :)

No pictures, but they look like the refill stations you find in airports. There is one located by the laundry room, off of the lobby. And then the other I found was located by the palette pool restrooms. While we were there there was a glass container filled with lemon water outside by monorail pool that had cups :)
We looked around the gym on the ground floor. One in there as well.

Has anyone had this issue before? I've been to a dozen or so on-property resorts, including the cheaper All Star resorts at WDW, but I've never seen this.

In the main pool of the Disneyland Hotels, there was a lot of poop in the pool by mid-afternoon. Maybe 5-10 turds at the bottom of the pools. It was disgusting. I saw them cleaning them out at night. Then the next day, they're back at some point. Everytime we went by on our week long trip, we saw this by the evening.

Was it one or a few guests that were horrible during our trip, or a common occurrence there? Or something new happening as guests aren't caring or showing respect for other guests?

The DVC pool there never had this problem.

Seriously? do you know for sure they were turds and not leaves or some other debris? In all our trips there, I've never seen a turd in the bottom of the pool! We go 2-3X a year more than 20 days all in all. I've seen them quickly empty the pool near the slides a few times because a duck swooped down and pooped in the pool! they would not wait all day to clean out a turd, the health implications for that are insane.
Last year some j*** a** took their kid into a pool at Aulani without a swim diaper and the kid pooped in the pool, they cleared it out very quickly and it was closed while it was pumped full of chemicals and had to sit a certain amount of time before anyone was allowed back in (we waited a day). I would not say this is a common occurrence.

Last edited:
Has anyone had this issue before? I've been to a dozen or so on-property resorts, including the cheaper All Star resorts at WDW, but I've never seen this.

In the main pool of the Disneyland Hotels, there was a lot of poop in the pool by mid-afternoon. Maybe 5-10 turds at the bottom of the pools. It was disgusting. I saw them cleaning them out at night. Then the next day, they're back at some point. Everytime we went by on our week long trip, we saw this by the evening.

Was it one or a few guests that were horrible during our trip, or a common occurrence there? Or something new happening as guests aren't caring or showing respect for other guests?

By most health codes, the pool is supposed to be closed and cleaned (nuked from orbit hopefully), if that occurs. Are you sure they weren't something that fell from a tree, like a flower or seed pod? I have never actually seen a turd in a pool, but I would think it would degrade a decent amount after some point. Not that the pool shouldn't be bleached into space though.

By most health codes, the pool is supposed to be closed and cleaned (nuked from orbit hopefully), if that occurs. Are you sure they weren't something that fell from a tree, like a flower or seed pod? I have never actually seen a turd in a pool, but I would think it would degrade a decent amount after some point. Not that the pool shouldn't be bleached into space though.
I would love to think it could be something else. They were circular, brown, size of a muffin. With a falling apart look to them. Not flowery looking. Not solid. I hope it’s something else, like maybe from a tree in the area, would relive me.

I would love to think it could be something else. They were circular, brown, size of a muffin. With a falling apart look to them. Not flowery looking. Not solid. I hope it’s something else, like maybe from a tree in the area, would relive me.
Did you report it to anyone? I would have escalated it if I saw it again the next day! This is a health hazard. I am surprised nothing was done until the end of the day. 🤢

Yes, it’s a thing we do here in California. Everyone takes a s@#t in the pool. I’m really surprised though that there were only 4 or 5. Usually, they wait until there’s a good dozen before deciding to clean them out each day. Look for the lifeguard in the brown vest: they do the counting throughout the day.

Last edited:
I have also been there when a bird poops in the water and they completely clear the pool out to extensively clean it almost immediately. I cant imagine they would leave the pool open with human feces. There is a ton of tree and plant life in the area, most likely something out of a tree if I had to guess. I have seen many small acorns and other things fall out of trees and into pools all over the country and could see how something similar to that could look like poop

I have also been there when a bird poops in the water and they completely clear the pool out to extensively clean it almost immediately. I cant imagine they would leave the pool open with human feces. There is a ton of tree and plant life in the area, most likely something out of a tree if I had to guess. I have seen many small acorns and other things fall out of trees and into pools all over the country and could see how something similar to that could look like poop
Nah, that makes far less sense than a half-dozen people defecating in the pool every single day, right out there in broad daylight in front of hundreds of hotel guests and an army of lifeguards, with no one minding and the hotel keeping the pool open and only cleaning it out hours later.

I’m going to call #fakenews on this….

Honestly I'd say it's next to impossible they were what you think they were. Are you saying you looked at them up close?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter