***The Official October 2016 Thread***

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and my literal first thought was...21 days until we go!!!! I Amy owing to have a wonderful day

23 days to go!

We just told the kids yesterday - it's so nice (and yet odd lol) to be able to speak freely about Disney around the kids. But now they have a lot of questions about the trip.

Here's one I couldn't answer. My son, who is 4, upon hearing he would have the chance to meet Belle, went and dug out this silly, cheapo gum ball machine ring and said he wanted to give it to her. Are characters allowed to accept gifts like this? And if not, would she at least likely play along with him until she could sneak the ring back to me?

Last edited:
Here's one I couldn't answer. My son, who is 4, upon hearing he would have the chance to meet Belle, went and dug out this silly, cheapo gum ball machine ring and said he wanted to give it to her. Are characters allowed to accept gifts like this? And if not, would she at least likely play along with him until she could sneak the ring back to me?
That is really sweet. What a nice thing to do. :)
If he still remembers that he wants to give her a ring when you go to Disney in 23 days, then I'm sure that Belle will accept it. :)

Woohoo! Just got the green light from my parents - we are going to POFQ for 2 nights - child free! We haven't been to WDW by ourselves since having DD5 so we are psyched for some adult F&W time! We'll be there from Oct. 22 - 24 :-) Now to start pouring over menus... and planning out our food and wine selections! Thanks for this thread - tons of great information on here!

One set of bands almost ready to ship and another will be going early enough. And OMG, if DH doesn't STOP trying to re-do my surprise plans, I'm going to have to beat him. He had the surprise his way for DLR (we didn't say anything until we were there and waited to see how long it would take to figure out -- they were surprisingly oblivious so finally DH coaxed them into guessing). I'm also letting him surprise them his way for the USO portion -- which will be the same as in we drive up and see how long it takes them to figure it out (sensing a pattern?). But he keeps trying to say "oh we should just say we're going to FL instead and see how long it takes them to figure it out." No. "We should just go to the airport and see how long it takes for them to figure it out." And let a TSA employee tell my kids to have a nice time at WDW, revealing the surprise? No. "DD really liked how we did the surprise last time. And DS will be fine with it." No. Yes, DD will be fine. But actually DS is an uber-planner and I'm even a bit worried about how he will take this, even though I solicited his opinion plenty of times (he just didn't realize it was for this October) which is why I want to do the courtesy of at least giving him the plane ride to research and see what he wants to do. And on it goes. I've finally told him that this is important to me and to just be quiet. This is my turn. As he didn't get up at 4 am to make ADRs or obsessively research beforehand to know where to make said ADRs, he needs to zippidity-doo-dah. (Oh and lest I sound completely mean and selfish, I've asked him if he wanted to help write the clues for the scavenger hunt. Nope. So I did that too.) Bah!

One set of bands almost ready to ship and another will be going early enough. And OMG, if DH doesn't STOP trying to re-do my surprise plans, I'm going to have to beat him. He had the surprise his way for DLR (we didn't say anything until we were there and waited to see how long it would take to figure out -- they were surprisingly oblivious so finally DH coaxed them into guessing). I'm also letting him surprise them his way for the USO portion -- which will be the same as in we drive up and see how long it takes them to figure it out (sensing a pattern?). But he keeps trying to say "oh we should just say we're going to FL instead and see how long it takes them to figure it out." No. "We should just go to the airport and see how long it takes for them to figure it out." And let a TSA employee tell my kids to have a nice time at WDW, revealing the surprise? No. "DD really liked how we did the surprise last time. And DS will be fine with it." No. Yes, DD will be fine. But actually DS is an uber-planner and I'm even a bit worried about how he will take this, even though I solicited his opinion plenty of times (he just didn't realize it was for this October) which is why I want to do the courtesy of at least giving him the plane ride to research and see what he wants to do. And on it goes. I've finally told him that this is important to me and to just be quiet. This is my turn. As he didn't get up at 4 am to make ADRs or obsessively research beforehand to know where to make said ADRs, he needs to zippidity-doo-dah. (Oh and lest I sound completely mean and selfish, I've asked him if he wanted to help write the clues for the scavenger hunt. Nope. So I did that too.) Bah!

Feelin' your pain on the DH situation. My own DH can drive me crazy as well. When I start making plans I always ask him what he wants to do and get his opinion on the trip. He usually replies with shoulder shrugs and "It doesn't matter." but once we get down to the last month and it's too late to switch things up then he decides he wants to give input. Good luck with the DH, lol.

Feelin' your pain on the DH situation. My own DH can drive me crazy as well. When I start making plans I always ask him what he wants to do and get his opinion on the trip. He usually replies with shoulder shrugs and "It doesn't matter." but once we get down to the last month and it's too late to switch things up then he decides he wants to give input. Good luck with the DH, lol.
Yep....sounds like mine as well. I always get the 11th hour "why don't we....??" do something that's impossible to schedule NOW but would have been quite easy to plan 5 months ago......

We got our Luggage Tags today!! 30 days out!!
I saw that F&W map will be released on Wednesday so we can finally finalize our Epcot touring plans. Everything else other than trying to move a couple FP+ up a bit is ready to go, until they announce RoL that is. :hourglass

Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as the Magic Bands are concerned? Do we get an email with tracking number once they've shipped?

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter