The could we?? should we?? PTR **12/9 **Home from WDW**

Ok had to come check out your PTR from our planning thread! You guys are too funny! Your year sounds a lot like ours. It's always "something" in our house that we're planning for or saving for or having to go to. I can't imagine having a Disney trip without the kiddos so I'm excited to see how it turns out for your guys! I'm debating a "girls only" long weekend at Disney for my 30th then having DH and the kiddos come down for the rest of the week. It sounds like we've got a lot in common - I'm an obsessive planner too! :rotfl: In my PTR there's a picture of the Disney book I made my friend (who's going with us) and I hate to say, that's not my entire book I copied for her! :rolleyes1 The thing is huge and the binder doesn't quite close anymore but the more Disney info inside, the better! :thumbsup2

So has anyone purchased or seen in person the Disney Dooney and Burke bags??? I am not a big girly girl, and have NEVER spent more than 25 bucks on a purse, but I really want one! Okay, fine, I want 4... :lmao:

What does everybody else think of them???

I just saw these the other day and LOVE them! I'm not a girly girl or a purse girl either and these are the first purses I've ever seen that I actually want to run out and get now! I sent several pictures to my DH the day I found them so finally he texted me "I get the hint" :rotfl: Guess I'll be saving my pennies for a new purse and wallet.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the plans!! I'm sure it will be a great time!

You 2 are the cutest. :) SO envious you are going without the kids. My DH and I haven't even had one night away from our kids. Also envious you both are DISers. My DH doesn't like me talking about WDW until very close to the trip. He :love: Disney but he says he'll get depressed talking about it when it's so far away. I don't get him. :) I'm excited to keep reading your PTR. You guys are too cute. :)

Our airfare from Salt Lake direct to Orlando was $700 after taxes and fees (2 seats). We booked through Delta. Checked bags are $10 each if you pay online beforehand and $15 each at the airport. Its hard to find a direct flight to anywhere from SLC cause it's a tiny airport, so that was an amazing deal. I don't do layovers so well.

Disney is awesome for couples, you will love it!
:lovestruc

I have had many layovers in SLC, and it is tiny... But it does seem to be kind of a hub for Portland, cause I have had layovers there coming from a few different states... :confused3

I am thinking my days of paying closer to 250 per person are gone... :sad1:

I think I will just have to bite the bullet and pay that much...

Ok had to come check out your PTR from our planning thread! You guys are too funny! Your year sounds a lot like ours. It's always "something" in our house that we're planning for or saving for or having to go to. I can't imagine having a Disney trip without the kiddos so I'm excited to see how it turns out for your guys! I'm debating a "girls only" long weekend at Disney for my 30th then having DH and the kiddos come down for the rest of the week. It sounds like we've got a lot in common - I'm an obsessive planner too! :rotfl: In my PTR there's a picture of the Disney book I made my friend (who's going with us) and I hate to say, that's not my entire book I copied for her! :rolleyes1 The thing is huge and the binder doesn't quite close anymore but the more Disney info inside, the better! :thumbsup2

I just saw these the other day and LOVE them! I'm not a girly girl or a purse girl either and these are the first purses I've ever seen that I actually want to run out and get now! I sent several pictures to my DH the day I found them so finally he texted me "I get the hint" :rotfl: Guess I'll be saving my pennies for a new purse and wallet.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the plans!! I'm sure it will be a great time!

I love your DH's response to the purse hints!!! :rotfl:

Can you believe I have not even started my planning binder yet??? I may have to run up to Walmart this weekend and get my supplies... I got my tourguidemike set up today so that was nice...

You 2 are the cutest. :) SO envious you are going without the kids. My DH and I haven't even had one night away from our kids. Also envious you both are DISers. My DH doesn't like me talking about WDW until very close to the trip. He :love: Disney but he says he'll get depressed talking about it when it's so far away. I don't get him. :) I'm excited to keep reading your PTR. You guys are too cute. :)

Thanks! Hopefully you don't mean that nauseating lovey dovey cute! :laughing: Terry was like your DH 2 but after listening to me laugh my butt off reading TR's he had to get in on the fun... I never intended to do any PTR or TR for our 2009 trip, that was all him after reading off of Winkers, Jordan, and MrsK's reports...

I bought myself a new carry-on suitcase today! My old one was pretty small and well used, plus Terry's grandma needed one when she went home so I let her take it... I bought the same one I bought Terry for our 2008 trip... This is the first trip related purchase!!! :cool1:

I also bought tour guide mike today, so let the planning begin!!! :yay:

You 2 are the cutest. :)

Thanks, not sure about me, but Toni is the cutest for sure... :goodvibes

Also envious you both are DISers. My DH doesn't like me talking about WDW until very close to the trip. He :love: Disney but he says he'll get depressed talking about it when it's so far away. I don't get him. :)

I see where he is coming from... I used to think that way, but last year's trip was so much fun to plan... I really enjoyed making a PTR... I loved talking to other people and getting ideas from other people... It really gets me geared up and excited... I bet if he was to get into reading a few good TR's, he would be hooked! I was...

I came home from work tonight and I was very excited :banana:... I was excited cause I was going to make the reservation and actually book it... I logged into the website, got all the way through the whole thing, and it said there was a problem with the airfare I chose... I have tried it 3 more times and still nothing... Finally, a minute ago, the website said that vacation packages are temporarily out of order under going maintanence... You can only get theme park tickets or room only... :headache: Of course they do this when i am trying to buy my package!!

Why me!!! :mad:

AH NUTZ!! Doncha hate when that happens!!?? Keep trying; it'll work out sooner or later if you keep pushing the refresh button! :lmao::lmao:

Well I decided to go to sleep last night after the 10th time failed!! I tried this morning and it still gives me the same problems... I decided to ditch the online system and just call... I talked to a very friendly vacation planner this morning and got things set...

We are officially booked now!! :banana:

We left airfare out for now to see if the price comes down at all... We are planning on flying out on Thanksgiving night, and doing a redeye so we should land in Orlando around 7am on Nov 26th... We will have 11 full days, a 10 day ticket with park hopper, the dining plan, and we leave on Dec 7th... The flight we are looking out flys out at 6:30pm and we arrive in Portland at 11:45pm...

Time to get excited... Now, we get to wait for May 30th... Our day to make dining reservations :cool1:

It was kinda funny on the phone with the lady... When she was going through the passenger information, she verified mine, and then asked for the next guest... I told them Toni... I verified her information... Then she assumed the kids were going, so she asked me to verify Tailor's name... I told her that we are going this year and experiencing Disney, Adult style without the kids... At first she sounded a little shocked, but then laughed and said that it will be a great vacation... :thumbsup2

This whole trip seems to be coming together really nice... I can't wait!

Awesome!! Love it when someone gets all booked out! Funny she would have that initial reaction, then see the sense in going sans kids. :lmao: You guys are going to have a GREAT time- I just know it!

We were tossing around the idea of going 1 less day and savings a little money, but I wanted to have a full 10 days in the parks, plus I wanted 1 free day so that we can walk the resorts and see the decorations... I am so excited to go during the x-mas time... I think I may even cry going into the MK the first night and seeing the beautiful castle all lit up...

We were tossing around the idea of going 1 less day and savings a little money, but I wanted to have a full 10 days in the parks, plus I wanted 1 free day so that we can walk the resorts and see the decorations... I am so excited to go during the x-mas time... I think I may even cry going into the MK the first night and seeing the beautiful castle all lit up...

Ha! You just might!

I think a full 10 days is exactly what I'm doing PLUS a day for MNSSHP, and a resort hopping day too. If you eat CS meals it shouldn't be that much extra- well, except for the hotel. :eek: Stay clear of souvies and too much booze and you should save a huge wad.

Next week I should start posting our itineraries and stuff, if you want to hop over to ours as well. It moves fast, but is mostly chit chat- dont' let it scare you! It's the Invasion of Strangers one, if I've enticed you :)

Yay for booking! That cm's reaction is funny! 10 days without kids. I can't wait to read all about it.

:yay::yay: for booking!

Now it's time for the OregonFamily trip planning!!!! How many changes will there be this time?;)

Now it's time for the OregonFamily trip planning!!!! How many changes will there be this time?;)

Who knows... We just came home from the store and bought a new "Disney Planning Binder"... I have to work on designing the front cover today... :thumbsup2

You actually have some time off from work?:thumbsup2

He has to work graveyard for a week starting today... :headache:

He is going to head to bed at like 5 to get a good nap in... So for the next 4 hours he will be designing a front cover and printing my pages for my binder!! :woohoo:

He bought me an elliptical this morning, maybe I can get my butt into shape before this trip!!! :yay:

He has to work graveyard for a week starting today... :headache:

He is going to head to bed at like 5 to get a good nap in... So for the next 4 hours he will be designing a front cover and printing my pages for my binder!! :woohoo:

He bought me an elliptical this morning, maybe I can get my butt into shape before this trip!!! :yay:

Graveyard...eek.

We need to get an elliptical.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter