• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I happened to order orange because i like it. Also late to the game of decals. If I knew, would have influenced the other color choices. You might consider the glow in the dark icons. Goes with everything. Ordered, shipped and arrive super fast. They airmail for standard free shipping.

At least I know now for our future trips! And that's a good idea on the smaller decals instead of a full wrap. Might have to surprise DW with something related to our anniversary...

22 days here!

Time is flying by pretty quickly. DH needs to design one more custom Magicband decal and we're all set. I got an email today that our second set of bands have shipped :)
I still need to make our Donald and Daisy Duck hats for MNSSHP, and figure out exactly which outfits I'm wearing each day. Plus refine our touring plan and buy a couple of little things.

We too are at 22 days and counting! This will be our first MNSSHP and DW got us matching shirts off of Etsy (I think) that just came in a few days ago. I love MVMCP and am hoping to love the Halloween Party equally as much!

And Disney will be especially happy trip because I just got some good news...I got a promotion at work! I get to stay in the department that I am currently in (and love), keep my summers off, and will get a pay raise! I am thrilled...nervous because there will be a lot of new stuff to learn, but so happy that this happened :)

Congratulations!! Now you can wear an "I'm Celebrating" button at Disney! :cheer2:

Yay magic bands are on their way. Just decided to buy Halloween party tickets for the 18th. Every year I say it wasn’t worth it, but yet I still keep going:rotfl:Im not going to lie, the exclusive party snacks won me over. Oh and the oogie boogie popcorn bucket that we couldn’t get last year coming back. Also just booked our spring trip at AKL too. So it’s a good day in our house.:cheer2:

After the day I have had, I need my vacation. I don't want to wait 30 days...... :(

Ugh, I hear you. I think I just said out loud - "is it my vacation time yet?" after a conversation with our snippy admin. Also, my car had trouble starting after lunch today. I just replaced the starter in February. :(

Last edited:

I'm so glad you liked the decals! DH and I love designing our own, mostly because I'm a bit "extra" and like having magic bands that are unique and also to mcrecreacrecreatcrecreacrecreaticrecreacrecreatcrecreacrececreacrecreatcrecreacrecreaticrecreacrecreatcrecreacrecreativ
At least I know now for our future trips! And that's a good idea on the smaller decals instead of a full wrap. Might have to surprise DW with something related to our anniversary...

We too are at 22 days and counting! This will be our first MNSSHP and DW got us matching shirts off of Etsy (I think) that just came in a few days ago. I love MVMCP and am hoping to love the Halloween Party equally as much!

DO IT! Really inexpensive and a cute little surprise.

Got our magic bands today! Also trying to decide if we want to do HS Early Morning Magic on the 17th :scratchin Anyone else thinking of doing it? It fits into our plans for our last day, and then we won't have to spend as much time in HS and I can rearrange a little more and maybe make it 4x to F&W.

Also got an Oct. 2019 WL stay locked in :cheer2:

Got our magic bands today! Also trying to decide if we want to do HS Early Morning Magic on the 17th :scratchin Anyone else thinking of doing it? It fits into our plans for our last day, and then we won't have to spend as much time in HS and I can rearrange a little more and maybe make it 4x to F&W.

I was thinking about it, but we're doing MNSSHP on the 16th, so late night + early morning....I'm not loving it. Also a "continental breakfast" plus one entree (where the examples are only avocado toast or fried chicken with a cronut) didn't appeal. But on the other hand, you can meet Woody and Buzz....could be worth it! :)

I reserved HS EMM for 9/17. We didn't get FP for SDD and I haven't had any success yet. This solves that problem and gets us time in TSL as a family. Our toddler loves Toy Story and I think she will enjoy the two tamer rides. I also plan to do 4x to F&W now, so my plans have shifted slightly in the last few days! Nothing major and it actually relieves a little stress.

I was thinking about it, but we're doing MNSSHP on the 16th, so late night + early morning....I'm not loving it. Also a "continental breakfast" plus one entree (where the examples are only avocado toast or fried chicken with a cronut) didn't appeal. But on the other hand, you can meet Woody and Buzz....could be worth it! :)
We have MNSSHP on the 16th also, but the 17th is our last day-we leave around 2:30-so we'd get up early anyway. Not as early as we'd end up getting up if we do EMM but early......and I agree the two entrees mentioned don't thrill me so I'm hoping there's at least one more that sounds better lol!

I reserved HS EMM for 9/17. We didn't get FP for SDD and I haven't had any success yet. This solves that problem and gets us time in TSL as a family. Our toddler loves Toy Story and I think she will enjoy the two tamer rides. I also plan to do 4x to F&W now, so my plans have shifted slightly in the last few days! Nothing major and it actually relieves a little stress.
I have gotten SDD FP's for EVERY SINGLE CLIENT since TSL opened, but not for our trip :rolleyes: I guess it's better that way but still! I'm hoping I get it for our Nov. trip since we'll have the boys with us, this time it's just DH and I so not as big a deal but I still want to ride :goodvibes Right now I'm just planning to RD SDD but if we do EMM I can move stuff around the morning we were going to rope drop and the more I think about it the more I think I like that better.

We have MNSSHP on the 16th also, but the 17th is our last day-we leave around 2:30-so we'd get up early anyway. Not as early as we'd end up getting up if we do EMM but early......and I agree the two entrees mentioned don't thrill me so I'm hoping there's at least one more that sounds better lol!

Oh, could be a perfect way to end the vacation though--getting one last chance on all the TSL rides!

I have gotten SDD FP's for EVERY SINGLE CLIENT since TSL opened, but not for our trip :rolleyes: I guess it's better that way but still! I'm hoping I get it for our Nov. trip since we'll have the boys with us, this time it's just DH and I so not as big a deal but I still want to ride :goodvibes Right now I'm just planning to RD SDD but if we do EMM I can move stuff around the morning we were going to rope drop and the more I think about it the more I think I like that better.

I selfishly just want to ride SDD and I know my husband will be glad to do it too (haven't told him about this yet, but he will enjoy it). I have HS as our afternoon and evening park on our sleep-in day, but was tempted to rope drop instead. This lets us keep our lazy morning, which I think will be worth it. I will have to cancel our Tusker House breakfast and move a FP at AK, but that is all ok really.

Finally got to reserve my first FPs this morning! We'll be there 9/22-9/26, staying offsite, obviously (at the Villas of Grand Cypress).

For our first day we'll be arriving at MK at like 4 PM, so I knew I didn't *really* need to go in right at 7 AM to make my FP reservations, because evening FPs at Buzz, Space Mountain, and BTMRR in late September are not going to disappear 30 days in advance (or even 3 days in advance). But I couldn't help it (and I wanted to practice for the coming days).

I'm glad I did, though, because I was able to get 7DMT at 9 PM! I had resigned myself to not riding 7DMT this trip because I didn't expect to be able to get FPs (we did it at DAH on our last trip). A nice boost!

On the MB front, I had wanted to get a MB with a cool design for this trip, but I looked at a ton and couldn't find anything that spoke to me... until I finally saw the one with Donald Glover as Lando. I didn't even see Solo, but it will amuse me to have Donald Glover gazing at me from my wrist the whole time I'm at WDW.

We're doing MNSSHP on 9/16, or I'd be all over the HS EMM on 9/17. I just know there's no way we can stay at the party until midnight, wake up at 6am the next morning for EMM, AND check out of AKL and check into BC at the same time. DH would revolt and I would get frazzled trying to do too much, and it would just not be a good scene.
This way I'll just have something to look forward to for the next trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter