The Disney Tipping Info Thread *Updated 9.1.09*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be in WDW next week on the FD. There are 12 of us and all on FD. Question is I know that how there is an automatic 18% tip, but how can we divided it so each of use can charge our share on our KTTW card. Example if tip is $30 can each of us put $10 on our KTTW card?

Because you are on the DDP you will always be 'splitting the bill', so it's easier than you think :goodvibes

Just let the server know who is with who, and at the end of your meal they will give you a bill with the 18% tip for your portion of the meal printed on the receipt.

Request separate checks before you order, and let your server know which orders go with which checks. The ideal way is for each family to sit together, but that doesn't always work :).

Each party's mandatory service charge, and only that party's, will be on the respective/correct checks.

We are on the Dining Plan and as you know, tips are no longer included. (Bad for us, great for the wait staff). Are you able to put the tips on your KTTW as it were your credit card? I know you can charge merchandise, just wondering if you can do this with tipping as well.

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

We are on the Dining Plan and as you know, tips are no longer included. (Bad for us, great for the wait staff). Are you able to put the tips on your KTTW as it were your credit card? I know you can charge merchandise, just wondering if you can do this with tipping as well.

Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

Yes, you can charge tips on your KTTW card.

Be careful while charging tips to your KTTW card and check the receipts. There have been reports of entire meals being charged to the card instead of just the tips.

I'm trying to figure all this out in regards to the Dining Packages...way to confusing.

Anyways, if I were to go with a Dining Package, it would be the Dining Package Plus, but I'm curious to know if TIPS are included? Or do the TIPs need to come out of my pocket for the table Service?

I'm trying to figure all this out in regards to the Dining Packages...way to confusing.

Anyways, if I were to go with a Dining Package, it would be the Dining Package Plus, but I'm curious to know if TIPS are included? Or do the TIPs need to come out of my pocket for the table Service?

All tips are OOP on all TS dining plans. It is possible to spend a significant amount on tipping with the DXDDP.

It's not really that confusing regarding this issue - none of the Disney Dining Plans include tips. You need to plan to pay your own tips.

The only things that include tips on the dining plan are Cinderella's Royal Table, the three dinner shows, pizza delivery and in-room dining.

If you are on the Disney Dining Plan and order room service for dinner - two table service credits - do you tip on what the meal would have cost or just tip the individual who delivers the food $10 or $15 dollars for delivery?:confused3

I was going to use my Disney Rewards Dollars to buy Disney Dollars at the park, can I use the funny money for tips? Can the waiter exchange it for cash easily or will they be bothered by it? Thanks

Also if were on the dinning plan and the tip amount is on the bill, do I have to tip that amount?

Thank you!

Unless you are using a Tables in Wonderland discount or you are a party of six or more, you may tip any amount you choose. If you are a party of less than six, your bill will show SUGGESTED customary tip amounts of 18% and 20%.

Does anyone know if the gratuity is still included with the dining plan at the royal table?
On the online menu it says if you purchase without the dining plan it is $47.99 per person including tax and gratuity.

oh I thought if you were on the dinning plan it was a set tip amount on the bill and if you wanted to leave something other than that you had to call over a manager. So if I can leave any amount I wish, but still one question can I pay tips in Disney Dollars?

Unless you are a party of six or more or are using a Tables in Wonderland discount, there is no automatic tip added to the bill whether you are using the dining plan or not.

I will defer the Disney Dollars question to anyone who's actually done it.

Does anyone know if the gratuity is still included with the dining plan at the royal table?
On the online menu it says if you purchase without the dining plan it is $47.99 per person including tax and gratuity.

The tip at Cinderellas Royal table is included. It doesn't matter if you pay out of pocket or are on the dining plan. It's included in that price.

Just trying to get all the last min things done... I have read some posts about mistakes being made if charging tips onto your KTTW card.. So I would like to take cash to pay our tips.

How much of a hassle is it for the wait staff to do this? Do we tell them when we arrive that we are on the DDP?

I have also read that you can write Cash or Table on the check/bill. Can we do that and hand them the check/bill with our KTTW card and leave the cash on the table or hand it to the wait staff?

Sorry if these questions have been asked many times.

tlc

Just trying to get all the last min things done... I have read some posts about mistakes being made if charging tips onto your KTTW card.. So I would like to take cash to pay our tips.

How much of a hassle is it for the wait staff to do this? Do we tell them when we arrive that we are on the DDP?

I have also read that you can write Cash or Table on the check/bill. Can we do that and hand them the check/bill with our KTTW card and leave the cash on the table or hand it to the wait staff?

tlc

yes you can do it this way -- just make sure you write "cash" on your receipts...and check them when they bring you the final copy to make sure no tip was charged. We always check the receipt carefully anyway, because sometimes people also report the meal was charged to their room instead of taken off their dining plan credits.

Actually, we had no problems whatsoever charging tips to our room while on the dining plan...every place we went, the Dining Plan was charged for the meal & the tip (in the amount we wrote on the receipt) was charged correctly to our room. Never got double-charged for a tip in a restaurant.

So really, either way works, in our experience. We did take all cash one year for the tips, found that was too much of a pain trying to come up with the correct amount all the time...sure you can guesstimate but that was rarely the exact right amount. Was much easier when we went to always charging it to the room.:thumbsup2

tlc

We always have been on the dining plan and use cash. We have yet to have any problems. A few times some waitress will act like you need to charge, it but just tell them no.

can you please share what you budgeted for tipping on the dining plan? We are a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 children. Here are my specific questions:

1) Is there an automatic gratuity for a party of 6? If so, what is it?
2) On the dining plan, with one table service meal per day, on average, what did you tip?

Just trying to get an idea for budgeting.

Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter