The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

i think I am a drama queen. Let’s start with the good stuff. Got home on Saturday and the contractor had picked up all the floor covering so that was nice except the shower glass was in the living room so no plans to touch it and we left the floors dirty and not covered. plan was for Monday after shower door installed would clean up the living room (dust, vacuum, mop floors).

on Sunday tested the dryer with lots of towels, that was a success. We also got the mirrors hung so we could start using the bathroom, though we have not yet. Monday morning the shower door guys came. got everything up but the door. The hinge was set to go straight into the glass blue accent. That was not going to work. Ordered a new door and hoping it will be installed Friday. Good thing though was all the glass was up, so we took care of the living room. Dusted, vacuumed, mopped and put back all the rugs and tables. It is all back to normal.

so still not done but here are progress pictures.

vanity area with lights and mirrors. Love the lights it looks great and it’s bright.

D783EADA-C491-4473-B211-4C2B16B18A99.jpeg

And my shower almost complete

1676C2E3-F669-4823-B355-1C26D13F1A2F.jpeg

Mallory seems quite happy the living room is back to normal and we are both in our correct spots.

@garneska - Looks nice. I really like that shower. A large walk-in shower would be a dream for us. We have a 4br house that is really better sized for a 3br layout. We have strongly considered ripping out our son's bedroom and turning it into a master bath and closet when he is grown. Given that he's only 11, we have quite a while to decide, but we might take something like that on in a decade or so.

Congrats!

Ok DIS hive mind. I need some ideas to come up with something great to make our first anniversary something special. Dinner is something she and I have been discussing (eating out vs. cooking at home). Part of me thinks a nice niche restaurant would be fun as we mostly eat at home anyway.

I found an awesome Ornament we don't have

and goes with this one that we picked out in Summer 2019.

Beyond that I am drawing a blank, this has been such a different year then either of us even envisioned. We talked about what the year looked like on our honeymoon and I can assure you, 2020 could not have been so different.

I have gotten this far but I could use some ideas to excite my imagination and come up with something.

:rotfl2: @jbrostek

but to be specific the other things left because yes i am keeping a list (that i know of at the moment):

1. Cabinet piece they have two pieces to install because we moved that cabinet out.
2. Baseboard behind the washer/dryer. they were saving that for when they do the cabinet as they will be all over the cabinet and can move the washer out.
3. Kneewall the side by the toilet they forgot to caulk between the granite top and the wall (easy).
4. Light switch plate. We tried to put it on but the lights dont quite line up. While we could futz with them we figured we would let them do it.

After that we have touch up painting to do. That will be done next weekend as we plan to pain the second bathroom next weekend. Figure all the paint will be out so good time for the touch up.

Came back to report that the shower is freaking awesome. I got to take the first shower. Play with all the controls. It is now setup how i like it. Bert still needs to use the shower and i bet will also play with all the controls and leave it setup completely different than i had it.

We will start moving into that bathroom now. This way we can prep the second bath for painting next weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter