Which MVMCP would you attend?

Which MVMCP would you attend?

• December 15 (arrival night PVB longhouse studio)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • December 19 (last night of Island Tower theme park view studio)

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

maui22

DIS Veteran
We arrive at PVB longhouse on December 15 for 2 nights. Then, we head to the PVB Island Tower opening for 3 nights. We know the first day/night of Island Tower we'll be exclusively exploring things, so that rules out December 17 MVMCP. (We plan to enjoy the event fireworks from the tower). December 19 is our last night staying at Island Tower.

Planning to explore Christmas decorations at various resorts while staying in the longhouse studio and probably the 2nd/3rd day we're in the Island Tower. Rest of the time, we're not planning on the parks, except for MVMCP. It's probably been a decade since we went to MVMCP.

Which night would you choose and why?

I’d choose the 19th, on the grounds that our arrival day travel is long and tiring, so we wouldn’t enjoy the party on the 15th. Your travel on arrival day might not tire you out.

We fly home on the 20th. Likely an afternoon flying time, so we can sleep in if we attend the event on the 19th.
That to me would be another reason to pick the 19th. We'd be wanting to get up and out on the 16th, if that were our first full day!

I changed my vote from first day to last, and here's why -
originally voted 1st day because 1) your studio probably doesn't have a view and 2) what an exciting way to start your PolyHollyDay - with a bang! Only downside, imo, was if you'd be really tired from traveling. Also, it might be relaxing on your last day to watch fireworks from your unit.

Then when I read some more responses, saw that you'll have had some nights in your Tower TPV studio, already, so maybe the last night would be ok since you're not getting up early the next day. That said, you are paying a lot extra for TPV so why not "use" it... either way, have fun!

Thank you for all your insights.

We ended up with another option. Stalked the DVC availability and were able to get a studio for Dec 14. Changed flight days so we have an extra day. Gives us a day of travel and rest. Going to attend the Dec 15 event.

Gives us more flexibility to enjoy the island tower, Poly, and GF area. Can’t believe it’s been so long since we were at WDW or DL during Christmas time.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest