***The Official October 2016 Thread***

I'm at 24 days and waiting on my Magic Bands - they shipped late last week and the tracking doesn't tell me anything. I'm hoping they arrive soon!

I also ordered glow in the dark Magic Band decals from magicyourband.com - those should hopefully arrive next week or early the week after.

Getting excited!

They're really quick with shipping too, mine never take more than a week!

That's great! The kids don't know yet, and won't know until 21 days out or so. I wanted to give them the option to make their own bands so that will work out perfectly. I'm glad you posted that!

Ok, so I had our schedule done. DONE. Then my son decides he's in love with Star Wars. Ok, no problem. :crazy2: Flip flop our AK & HS days so can hit the SW fireworks, cancel the Wishes dessert party, book the SW dessert party, rearrange our FP, set up ADR finder for SciFi...everything's all good. Back to being DONE. My husband this morning makes an offhand comment...."wouldn't it be something if Rivers of Light rolls out soon and you have to rearrange everything again?" :smooth:

Ok, so I had our schedule done. DONE. Then my son decides he's in love with Star Wars. Ok, no problem. :crazy2: Flip flop our AK & HS days so can hit the SW fireworks, cancel the Wishes dessert party, book the SW dessert party, rearrange our FP, set up ADR finder for SciFi...everything's all good. Back to being DONE. My husband this morning makes an offhand comment...."wouldn't it be something if Rivers of Light rolls out soon and you have to rearrange everything again?" :smooth:

Ugh. I've made a plan for our AK day assuming that RoL isn't happening. I got to a point yesterday (after re-arranging things AGAIN) that I basically said, :p on you RoL. If it happens, it happens. If we're there and we want to stay for it, then we will. I feel like if I change things any more, I'm going to go crazy!

At least ROL should be nightly....maybe.....

Ugh. I've made a plan for our AK day assuming that RoL isn't happening. I got to a point yesterday (after re-arranging things AGAIN) that I basically said, :p on you RoL. If it happens, it happens. If we're there and we want to stay for it, then we will. I feel like if I change things any more, I'm going to go crazy!

That's where I'm at. When I started talking to my husband about the switches for SW his eyes kind of glazed over and he basically checked out of the conversation. At this point it is what it is. I'm putting all of my chips on the "NO ROL" bet and am just going to roll with that. I want to be done planning!

That's where I'm at. When I started talking to my husband about the switches for SW his eyes kind of glazed over and he basically checked out of the conversation. At this point it is what it is. I'm putting all of my chips on the "NO ROL" bet and am just going to roll with that. I want to be done planning!
I've seen that look on my DH's face many times! Lol!!

Our Magic Bands came today, I am so excited.
but little bummed with didn't get the cute luggage tags!
We booked a package thru Liberty travel, does package need to be direct thru disney to get them?

Thanks
Kim
Did you look under the cardboard at the bottom of the box? The luggage tags are laying under all the layers of paper.

We were able to get our Sci-Fi ADR we lost when we had to switch days thanks to a very helpful CM. Not sure how she was able to squeeze us in when there is nothing available. We are pretty much back where we started before the release of extended hours and Star Wars Fireworks announcements. It was a bit stressful trying to figure out what to do but getting our ADRs and FP+ switched over is done. Our boys are happy we get to see the SW Fireworks and ride Dinosaur now.

We were able to get our Sci-Fi ADR we lost when we had to switch days thanks to a very helpful CM. Not sure how she was able to squeeze us in when there is nothing available. We are pretty much back where we started before the release of extended hours and Star Wars Fireworks announcements. It was a bit stressful trying to figure out what to do but getting our ADRs and FP+ switched over is done. Our boys are happy we get to see the SW Fireworks and ride Dinosaur now.
Mannn mine are just chillin' in Memphis. Was hoping they would arrive today because I'm going out of town tomorrow. Already warned DH that he is not allowed to open them without me!

Ok this is strange, because mine haven't moved from Memphis either since Monday. I'm hoping they just suck at departure scans at that hub?

Ok this is strange, because mine haven't moved from Memphis either since Monday. I'm hoping they just suck at departure scans at that hub?

Mine finally moved to Illinois today, but it still says "pre-shipment." I'm in OH... They sat in Memphis for 4 days though. Hopefully yours move soon!

Seriously, can the ROL opening drama be drawn out any more? Sigh. From recent reports looks like I'll have to plan that it's not happening. Meanwhile, magic bands should ship very soon. Meaning I have to intercept mail. Now am starting to feel a little frantic realizing all I have to do as I suddenly realize other things -- flu shots for everyone well before we leave, DD has a hole in her tennis shoes so I have to go get her some new ones, I need to get myself an additional pair of walking shoes, plus packing of sundries and starting to sort out what I need for my business trip and vacation, plus housesitter suddenly flaking on me and finding a new one. When did this only become 30 days away?

if you'd like to update mine for each resort I'm staying at.
its 10/15-10/20 POP
and 10/20-10-29 POFQ

my magic bands ship in a few days!! can. not. wait.

Seriously, can the ROL opening drama be drawn out any more? Sigh. From recent reports looks like I'll have to plan that it's not happening. Meanwhile, magic bands should ship very soon. Meaning I have to intercept mail. Now am starting to feel a little frantic realizing all I have to do as I suddenly realize other things -- flu shots for everyone well before we leave, DD has a hole in her tennis shoes so I have to go get her some new ones, I need to get myself an additional pair of walking shoes, plus packing of sundries and starting to sort out what I need for my business trip and vacation, plus housesitter suddenly flaking on me and finding a new one. When did this only become 30 days away?

Recent rumor from the News Round Up 2016 thread.

News/rumor

It's been said that Rivers of light has been handed over to park operations which means WDI is no longer involved and the show could debut within weeks.

I'd love it if ROL was started by our trip but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

I'm anxiously awaiting my magic bands. Though at this point, I probably won't get them until next week (they were shipped out on Tuesday)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest