***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

My thinking is I’m starting my vacation, so I want to relax first, but I also kind of like the idea of relaxing after the 4/5 day hopper madness.
I guess you can’t go wrong either way, I’ll have to try both… for science. ;)
I had a solo split stay starting at jambo house and then Poly. Went to AK Saturday and HS Sunday. At poly I went to Epcot and MK ( extended evening hours)and enjoyed being done with buses! I would do AKL again over and over first, then moving to a monorail resort. I can’t wait to bring my family to AKL after the refurb.

Hello I'm hoping some of you can help me. I'm looking at staying at Jambo house around Thanksgiving and looking for recommendations for a 2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa-Standard View. Much appreciated to all that respond.

Hello I'm hoping some of you can help me. I'm looking at staying at Jambo house around Thanksgiving and looking for recommendations for a 2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa-Standard View. Much appreciated to all that respond.
You mean your looking for room request options.?

You’ll be on the 5th floor in Jambo. The standard views overlook the pool, the pool+roofs, or ‘lesser’ savanna views. If you want one of the standard villas w/ a savanna view your safest bet is to request Kudu trail, all of the standards on that side overlook Sunset savanna.

You’ll be on the 5th floor in Jambo. The standard views overlook the pool, the pool+roofs, or ‘lesser’ savanna views. If you want one of the standard villas w/ a savanna view your safest bet is to request Kudu trail, all of the standards on that side overlook Sunset savanna.
Is the Kudu trail a long walk from the lobby? Thanks

See this map of Jambo: www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html. The issue is not whether Kudo Trail is far from the lobby but just where your room will be along Kudo Trail, which is essentially the entire left side of building and runs from the lobby area to the end of the building on that side. Walk from lobby area to an end room is long, walk to a standard room on that side can be short to long -- see this other map for location of standard view rooms i.imgur.com/G2qaSva.png.

More than half the standard view rooms have savanna view and the standard view rooms along Kudo Trail all have savanna view. And though the walk can be long at Jambo, it does not compare to potential walk to an end room at Kidani, which building is near 2/3 mile long.

See this map of Jambo: www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html. The issue is not whether Kudo Trail is far from the lobby but just where your room will be along Kudo Trail, which is essentially the entire left side of building and runs from the lobby area to the end of the building on that side. Walk from lobby area to an end room is long, walk to a standard room on that side can be short to long -- see this other map for location of standard view rooms i.imgur.com/G2qaSva.png.

More than half the standard view rooms have savanna view and the standard view rooms along Kudo Trail all have savanna view. And though the walk can be long at Jambo, it does not compare to potential walk to an end room at Kidani, which building is near 2/3 mile long.
Thank you this has been most helpful!

I want to get some opinions on AKV split stays…
IF you do a split stay, do you like or would you rather start your vacation at AKV or end it at AKV.?
We just did our first split stay in Jan/Feb and did AKV first. This worked out very well for us on this trip as a couple of us were under the weather initially. So having the savannah to enjoy was great.

But we all agreed that in future split stays we will want to do AKV at the end when we are worn out and won't mind taking the time to enjoy the resort versus the mad dash to the parks!

In looking at that map, I see the symbol for handicapped accessible rooms in the list on the left. However, in looking at the rooms, I don't see any HA. Is that the case-that there are no HA [I'm interested in studios] a Jambo?

I noticed that, too. It is a defect in the map. There are accessible rooms. I book a standard accessible studio and most often get one by the back elevator with a view of the pool. Others may be able to speak of more locations.

This is super helpful. Have an upcoming 1 bedroom standard view at Jambo. Am I correct to assume all one bedrooms are on the 5th floor, or no? And if our most important request is close to lobby/marra/pool, should I say close to lobby/elevators please? Appreciate your wisdom!

W/ AKL/V in terms of convenience & shorter walks - where you are in relation to the elevators is probably more important than your physical distance from the lobby. Here’s the map AKL Jambo gives you when you check in - I’ve highlighted the elevators in red & the location of the standard view villas in blue. The villas overlooking the pool on Zebra trail are very convenient since those elevators go down to the pool & Mara (the quick service.)
IMG_0051.jpeg
Not depicted on the map is that there is a very convenient sky bridge on the 5th floor connecting Kudu & Zebra trails.
I personally am ok w/ a long walk when I have standard view because I’m an animal nerd & IME I see more animals in the standard view villas at the very end of the trails. W/ a Jambo standard view stay if I’m on Kudu trail I’ll have a savanna view & I’ll either be fairly close to the Kudu trail elevators & see animals sporadically when they wander into that ell of Sunset savanna or I’ll have a longer walk but see animals a lot because I’m in one of the villas by the Sunset savanna barn.

This is super helpful. Have an upcoming 1 bedroom standard view at Jambo. Am I correct to assume all one bedrooms are on the 5th floor, or no? And if our most important request is close to lobby/marra/pool, should I say close to lobby/elevators please? Appreciate your wisdom!
All of the Jambo villas are on the 5th floor except for the club villas which are on the 6th floor.
Your best request for convenient access to the Mara/pool in a standard view would be Zebra trail near elevators - those elevators go directly down to the pool/Mara. They overlook the pool, which is a lovely view, just no animals (except H. sapiens :))

All of the Jambo villas are on the 5th floor except for the club villas which are on the 6th floor.
Your best request for convenient access to the Mara/pool in a standard view would be Zebra trail near elevators - those elevators go directly down to the pool/Mara. They overlook the pool, which is a lovely view, just no animals (except H. sapiens :))
Thank you!

W/ AKL/V in terms of convenience & shorter walks - where you are in relation to the elevators is probably more important than your physical distance from the lobby. Here’s the map AKL Jambo gives you when you check in - I’ve highlighted the elevators in red & the location of the standard view villas in blue. The villas overlooking the pool on Zebra trail are very convenient since those elevators go down to the pool & Mara (the quick service.)
View attachment 839578
Not depicted on the map is that there is a very convenient sky bridge on the 5th floor connecting Kudu & Zebra trails.
I personally am ok w/ a long walk when I have standard view because I’m an animal nerd & IME I see more animals in the standard view villas at the very end of the trails. W/ a Jambo standard view stay if I’m on Kudu trail I’ll have a savanna view & I’ll either be fairly close to the Kudu trail elevators & see animals sporadically when they wander into that ell of Sunset savanna or I’ll have a longer walk but see animals a lot because I’m in one of the villas by the Sunset savanna barn.
Am I correct that there are virtually no savannah view studios overlooking the Sunset Savannah? On my last stay at Jambo, I had a studio overlooking the sunset savannah and I loved it. I'm wondering which type of studio would give me a better chance of getting the Sunset Savannah again.

Am I correct that there are virtually no savannah view studios overlooking the Sunset Savannah? On my last stay at Jambo, I had a studio overlooking the sunset savannah and I loved it. I'm wondering which type of studio would give me a better chance of getting the Sunset Savannah again.
There are around 34 savanna view villas overlooking Arusha savanna & around 10-14 savanna view studios overlooking Sunset savanna & roughly the same number overlooking Uzima savanna.
W/ views, there are just no guarantees. I’ve had a lovely Uzima savanna view & 3 Arusha savanna views w/ savanna view bookings & several Sunset savanna views (some better than others) & 1 pool+roof w/ standard view bookings 🤷‍♀️.

Do the club rooms have a savanna view?
There are five 2BR lock-off club level rooms, which can be studios and 1BRs. If you look at this map www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html they are rooms on the 6th floor directly above 5201-5209, and 5401-5406. Three of the 2BRs face an upper wing of the Sunset Savanna. The other two overlook the pool. Though those savanna views are OK, they are not the best views, something verified by the fact that the rooms on the fifth floor directly below them are standard view rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter